Monthly challenge, Arc 4 - August

Hutch_GsearchHutch_Gsearch Posts: 2,581 admin
edited August 21 in General Discussion

Monthly challenge, Arc 4 - August

The monthly challenges consist of a weekday challenge to award a ‘ticket’ prize car (common or uncommon), followed by a weekend challenge gated by these ticket prize cars and a 'mystery manufacturer' requirement. Three months make one arc, and the final weekend challenge of an arc awards a prize car.

Arc 4 August qualifier:

Sunday 23rd August - Friday 28th August

Win your second RQ10 1969 Alfa Romeo Spider (S1)!

Arc 4 August Spider (S1) owners’ challenge:

Friday 28th August - Sunday 30th August

Spider (S1) owners can enter this special weekend challenge. The weekend challenge will require cars from one particular manufacturer. Sara has a hint for what it is.

Beat the qualifier challenge to win a 1969 Alfa Romeo Spider (S1), NOT AVAILABLE FROM PACKS. This will grant access to the weekend challenge, which will award a Ceramic, a Carbon Fiber 7 Slots - and a bonus Ceramic for players with the strongest garages. Details below.

Arc 4 August Spider (S1) owners’ challenge, requirements and prizes:

Zone 1: 1x 1969 Alfa Romeo Spider (S1), win 3k cash

Zone 2: 1x mystery manufacturer, win a Ceramic pack

Zone 3: 2x 1969 Alfa Romeo Spider (S1), win 6k cash

Zone 4: 2x mystery manufacturer, win a Carbon Fiber pack

Zone 5: 1x 1979 VW Type 2, win 12k cash

Zone 6: 3x mystery manufacturer, win 7 slots

Zone 7: Bonus expert round: ???, win 15k cash

Zone 8: Bonus expert round: 4x mystery manufacturer, win a Ceramic

Additional notes:

Previously we awarded 0 slots in the first month of an arc, and 10 slots in the 2nd and 3rd months of an arc for a total of 20 per arc. We’re now awarding 5, 7 and 8 slots in the 1st, 2nd and 3rd months of an arc respectively, so the total available remains 20.

The Spider (S1) is awarded on the penultimate round of the weekday challenge so players don’t forget to claim it before the end.

These monthly challenges are designed to reward committed players, so once you have completed challenges in three arcs in a row, the prize cars you collected will qualify you for weekend challenges to win a Carbon Fiber every month, and prize cars at the end of each arc.

For example:

To win the prize car from Arc 4, you’ll need at least 2 of the ticket prize cars from Arcs 3 and 2

To win the prize car from Arc 5, you’ll need at least 2 of the ticket prize cars from Arcs 4 and 3

… and so on.

Speaking of prizes…

Next prize cars

The following prize cars will be awarded in the upcoming monthly weekend challenges:

Arc 4, concluding September 2020: RQ45 C 1981 Porsche 924 Carrera GTS

Arc 5, concluding December 2020: RQ51 B 2016 DS 3 Performance

Arc 6, concluding March 2021: RQ83 S 2016 KTM X-Bow GT4

Post edited by Hutch_Gsearch on

Comments

• AslanVAslanV Posts: 710 ✭✭✭
    So we are winning back a S !

I really enjoy this challenge anyway !
  • REALAISREALAIS Posts: 905 ✭✭✭✭
    Prepare your Lotus.
  • alpashkalpashk Posts: 80 ✭✭✭
    Is there any way that we could get a European Revolution CF and a Ceramic as a part of weekend challenge instead of the usual CF and ceramic? I think it would be a great opportunity for everyone to pull something semi-useful from a very top-heavy update

• lemmings99olemmings99o Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭✭✭
    alpashk said:
    Is there any way that we could get a European Revolution CF and a Ceramic as a part of weekend challenge instead of the usual CF and ceramic? I think it would be a great opportunity for everyone to pull something semi-useful from a very top-heavy update

Yeah but if they did that people would have less need to spend money to buy packs, and they can't be having that. Getting people to buy stuff is priority number 1 as shown by them running a ER tri-series even with all the current UI bugs.
  • hajduk_fanhajduk_fan Posts: 425 ✭✭✭
    Or decent pull from that free pack could encourage people to buy CFs.

Basically if i don't pull at least an epic before finals start, there's no need for me to buy CFs because i've seen people who pulled leggies and already maxed some leggies and epics.

Bit if they gave us free pack and i pulled epic, it would be diffrent story.
  • evilprofesseurevilprofesseur Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 22
    I hate to be the devil's advocate here but a single free cf will give 2.5% of the whole playerbase a shiny new legend and I'll be the first to complain about increased droprates for newbies seeing all those koenigseggs while I'm sporting a new rq52 donkey
    Post edited by Hutch_Gsearch on
    edited August 22

Basically if i don't pull at least an epic before finals start, there's no need for me to buy CFs because i've seen people who pulled leggies and already maxed some leggies and epics.

