Monthly challenge: Arc 4

Hutch_DmitriHutch_Dmitri Posts: 101 admin
edited July 18 in General Discussion

It's time to bring you an update on our Monthly Challenges! 

The monthly challenges consist of a weekday challenge to award a ‘ticket’ prize car (common or uncommon), followed by a weekend challenge gated by these ticket prize cars and a 'mystery manufacturer' requirement. Three months make one arc, and the final weekend challenge of an arc awards a prize car.

We're making a few changes to monthly challenges, for more details on those see below. Here's what's coming up next:

Arc 4 July qualifier:
Sunday 19th July - Friday 24th July
Win your first RQ10 1969 Alfa Romeo Spider (S1)!

Arc 4 July (S1) owners’ challenge:
Friday 24th July - Sunday 26th July
Spider (S1) owners can enter this special weekend challenge

Beat the qualifier challenge to win a 1969 Alfa Romeo Spider (S1), NOT AVAILABLE FROM PACKS. This will grant access to the weekend challenge, which will award a Ceramic, a Carbon Fiber - and a bonus Ceramic for players with the strongest garages. Details below.

The weekend challenge will require cars from one particular manufacturer. Sara has a hint for what it is.
Arc 4 July (S1) owners’ challenge, requirements and prizes:

Zone 1: 1x 1969 Alfa Romeo Spider (S1), win 5 slots
Zone 2: 1x mystery manufacturer, win a Ceramic pack
Zone 3: 1x 1979 VW Type 2, win 12k cash
Zone 4: 3x mystery manufacturer, win a Carbon Fiber pack
Zone 5: Bonus expert round - 1x 1970 VW Type 2, win 24k cash
Zone 6: Bonus expert round - 4x mystery manufacturer, win a Ceramic

Based on player feedback, we’re making the following changes to monthly challenges.

Slots every month
Previously the 2nd and 3rd months in an arc would award 10 slots each, but no slots were awarded in the first month. Since the challenge involves collecting prize cars, players asked for slots from the first month of an arc.

We’ll still award a total of 20 slots over 3 months, but now the first reward in the first weekend challenge of an arc will be 5 slots, with 7 slots awarded in month two and 8 in month three. Just to confirm that maths: 5 + 7 + 8 = 0 + 10 + 10 = 20 slots each arc!

Easier entry for weekend challenges in month 3
The weekday challenges in a 3-month arc all award the same 'ticket' prize car, so players can collect up to 3. The weekend challenge begins with a requirement to own 1 of this ticket prize car in months 1 and 2, but required 2 of them in month 3. Players who weren’t able to beat the weekday challenge in months 1 and 2 of an arc found it odd that there was no benefit to winning the prize car in the 3rd month, since the weekend challenge required two.

From now, the 3rd month’s weekend challenge will only require 1 of that arc’s prize car to enter. However, do note that it’s still beneficial to claim at least 2 of the prize cars from the current arc if you can, as this will unlock further rounds in the following two arcs.

Low-risk farming
We know that some players deliberately avoid finishing a challenge so they can farm 2-star wins, before taking the prize at the end. Although we (and other players!) have particularly advised against this in challenges awarding ticket prize cars, every month a surprising number of players would farm and then either forget or be too busy to claim their prize car at the end.

To help avoid this, the prize car in the weekday challenges will now be awarded on the penultimate round.

Naming and fairness
These monthly challenges are designed to reward committed players, so once you have completed challenges in three arcs in a row you can enter challenges to win a Carbon Fiber every month in the weekend challenges, and prize cars at the end of each arc.

This is why the Austin ticket prize cars from Season 1 were required for some of the prizes in Season 2 arcs 1 and 2. However, some players found that confusing and unfair.

A challenge season would last 9 months, consisting of 3 arcs. While it is intuitive that a season only requires cars awarded that season, we were concerned that it’s not fair to players who start the game part way through a season; those players then have to wait for a new season to be rewarded for collecting the ticket prize cars. Hence the rolling format - whenever you start, you can get full prizes after 3 arcs.

To match this ‘rolling’ format we will no longer consider arcs in 'seasons'. So, monthly challenge Arc 4 will run through Jul/Aug/Sep 2020, Arc 5 from Oct/Nov/Dec 2020, and so on. It will remain the case that to win the final prize car in any arc, you’ll need to have won at least 2 of the ticket prize cars from the 2 previous arcs.

