Ariel Atom 500 V8 Tri-Series

Hutch_DmitriHutch_Dmitri Posts: 160 admin
edited August 13 in General Discussion
Celebrate a unique car manufacturer Ariel Motor Company with a new Tri-Series event, kicking off in Top Drives this Thursday.

Click here to watch the trailer

Feel free to discuss the Prize Car in this thread!
Post edited by Hutch_Gsearch on

Comments

• TopDrives40778TopDrives40778 Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looking forward to it  B)
  • KcrayKcray Posts: 101 ✭✭✭
    Social media posts say it is sponsored by EVO Magazine. What impact does that make on the prizes/tiers?

• pSikpSik Posts: 110 ✭✭✭
    Celebrate a unique car manufacturer Ariel Motor Company with a new Tri-Series event, kicking off in Top Drives this Thursday.

That was rather neat, well done.
    Perhaps a couple of daily updates prior to the event starting to hint towards the requirements.
    "You'll be racing with cars between years 1980-1999"
    "You'll be racing with German cars"
    etc?
  • Hutch_DmitriHutch_Dmitri Posts: 160 admin
    pSik said:

That was rather neat, well done.
    Perhaps a couple of daily updates prior to the event starting to hint towards the requirements.
    "You'll be racing with cars between years 1980-1999"
    "You'll be racing with German cars"
    etc?
    Sure, I've got the requirements now so will be talking about them in the posts!
  • greddygreddy Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Germany renaissance Coupes finals
  • D3nzelloD3nzello Posts: 121 ✭✭✭
    greddy said:
    Correct!
    yes and all frozen lake tracksets plz, just to make it more fun
  • binnerbinner Posts: 729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    greddy said:
    Correct!
    Nice! Can you give us a hint on the tracks now? hahaha
    Hopefully no wet super twisty tracks where everyone with a maxed synchro will dominate 
  • EndlessWavesEndlessWaves Posts: 789 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 22
    It's major prize car time, this one can beat a Veyron to 100mph and a superlight on slalom (probably). It's likely to be some serious competition to the P1s. 

As an Atom 4 owner I was hoping we wouldn't see this one for a long time. 

And I have sod all in the way of German Renaissance coupes. 

Post edited by EndlessWaves on
  • AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Hutch_Tim if you prepare some times to showcase the Ariel, please include the Superlight as comparison. I think lots here are interested if this will be a SL beater. thanks
  • AslanVAslanV Posts: 760 ✭✭✭
    edited July 22
    greddy said:
    How ? :open_mouth:

But building the hype, yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah !
    @Hutch_Tim if you prepare some times to showcase the Ariel, please include the Superlight as comparison. I think lots here are interested if this will be a SL beater. thanks
    It is included! We filmed the showcase today and had some comparisons including the Superlight.
    Nice! Way to go.

• MikethemeatMikethemeat Posts: 61 ✭✭
    delcookie said:
    Disappointing that these final's requirements just so happens to contain an epic that went to legendary, and that quite a few people now have 1, 2, or even 3 of maxed while many could not even get it when it was epic. Yet again the player base is hurt by mistakes Hutch make on cars before releasing them. 
    It moved to legendary by RQ but its stats have not been increased until the next update. So not sure why this is even something to be disappointed about? Just takes up more RQ! 
    delcookie said:
    Disappointing that these final's requirements just so happens to contain an epic that went to legendary, and that quite a few people now have 1, 2, or even 3 of maxed while many could not even get it when it was epic. Yet again the player base is hurt by mistakes Hutch make on cars before releasing them. 
    It moved to legendary by RQ but its stats have not been increased until the next update. So not sure why this is even something to be disappointed about? Just takes up more RQ! 
    Players maxed it while it was epic i thats the point.

delcookie said:
    Players maxed it while it was epic i thats the point.

But still performance of an Epic at the moment...

Just impacting new people pulling it for the moment

A mistake was made in the car,they did correct it,and move the car in advance... And when you see the numbers of topic in the car corrections, this is not the last problematic car
  • Ernst_WomoErnst_Womo Posts: 253 ✭✭✭
    edited July 23
    Sorry, mistake 😉
  • r79r79 Posts: 28
    Kcray said:
    Social media posts say it is sponsored by EVO Magazine. What impact does that make on the prizes/tiers?

EVO Magazine's logo was always in the game, nothing new.
  • r79r79 Posts: 28
    It's major prize car time, this one can beat a Veyron to 100mph and a superlight on slalom (probably). It's likely to be some serious competition to the P1s. 

I seriously doubt it would win with Veyron 0-100mph, maybe 0-60mph if at all. MRA and top spead of Veyron will overtake small difference in 0-60mph time. Besides maxed Veyron has 2.0 sec. 0-60mph I think.
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 7,353 ✭✭✭✭✭
    r79 said:
    Kcray said:

What's new is that they specifically said this prize car was "sponsored by EVO".  That hasn't been mentioned before.
  • Hutch_DmitriHutch_Dmitri Posts: 160 admin
    HeissRod said:
    r79 said:
    Kcray said:

What's new is that they specifically said this prize car was "sponsored by EVO".  That hasn't been mentioned before.
    This is really just to reflect our appreciation of the partnership between brands. It is supported by Evo, not sponsored. We are getting some amplification on social media from Evo, and they provided us with the footage for the trailer.
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 7,353 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    r79 said:
    Kcray said:

This is really just to reflect our appreciation of the partnership between brands. It is supported by Evo, not sponsored. We are getting some amplification on social media from Evo, and they provided us with the footage for the trailer.
    Sorry for the misuse of the term. :)

Yeah, I figured the video footage was the contribution, when I saw the trailer. :)
  • EndlessWavesEndlessWaves Posts: 789 ✭✭✭✭
    r79 said:

I seriously doubt it would win with Veyron 0-100mph, maybe 0-60mph if at all. MRA and top spead of Veyron will overtake small difference in 0-60mph time. Besides maxed Veyron has 2.0 sec. 0-60mph I think.
    That's what it was the pre-launch hype was around. Ariel stated they were aiming to hit 100mph in under the time a Veyron takes:
    https://www.evo.co.uk/ariel/atom-v8/11329/ariel-atom-500-v8

• juan_cruz_96juan_cruz_96 Posts: 306 ✭✭✭
    In-game, the Ariel with best MRA is the Atom 1, with 74. Mark my word, the V8 will have awful MRA aswell. Bugatti owners are fine (for now).
  • David_FookDavid_Fook Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they follow the times claimed in the evo article above (and I see no reason why they wouldn’t) then the mra will be 74. Not bad for that low 0-60, and also not relevant for the car. What everyone wants to know is slalom vs the superlight... 
    Does 1 point in grip overcome 50kg basically...
  • greddygreddy Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they follow the times claimed in the evo article above (and I see no reason why they wouldn’t) then the mra will be 74. Not bad for that low 0-60, and also not relevant for the car. What everyone wants to know is slalom vs the superlight... 
    Even if it does beat it on slalom (i doubt) , its 15 epics vs 15 ultra rares and prize tag.