Another final, another timezone catastrophy

124»

Comments

• OzzmanOzzman Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't mind rotating event end times myself, but I guess not all EU/US (and maybe certain AS) players would feel the same way. It might even cause an outrage, therefore I don't think Hutch will do it, not even as a temporary solution.
    But the least they could and should do is finally move this issue to a higher priority, and start thinking about solutions, and experiment with those solutions. The daily event is always there if you guys want to test something.
  • Bucks73Bucks73 Posts: 625 ✭✭✭✭
    RobGripes said:
    I came online today specifically to thank our fellow players for supporting this issue. It's a biggie hugie for us. in Asia. I can't show hutch data, but having been part of a large discord group for this game I can tell you that event end times mean a lot.

I am still a huge fan of this game and wish it to continue going places. For other fans who aren't affected, or might even be adversely affected somewhat to support this is heartening. A big thank you to you all. 

---

@Hutch_Dmitri if the time ever comes that you would like an Asian player's perspective to brain-storm etc I'd be more than happy to oblige. I could gather a panel even. I am keen for progress to be made in any form. Something of a quick fix in rotating all end times occasionally, and the longer term goal of having something achievable for Hutch that benefits the Asian market also. I'm going for a win-win for everyone. 
    Seeing some movement on this internally. No promises, as usual, but seeing some good signs!
    Thanks @hutch_dmitri for that and understand the caveat but honestly appreciate the help on at least raising it and we will see how it goes. 

Love your work!
  • RobGripesRobGripes Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RobGripes said:
    I came online today specifically to thank our fellow players for supporting this issue. It's a biggie hugie for us. in Asia. I can't show hutch data, but having been part of a large discord group for this game I can tell you that event end times mean a lot.

I am still a huge fan of this game and wish it to continue going places. For other fans who aren't affected, or might even be adversely affected somewhat to support this is heartening. A big thank you to you all. 

---

@Hutch_Dmitri if the time ever comes that you would like an Asian player's perspective to brain-storm etc I'd be more than happy to oblige. I could gather a panel even. I am keen for progress to be made in any form. Something of a quick fix in rotating all end times occasionally, and the longer term goal of having something achievable for Hutch that benefits the Asian market also. I'm going for a win-win for everyone. 
    Seeing some movement on this internally. No promises, as usual, but seeing some good signs!

Well this is a turn up for the better. I too understand the caveat. 

Thank you for communicating to the team for us. 
  • hifichrishifichris Posts: 560 ✭✭✭
    @Hutch_Dmitri whats up?!? You had a good start but gone to silence mode now, just like the previous community manager?
    The problem is not him, but his boss
    edited August 13
    This is what happens a lot, but this example just highlights how bad the timezone issue is for some. Another comfortable T1 gone because a Korean and an Australian have pretty decent hands. 

I am 15817 in the 2nd image (name bug) which was taken by a friend who was awake at the end, this is about 15 minutes from finish. 

First image was probably around 12 hours out and I'd played some more tickets and taken a few losses but the player named Cho had targetted me with all his wealth and timezone advantage. bought tickets etc and kept hitting me overnight. 

This timezone fix, if there is one planned, couldn't possibly come fast enough. 

luckily for me, Hutch algorithm must have felt sorry for me, my CF dished out the Insignia VXR S'sport anyway  :D
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 7,344 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 13
    What's up with that ticket spam?  People who spend that kind of money to get a T1 UR mystify me.
    HeissRod said:
    What's up with that ticket spam?  People who spend that kind of money to get a T1 UR mystify me.
    Cho is always T1. always. His ticket spam looks even worse than the images show because he challenge/lost to my hand quite a few times. He was relentless in his pursuit, by throwing 9 epics into his S cars to beat mine. Including paying gold for the quick upgrade.
    When you have to be first, regardless of the cost. Sheesh...
  • O__VERO__VER Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 13
    HeissRod said:
    When you have to be first, regardless of the cost. Sheesh...
    All for 200 gold, $2500 cash, 20 reknown and a different but not necessarily better UR.  :#

Aside from the unfair end-times, it's also ridiculous and financially careless behaviour like this that's ruining the game for everyone else.
    This was during the Bugatti G.S. Prelims.  She posted on the KTPlay forums complaining about being hit too much by other players.  The T1 prize was the B64 Maserati GranTurismo.

• AslanVAslanV Posts: 758 ✭✭✭
    Impressive, but i guess we can play thanks to this kind of players ?