For example:
To win the prize car from Arc 4, you’ll need at least 2 of the ticket prize cars from Arcs 3 and 2
To win the prize car from Arc 5, you’ll need at least 2 of the ticket prize cars from Arcs 4 and 3
… and so on. Speaking of prizes…

Next prize cars
The following prize cars will be awarded in the upcoming monthly weekend challenges:
Arc 4, concluding September 2020: RQ45 C 1981 Porsche 924 Carrera GTS
Arc 5, concluding December 2020: RQ51 B 2016 DS 3 Performance
Arc 6, concluding March 2021: RQ82 S 2016 KTM X-Bow GT4

*Edit: Post updated to specify the VW Type 2 requirements in the upcoming weekend challenge
Post edited by Hutch_Tim on

Comments

• REALAISREALAIS Posts: 819 ✭✭✭
    Why its not named season 3? No more seasons? Just continous naming of arcs?
  • OzzmanOzzman Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 17
    My brain melted a bit reading all this, but thanks anyway, sounds fun. These challanges are always welcome.
    REALAIS said:
    Why its not named season 3? No more seasons? Just continous naming of arcs?
    "To match this ‘rolling’ format we will no longer consider arcs in 'seasons'. So, monthly challenge Arc 4 will run through Jul/Aug/Sep 2020, Arc 5 from Oct/Nov/Dec 2020, and so on."
  • 0171801718 Posts: 450 ✭✭✭
    It's nice and all but I'm not really stoked for the KTM.

I like the slight changes tho.
  • EndlessWavesEndlessWaves Posts: 768 ✭✭✭✭
    Most of it sounds reasonable.

The season naming change seem like it could backfire. Anyone who joins 1/3 of the way through a season is going to find their first three arc car is just a super rare, when their friends who joined a week or two before them got an epic or legendary. Seasons instead of three-arcs (Arc de Trios?) at least give an understanding of why.

• Snaetch89Snaetch89 Posts: 76
    Yeah everything seems kinda bad when you know the MD was rewarded, especially when you started a bit too late and only gathered two austins :). Anyway its a S car so even if it will get beaten by all the other KTMs cause they are easier to max epics and this likely wont be maxed... its an S car, so thanks for that.
    edited July 17
    For me Seasons was for cars.
    S1 Austins
    S2 VW buses
    S3 Alfas
    Etc.
    Now it will be mixed bags
    Why we even have then naming of arcs?
    Seasons gives hint how many high RQ cars were awarded too.

• Yama_sanYama_san Posts: 299 ✭✭✭
    Even if I'm not sure to have understood everything, changes seem to go in a good direction.

So no need of the VW bus anymore as initially planned for that next season?
    Yama_san said:
    Even if I'm not sure to have understood everything, changes seem to go in a good direction.

So no need of the VW bus anymore as initially planned for that next season?
    Nothing changes. Only naming.
    You still need VW buses.

So Seasons are not fair.
    But if takeaway "Seasons" naming then its suddenly fair?
    Because nothing else changes. Playing system is same. To win any prize car you have to play for 9 months(3 archs).
    I feel stupid... because I dont see where gameplay changes to suddenly make it fair.
    Who can enlightened me what I'm missing?
  • Snaetch89Snaetch89 Posts: 76
    @Hutch_Dmitri it is great to get an update on the next arcs, but you might want to consider moving the KTM down to epic rarity...have a look at these cars:

Maybe its MRA is 120, only Hutch can tell
  • hoschhosch Posts: 40
    I came too late for the last Season and that´s why I was missing the Bus from the first Arc. But well, that is the way it is! If you come too late to a party the chosen booze or girl might be gone or your mates are way too drunk to catch up... 
    People really should stop whining about everything and live with it... All that changing for those people that complain about everything... 
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 6,938 ✭✭✭✭✭

The season naming change seem like it could backfire. Anyone who joins 1/3 of the way through a season is going to find their first three arc car is just a super rare, when their friends who joined a week or two before them got an epic or legendary. Seasons instead of three-arcs (Arc de Trios?) at least give an understanding of why.

From what I understand the prize cars are static and are not awarded, based on how many busses you have at any point in the season?

Season 2 had same 3 arcs...
  • RobGripesRobGripes Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
    hosch said:
    I came too late for the last Season and that´s why I was missing the Bus from the first Arc. But well, that is the way it is! If you come too late to a party the chosen booze or girl might be gone or your mates are way too drunk to catch up... 
    People really should stop whining about everything and live with it... All that changing for those people that complain about everything... 

To be honest, i think the problem is that it takes 9 months to win one S, and even then it is far from guaranteed after 9 months of play. You'd need a fairly well-established garage to complete the first arc. 

Maybe the seasons/arcs whatever they're called should be much shorter. There are sooo many prize card that are still to make a first appearance. 
  • RobGripesRobGripes Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't get me wrong though, i do enjoy the challenges as it spices things up from time to time. 

I am merely saying that if you're 8 months in, and a 9 month long rolling challenge is impossible to complete i would feel quite miffed too as I would consider myself a long term.player by then.
  • AslanVAslanV Posts: 543 ✭✭✭
    edited July 17
    I am so pumped for the 2 first prized cars !

