PL12: European Revolution Patch Notes Discussion

Feel free to discuss the Patch Notes here!

Comments

• hajduk_fanhajduk_fan Posts: 425 ✭✭✭
    127 MRA on VW W12 Roadster?
  • greddygreddy Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems that many cars are held manually at their current rarity. Ford Rs200 goes medium and stays UR. 
  • lemmings99olemmings99o Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A hell of a lot of changes with minimal rarity changes, would have liked to have seen the individual RQ changes in the patch notes for all the cars that didnt change rarity.
  • Hutch_RobinHutch_Robin Posts: 925 admin
    Rawel said:
    BMW M240i goes from medium ground clearance to low and it doesn't drop to ultra rare? it's rq65 right now, how can a change like that not even change its rq by one?
    greddy said:
    Seems that many cars are held manually at their current rarity. Ford Rs200 goes medium and stays UR. 
    Thanks for these. You are right. If there are any others, let us know. Though now you've pointed it out, I should be able to find any others.
  • TGPDTGPD Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rip my M5...
  • lemmings99olemmings99o Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rawel said:
    BMW M240i goes from medium ground clearance to low and it doesn't drop to ultra rare? it's rq65 right now, how can a change like that not even change its rq by one?
    greddy said:
    Thanks for these. You are right. If there are any others, let us know. Though now you've pointed it out, I should be able to find any others.

Does this mean they will get the rarity changed in the patch or next patch? and if it's in this one will the notes get updated first?
    Does this mean they will get the rarity changed in the patch or next patch? and if it's in this one will the notes get updated first?
    Any changes will be to a future update.
  • RawelRawel Posts: 941 ✭✭✭✭✭
    if you could at least change the rs200 asap it'd be nice, otherwise we will have half a year to hunt for it to get cheap epic food
  • goshkogoshko Posts: 135 ✭✭✭
    Also G63 6x6’s acceleration has been nerfed but stays A65 and KTM xbow RR has a serious buff but it’s still epic (which is not a bad thing, just don’t know if it’s intended.
  • MrpiratepeteMrpiratepete Posts: 968 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The car correction list is a joke. Many european cars seem to get nerfed just for the sake of the new European cars.
    I can list many cars from this list that where never mentioned in the car correction thread and are now getting nerfed. 
  • grandvachegrandvache Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The corrections are fine, but two questions...

who writes your patch notes these days? What happened to the funny (I know some other players will disagree with me on that assessment)

how on gods green earth do you make all these changes and not run the RQinator afterwards? Vast reams of changes, many many many of which clearly will mean RQ class changes (bmw, Ktm, rs200 mentioned above are just the start) and none of these cars are changing in RQ in this update??  How does that get past QC?  Is it a too many cooks thing or it it intentional to give players more notice on RQ changes?
  • O__VERO__VER Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭✭✭
    grandvache said: or is it intentional to give players more notice on RQ changes?
    Lol don't be silly.
  • PlantedZebraPlantedZebra Posts: 792 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 15
    A bit disappointed that my beloved RX-7's didn't make the cut. I don't know how long the Mazda update was released but the years are still wrong. And I also made a correction proposal to buff its MRA all the way back in March, it has been noted back then but it still isn't here yet... While the NA1 NSX, which was noted in April, has made it in.
  • hajduk_fanhajduk_fan Posts: 425 ✭✭✭
    Huayra 0-170mph in 20.0.

Are you bloody serious?
    Current time for stock one is about 16-16.5s.

That is huge nerf (once again, it previoudly already lost 0.8s on 1 mile drag) and it shouldn't be worse than Huayra Roadster because they are pretty much the same car.
  • TopDrives40778TopDrives40778 Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TD42792 said:
    ML63 handling buff is the only enormous mistake I could find: why?
    Really does not make sense that it becomes much better than the newer GLE63s.

"Changed 0-60 from 4.5 to 4.2 seconds. 
    Changed 0-100 from 11.4 to 9.8 seconds.  
    Changed handling from 70 to 76. 
    Changed year from 2016 to 2012.  "

Compared to the GLE63s which is the updated much newer car:
    0-60: 4.0 (ok)
    Handling: 71 (Why does the ML63 have 76????)
    GLE 63 S correction has been noted and is with Hutch
  • Benbenx2Benbenx2 Posts: 223 ✭✭
    We now have a car which has 150 MRA too! The 2010 Jaguar C-X75
  • AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Benbenx2 said:
    We now have a car which has 150 MRA too! The 2010 Jaguar C-X75
    Can i lift off and fly to the moon with it now?! Is this number confirmed?