It works for you. But players like you are in minority for something like that to Hutch think about.

Small offtopic

I know someone who quit game recently, then sold all cars at update, cashing in 50M, spent that all on Ceramics, kept all ER cars he got, and now he has like 2 maxed leggies and 5+ maxed Epics.
    That profile is not good for anything else, but very easily will get Prize car.
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 7,247 ✭✭✭✭✭
    REALAIS said:

It works for you. But players like you are in minority for something like that to Hutch think about.

Small offtopic

I know someone who quit game recently, then sold all cars at update, cashing in 50M, spent that all on Ceramics, kept all ER cars he got, and now he has like 2 maxed leggies and 5+ maxed Epics.
    And Brannon Ray is planning on using that hand to win the prize car, then sell it, just to **** someone off.  Great guy there.
    HeissRod said:
    REALAIS said:

Small offtopic

And Brannon Ray is planning on using that hand to win the prize car, then sell it, just to **** someone off.  Great guy there.
    I'm jealous. My garage can be sold only for 35m xD
  • TopDrives40778TopDrives40778 Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This Brannon Ray guy sounds like an ignorant petulant child.  Denying someone else a prize car just to turn around and sell it is next level kind of meanness.
  • TopDrives40778TopDrives40778 Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully he lands in a bracket with a bunch of whales that deny him the prize car.
    Hopefully he lands in a bracket with a bunch of whales that deny him the prize car.

ie you ?

I should calculate the value of my garage Oo

And I pulled an Epic ... a RQ75 Volvo all... Not sure if usefull or not ...

But I have succeed to max the most powerful B Donkervoort and C Peugeot..
    edited August 29
    Hello, what about the random 402 in the middle ?

already have it maxed as I find it cool, but ... why ?
    Post edited by AslanV on
    edited August 29
    AslanV said:

Just tune another one as 996, and you will have at this moment best RQ10 1/4m beast xD
    Post edited by REALAIS on
  • vossixvossix Posts: 529 ✭✭✭✭
    AslanV said:

You need a Peugeot for round 19-21. With a RQ limit from 100.
    edited August 29
    REALAIS said:
    AslanV said:

Just tune another one as 996, and yoy will have at this moment best RQ10 1/4m beast xD

Even the Lancia RQ10 ?

Thanks for the confirmation vossix!
  • O__VERO__VER Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another dumb challenge that relies on you having one specific car? As far as I can tell, you need the red RQ28 406 Coupe to beat the Maserati on round 19.

I've boiled my hand down to minimum wins against all the other four cars so I can fit up to RQ39 against that Maserati, but only that RQ28 will do it.
    Are you using the Dal'mart that you won earlier?
    HeissRod said:
    Are you using the Dal'mart that you won earlier?
    Yeah. Was stuck since yesterday but I've finally done it just now. For reference this is what won:

Didn't have to even put a tune into the RQ41 to win it. It's just most lower Peugeots are unrealistically ****.
  • Blue2moroBlue2moro Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Round 19 was a pain that I failed twice, but did manage to pass it with this without needing to use any C/Ds. So another option if people are stuck.

@O__VER If you didn't like 19 you're going to hate 20 with a 996 Dal'Mart.
    edited August 29
    Lol and looks like I'm out on the next round. Unless that Dal'mart somehow wins one of them.

EDIT: Yeah, 996 Dal'mart means it's impossible. FFS.
  • Blue2moroBlue2moro Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    O__VER said:
    Lol and looks like I'm out on the next round. Unless that Dal'mart somehow wins one of them.
    969 wins the loop, I've been told 996 loses.
    Blue2moro said:
    O__VER said:
    969 wins the loop, I've been told 996 loses.
    Yep. So while I was wrong about round 19 requiring that red Peugeot, round 20 requires you to have tuned your Dal'mart a particular way. 🙄
  • bobdylanbobdylan Posts: 3,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The arc .... is it a way to punish the casual player whome comes and goes plays for a few weeks has a few weeks off ? 

Or a way to reward those who play constantly? 
    If I’m remembering correctly, this is what I used for round 20, in this order.

edited August 29
    bobdylan said:
    The arc .... is it a way to punish the casual player whome comes and goes plays for a few weeks has a few weeks off ? 

Or a way to reward those who play constantly? 
    Off topic, have you checked your PMs?  Sent you one on Caterhams about a week ago.
    Never check my pms .... not even sure where they are 😆
    bobdylan said:
    Never check my pms .... not even sure where they are 😆
    You on mobile or desktop?
    found it 
  • rei348rei348 Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭✭
    Blue2moro said:
    Round 19 was a pain that I failed twice, but did manage to pass it with this without needing to use any C/Ds. So another option if people are stuck.

@O__VER If you didn't like 19 you're going to hate 20 with a 996 Dal'Mart.
    Also rq24 106 rallye (s1) tuned 969 wins against maserati, by 0:01 :smile:
    So you need one dal'mart tuned 996 for round 19 and one 969 for round 20?