Last one was a A at first for me, but still happy to have it :smile:

About the next cars, they were the Jag, the alfas,the bus and the Austin.

My bet is on PL12 ! or pass prized car series like the Renault Espace, Porsche 356, Renault Clio, VW Polo, Chrysler Town and Country etc (All have 3 version in F)
  • juan_cruz_96juan_cruz_96 Posts: 306 ✭✭✭
    This new Season looks great! (although you don't want to call it a Season). I'me very happy that FINALY you give away the DS 3 Performance, something good to add to my poor french garage. And the Alfa looks like the best RQ 10, so I'm also exited to get 3 of them.

Regarding the modifications made to this type of competition, I personally don't think that starting the game in the middle of a Season is unfair. If you are late, you are late, period. You'll have your chance later. We waited 1 years for Season 1 and played it for 1 year, that's what I call commitment. If this Arcs are all about rewarding long-term commited players, then you shouldn't make things easier to get, or else give old player better rewards, I don't know, if you still have an Austin, you get an extra Carbon Fiber pack or something llike that.

I also don't agree with the low-risk farming move. You don't want players to do it, but you endorse it? I belive that if you lost your VW bus because you were farming, that was instant karma. But if you consider that this is the best solution, it's fine for me, I'll happily farm last round from now on lol.
  • EndlessWavesEndlessWaves Posts: 768 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 17
    HeissRod said:

From what I understand the prize cars are static and are not awarded, based on how many busses you have at any point in the season?
    I don't understand?

They're dropping the concept of seasons and will just be saying in each arc 'if you're new to this, you need have participated in two previous arcs to win this arc's prize car'. 

The same as it is now, except with there'll be no distinction made between the first, second and third arcs in a season. As we'll presumably still be seeing the same mix of 1/3 super rare, 1/3 ultra rare and 1/3 epic/legendary prize cars there's going to be a lot of variability to the prize cars given out between arcs.

It seems like it may result in a repeat of the complaints the challenge used to get when it gave out a car at the end, and I only recall that being super or ultra rare (were there ever epics?).

No harm in giving it a go though.

@Hutch_Dmitri it is great to get an update on the next arcs, but you might want to consider moving the KTM down to epic rarity...have a look at these cars:

The KTMs generally have better mid-range than other track cars like the Seven R500 and 2-Eleven, and as that's a racecar it may well have better off the line performance than other KTMs. 

RQs are set based on lap times, not manually assigned. Sometimes cars with a combination of traits that are more favoured by the event track selection than the RQ assignment will be manually adjusted up but I've never heard of an occasion where cars are dropped in RQ.

It could be rubbish, but don't knock it till you've tried it.

Also, on the KTM, it will be the best one, but you will have to max it... Make it fair for me !
    HeissRod said:

I don't understand?

They're dropping the concept of seasons and will just be saying in each arc 'if you're new to this, you need have participated in two previous arcs to win this arc's prize car'. 

The same as it is now, except with there'll be no distinction made between the first, second and third arcs in a season. As we'll presumably still be seeing the same mix of 1/3 super rare, 1/3 ultra rare and 1/3 epic/legendary prize cars there's going to be a lot of variability to the prize cars given out between arcs.

It seems like it may result in a repeat of the complaints the challenge used to get when it gave out a car at the end, and I only recall that being super or ultra rare (were there ever epics?).

No harm in giving it a go though.

I think I may have misunderstood your original comment.  I interpreted the comment in such a way that If you missed the previous prize car, you'd be able to compete for it in the next arc event instead of the current car.  (i.e. during the UR prize car challenge, you'd be competing for the previous SR)  Apologies for the confusion.
  • NinjaDesignzNinjaDesignz Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not complaining about the prizes in this challenge but the new season would have been the best way to award the prize Volvo everyone wants. Just some food for thought.
  • chemineecheminee Posts: 119 ✭✭✭

Don't forget the Furai
    edited July 17

Just because you found cars with similar stats on the front of the card doesn’t mean the car should automatically decrease in rarity.  We can provide similar screenshots with bottom-tier Legendaries.
  • O__VERO__VER Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah pretty much all of those compared cars are known to have dogshit MRA.
    edited July 17
    Considering it's current rarity, and the known decent MRA of non-price KTMs, I'm betting this one will also have MRA around 90-ish.

For comparison on MRA....
    R500 - 56.5
    2-Eleven GT4 - 68.3
    2-Eleven S'charged - 68.7
    Corvette Gran Sport - 70.4
  • hoschhosch Posts: 40
    Did we already get a hint from Sara what the secret manufaturer might be? Did I miss it, or is that always at the end of the weekly challenge?
    Always at the end
  • greddygreddy Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dodge
    Noooooooo 😭