• MoogMoog Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭
    Does this mean that the changes will be in this update but the RQ/rarity update in another?
    If so, we're going to have some OP cars for a while...
  • REALAISREALAIS Posts: 905 ✭✭✭✭
    Moog said:
    Does this mean that the changes will be in this update but the RQ/rarity update in another?
    If so, we're going to have some OP cars for a while...
    It is meant for cars with incorrect RQ after this update corrections. Those RQ will amended with next update.
  • RobGripesRobGripes Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TD42792 said:
    ML63 handling buff is the only enormous mistake I could find: why?
    Really does not make sense that it becomes much better than the newer GLE63s.

"Changed 0-60 from 4.5 to 4.2 seconds. 
    Changed 0-100 from 11.4 to 9.8 seconds.  
    Changed handling from 70 to 76. 
    Changed year from 2016 to 2012.  "

Compared to the GLE63s which is the updated much newer car:
    0-60: 4.0 (ok)
    Handling: 71 (Why does the ML63 have 76????)
    GLE 63 S correction has been noted and is with Hutch

Please, please, please. NO Merc or German offroad events that go towards a CF or a prize car PLEASE! We can't have a messed up hierarchy that affects important events.

Let's save those for after the hierarchy is fixed. The GL63S already has incorrect acceleration times and now the handling is not a match for a lesser model.

• CWRulesCWRules Posts: 5
    VW ID.R gets a handling buff, but it's still on the wrong tires. Do these look 'All-Surface' to you?
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 7,247 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • TopDrives40778TopDrives40778 Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭✭✭
    CWRules said:
    VW ID.R gets a handling buff, but it's still on the wrong tires. Do these look 'All-Surface' to you?

edited August 15
    RobGripes said:
    Please, please, please. NO Merc or German offroad events that go towards a CF or a prize car PLEASE! We can't have a messed up hierarchy that affects important events.

Let's save those for after the hierarchy is fixed. The GL63S already has incorrect acceleration times and now the handling is not a match for a lesser model.
    Sorry, but no, we're not doing that. We've made 400+ corrections. This means that more cars are closer to reality than they were before. We can't take multiple steps forward in accuracy only for the reaction to be 'well don't run certain events until the rest of the cars of that type change'. If that's the case, making corrections hurts our ability to run events... and is an argument in favour of not making changes at all.

I'm happy to make corrections, while balancing that against the disruptive nature of changes. There are some disruptive changes in this update - but relatively speaking, things are less severe than they could have been. I agree that we want a logical heirarchy - that concern is valid. I'm happy to embrace that as a goal of this process. I also agree that we don't want cars flipping rarities at high levels. This is what the community has been relatively in agreement. It's too disruptive. You'll notice there's a big lack of that compared in previous releases. These two ideas mean there are conflicts, where we want to change a car, but where it's too disruptive to do so.

Here's a rough order of priorities: the game running as normal > stability in rarity > accuracy > hierarchy. An off hierarchy is not the tail that gets to wag the dog of the events we run.

There's a thread discussing options elsewhere on the forum. The best idea is replicating what we did in the past with the Dodge Durango SRT (2018): replacing name and photo to a car the stats more closely resemble. The only reason we have not pursued this more frequently is because of the level of work involved. However, as we have fewer other corrections left, and as we have a number of cases that meet this criteria, it's of higher salience and we can probably batch the work together to make it more efficient. I'm happy to increase the priority on this to solve issues where corrections haven't been made because they are too disruptive, to ensure that more cars in-game match a car in real life without shifting the rarity of very rare cars players currently own.
  • evilprofesseurevilprofesseur Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Before things get too negative...
    Sure, some things weren't exactly done as they should or as we have expected but the massive corrections list is in general a step forward. As I understand both this and the future releases won't assume that Evo data is good enough to not be checked so we should have much less issues.

I like the qol updates added, glad you didn't concentrate on a single country as it'll show more flexibility in event creation, especially if I understand the 'rest of the world' part correctly.

From what I gather, however, you weren't aware that some cars didn't move to a different rarity even though they should? That part makes no sense to me.

We'll see how it goes. I'm cautiously optimistic.