DS DS Numéro 9

JackyQuJackyQu Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭✭
edited July 19 in Car Corrections
I don’t think its name should have two “DS”
Its manufacturer claimed 0-62 is 5.4s, so it should be overall faster than the Citroën CXperience (which is having a lower 0-60 and lower top speed with no clear engine stats by Citroën) 


Comments

  • PlantedZebraPlantedZebra Posts: 710 ✭✭✭✭
    the double DS thing seem to be present on many other FR update DS's, too.
  • AslanVAslanV Posts: 543 ✭✭✭
    Yeah, because the first DS3 was a Citroën, they switch to DS after ... So you have the Citroën DS3 and the DS DS3
  • REALAISREALAIS Posts: 819 ✭✭✭
    AslanV said:
    Yeah, because the first DS3 was a Citroën, they switch to DS after ... So you have the Citroën DS3 and the DS DS3
    No, it is just simply DS 3, DS 7, DS Numero 9, DS 5. 
  • StreetracerStreetracer Posts: 184 ✭✭✭
    REALAIS said:
    AslanV said:
    Yeah, because the first DS3 was a Citroën, they switch to DS after ... So you have the Citroën DS3 and the DS DS3
    No, it is just simply DS 3, DS 7, DS Numero 9, DS 5. 

    Sure? https://www.citroen.co.uk/citroen-ds3-breaks-free-to-become-ds-3
  • AslanVAslanV Posts: 543 ✭✭✭
    Even, on their website, they always put the DS in front of it...
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 6,938 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 20
    Noted for name correction to this one and all the rest of the lineup that had 'DS' repeated in the name
  • REALAISREALAIS Posts: 819 ✭✭✭
    AslanV said:
    Even, on their website, they always put the DS in front of it...
    Yes, it is DS car brand and 3,5 etc is model.
    Its not DS DS3...
  • REALAISREALAIS Posts: 819 ✭✭✭
    REALAIS said:
    AslanV said:
    Yeah, because the first DS3 was a Citroën, they switch to DS after ... So you have the Citroën DS3 and the DS DS3
    No, it is just simply DS 3, DS 7, DS Numero 9, DS 5. 

    Sure? https://www.citroen.co.uk/citroen-ds3-breaks-free-to-become-ds-3
    Where is connection there with what I said?
    Citroen DS3 is no longer manufactured for years. It is just DS 3.
  • StreetracerStreetracer Posts: 184 ✭✭✭
    Just a source for AslanV's comment. Your reply looked to me like you do not believe him. But yes, now it is just DS3. I wondered when I saw DS is a brand while I was searching for used cars.
  • REALAISREALAIS Posts: 819 ✭✭✭
    Just a source for AslanV's comment. Your reply looked to me like you do not believe him. But yes, now it is just DS3. I wondered when I saw DS is a brand while I was searching for used cars.
    Then go back to Aslan comment and find where he wrote that new cars are DS DS3.
    You are getting in middle for no reason.
  • AslanVAslanV Posts: 543 ✭✭✭
    edited July 21
    I agree with REALAIS, I did say that you can find some DS DS3

    Even DS does not know how to handle it ... And I am wondering if 3 is registered or not...







    This one is on the official website. Their model name include the brand, that's it.

    In case you are interested, https://www.dscertified.dsautomobiles.fr/acheter-voiture-occasion?page=1&filters[0][brand]=ds

    It would be interesting to look at a paper of ownership of the car (Title in USA, Carte Grise in France)

    But i fully agree with the modification requested by HeissRod, even i would like to know Hutch and Ds feedback :)
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 6,938 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't count a car buying website as a proof of how things should be named.
  • REALAISREALAIS Posts: 819 ✭✭✭
    DS UK official homepage
  • StreetracerStreetracer Posts: 184 ✭✭✭
    REALAIS said:
    Just a source for AslanV's comment. Your reply looked to me like you do not believe him. But yes, now it is just DS3. I wondered when I saw DS is a brand while I was searching for used cars.
    Then go back to Aslan comment and find where he wrote that new cars are DS DS3.
    You are getting in middle for no reason.

    Yeah, you are right, I think I should have quoted AslanV's comment. Sorry for that. I did not think enough about my reply. :(
  • AslanVAslanV Posts: 543 ✭✭✭
    Citroën official website,

    No mention of Citroën in the name of the car

    We can continue this deaf conversation if you want,

    But I maintain that the name of brand is inside the name of car. Which is leading to the DS DS 3 for exemple.
    This is dumb, yes,but I do not work on the marketing department of DS.

    We will see if this is corrected, as the model name of car is often IP.
    Or if someone have a DS3 and want to share an official document, where there is only 3 next to the model line.
  • REALAISREALAIS Posts: 819 ✭✭✭
    edited July 21
    AslanV said:
    Citroën official website,

    No mention of Citroën in the name of the car

    We can continue this deaf conversation if you want,

    But I maintain that the name of brand is inside the name of car. Which is leading to the DS DS 3 for exemple.
    This is dumb, yes,but I do not work on the marketing department of DS.

    We will see if this is corrected, as the model name of car is often IP.
    Or if someone have a DS3 and want to share an official document, where there is only 3 next to the model line.
    Why are you still pushing for double naming when anywhere in official interent homepages it is not. 
    This is French page.
  • REALAISREALAIS Posts: 819 ✭✭✭
    edited July 21
    Put more "Disagree". This is official Manual



  • AslanVAslanV Posts: 543 ✭✭✭
    First, i am not the one putting the disagree, 

    Second, the first lign in french does translate by thank you for choosing a DS 3. It can be thank you for choosing a C3 for Citroen. Just mentioning the model name.

    Here is another evidence that the model name is DS 3
    https://www.groupe-psa.com/en/publication/ventes-mondiales-par-modele-et-energie-1er-semestre-2019/

    Brand : DS  - Model DS 3. So they sell DS DS 3 as Citroen is selling Citroen C3. And you can see this is not limited to the DS 3,  but to DS original model such as the DS 3 Crossback and the DS 7 Crossback.


    They put the brand inside the model name ...

  • MrpiratepeteMrpiratepete Posts: 940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 22
    I think I'm going to agree with AslanV here. Seems like the models are in fact named like "DS 7 Crossback" and not "7 Crossback".
  • thebigbadwolfthebigbadwolf Posts: 183 ✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    I wouldn't count a car buying website as a proof of how things should be named.
    Look at the third picture of his. The site is called dscertified.dsautomobiles.fr...
    They go for the double DS on their official websites.
  • REALAISREALAIS Posts: 819 ✭✭✭
    So you would ever refer to that car as DS DS 3? 
    You dont even think why it is like that?
    Because car brands cant/wont use single digit/letter for model naming.

    There is no Tesla 3, but Tesla Model 3.
    Same for Audi, there is no Audi 1, but Audi A1 etc.

    Lets say technically you are right, it is model named DS 3. But in no communication DS brand poses their cars with double naming.
     No car reviews, reveals, ads etc has listed DS DS 3 or other models in such manner.





  • JackyQuJackyQu Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭✭
    I personally prefer just “DS 3”
    But this is quite funny

  • JackyQuJackyQu Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭✭
    There is absolutely no need to argue this, just say them whatever you want. Imagine a dude sharing his car like “Yo, check out my brand new DS DS 3”
  • MrpiratepeteMrpiratepete Posts: 940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    REALAIS said:
    So you would ever refer to that car as DS DS 3? 
    You dont even think why it is like that?
    Because car brands cant/wont use single digit/letter for model naming.

    There is no Tesla 3, but Tesla Model 3.
    Same for Audi, there is no Audi 1, but Audi A1 etc.

    Lets say technically you are right, it is model named DS 3. But in no communication DS brand poses their cars with double naming.
     No car reviews, reveals, ads etc has listed DS DS 3 or other models in such manner.
    Like you said: It's the Audi "A1" meaning the A1 is the model name, not just 1. 
    Same with the DS "DS3" meaning the DS3 is the model name not just 3.

    It may sound stupid and I also personally prefer just “DS 3” instead of DS DS3 but it seems that this is the right call.
  • JaguarDTMJaguarDTM Posts: 324 ✭✭✭
    How did we get 20 new messages over DS of all things 
  • PlantedZebraPlantedZebra Posts: 710 ✭✭✭✭
    debate about whether to keep the DoubleS's or not i'd imagine
Sign In or Register to comment.