Thank you Hutch! RARE EVENT x5

those are the blue cars right?! I'm excited :) this is going to be fun for everyone.. my all-time favorite car the one I cannot get rid of is my 9rq Subaru Leone!! Hope you guys didn't get rid of your blues!!

lets do this. Should be an awesome fun event

Comments

• CharliePrinceCharliePrince Posts: 106 ✭✭
    I can just see everyone scrambling to build up their Rare cars :) thank god I kept my max Civic and Subaru Leone!! Can't wait for this event to start to see what everyone's lineups are.. do people even have blue cars or am I the only one who holds on to them? :smiley:
  • benbqbenbq Posts: 590 ✭✭✭✭
    Yaaaassss!!! The rare event is gonna be spectacular!! Hutch ftw listening to the players! This kind of event is what this game is all about!
    benbq said:
    Yaaaassss!!! The rare event is gonna be spectacular!! Hutch ftw listening to the players! This kind of event is what this game is all about!
    I'm excited :) I'm just glad I'm ahead of the curve a little since I never got rid of my blue cars.. so I'm ready for this
  • MasterRacerMasterRacer Posts: 58
    Got some meh cars for this one. Although the Audi and the Subaru will be fast ( subaru is awd plus standard tyres)
    Got some meh cars for this one. Although the Audi and the Subaru will be fast ( subaru is awd plus standard tyres)
    You have time.. I'm telling you now.. those Volvos are monsters. I had the yellow, kept the red, am building it up now to get ready for the event

i heard stories about that yellow volvo wagon though..
    Also another reason this event is so much fun is it gives more edge to the players who aren't passed Monaco yet :) they'll have more resources to use upgrading their blues.. I gotta go back and farm finish my campaign now getting my roster ready for this. Thank god I only need to build 3 more blues and I got my 5 car team
  • CamaroCamaro Posts: 209 ✭✭✭
    I dont have rare cars TvT
    Camaro said:
    Everyone's so focused on getting the best cars I feel your pain.. and it's not just people not ha omg enough rare cars but to UPGRADE those rare cars require Green and Blue cars!! So yes.. this will be a very fun event :)

personally.. I'm about to do something I swore I'd never do :( this car has served me well on the campaign because it only costs 9rq and destroys even Epic car matchups in the proper course (car parks for example it never loses)

but I'm low on resources and need the cash to upgrade :( goodbye my Leone..

• MasterRacerMasterRacer Posts: 58
    TBH RQ doesn't matter to us anymore because my RQ is 89 and I can use any car I wan.
  • Sen1orSen1or Posts: 39
    CharliePrince, give me watch your cars)

it s okay for event!?
    The max RQ for blue is 12 :) so really 60rq is all you need. The problem is the higher the player/further in the game they are, the less blues/greens/resources they have! I'm fortunate I kept my blue cars so I'm ready for this event. Gunning for top 1-2 again most definitely 
    To help people out here are some Blues everyone has had already .. whether or not you still have them is the question but these cars would be prime for this event 
    For drag races.. you cannot find a blue car better than the Muscle Cars of the USA. If you have these cars.. max them out now because it's unbeatable in drag races. 

The El Camino in particular is a beast that destroys higher ranked cars in a straight line. Soon as you see drag race immediately think of playing these bad boys and you almost always will win
    For Lotus 135 type events (slalom, twisty, kart, etc) the Honda's are tough to beat.. keep in mind I used my Honda Civic (yes, a civic! To "beat" the final Monaco 10 race.. 

If if you have these cars, max them up and don't be shy about using them during this unique limited event
    Lastly.. bmw's are great in any rank specially in Blue form. The old M3 in particular Ian an underrated performer.. take it against anyone on any course and you will challenge.. bmw's are specially amazing in city courses. 

Of course if the event has courses for 4wd, use the 4wd but regardless.. this event to me, who has lived by using blue cars and winning in places I shouldn't, is going to be fun 
    The max RQ for blue is 12 :) so really 60rq is all you need. The problem is the higher the player/further in the game they are, the less blues/greens/resources they have! I'm fortunate I kept my blue cars so I'm ready for this event. Gunning for top 1-2 again most definitely 
    thanks friend, i will work on this
  • MettitiMettiti Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Camaro said:
    Same bro ....same
  • MettitiMettiti Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So everybody ... Which set of 5 rare cars are you going to use ?
    I'm quite interested to know....
  • CamaroCamaro Posts: 209 ✭✭✭
    maybe I will find 5 same cars haha
    Mettiti said:
    So everybody ... Which set of 5 rare cars are you going to use ?
    I'm quite interested to know....
    Depends what kind of courses we get but for me pretty much El Camino, BMW m3, Honda Civic type r, maybe the BMW 330? If I get it maxxed and whatever else I can get maxxed.. so I got 3 for sures and need 2 more maxxed
    Exius said:
    It would be great event. I think leaderboard will be pretty even with minimal gaps 'cause rare cars are pretty easy/cheap to get so they are  available for almost everybody. That's where individual skill and tactical thinking comes to the first place. Good luck to everybody!
    Completely agreed. I think it's going to be crazy

this event isn't something that you see the top guy and you know you just cannot match him so he can sit at the top unchallenged. To win this event.. one must be active as well as what you said: know their cars and it's performance in different courses

definitely individual skill and tactical strategies come into play
  • KatiKati Posts: 89 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Sweet and sour. I collect cards (cars) in this game that i like but maybe dont use since i have 124RQ. Hense i have 12 rare cars, but alas only 1 is upgraded for the 80s event. Gonna enter stock and hope for the best. Heyyyyy perhaps that'll be a future event? Stock cars with no upgrades? Ohhhhhh hahaha
    Kati said:
    Sweet and sour. I collect cards (cars) in this game that i like but maybe dont use since i have 124RQ. Hense i have 12 rare cars, but alas only 1 is upgraded for the 80s event. Gonna enter stock and hope for the best. Heyyyyy perhaps that'll be a future event? Stock cars with no upgrades? Ohhhhhh hahaha
    A lot of people will be entering stock :) jay the resources needed to max 5 rares is as bad as maxing top cars!!

personally I'm fortunate I held on to 3 maxxed blue cars so I am definitely gunning for top 1-2 
  • TinyFordTinyFord Posts: 197 ✭✭✭
    @CharliePrince how many trophies do you have? Because you are looking forward to this event and I'd love to actually get a chance to race you and see your hand
    Camaro said:
    Don't you win rare cars from winning multiplayer races anymore?
    TinyFord said:
    @CharliePrince how many trophies do you have? Because you are looking forward to this event and I'd love to actually get a chance to race you and see your hand
    I'm sitting at 4962 trophies .. but it'll go up cuz I'm 1-2 at Germany event. Hopefully I race you.. your name in game tinyford as well? I matched up against Kati and got destroyed .. lol I don't have max RQ yet gotta finish farming campaign. Only at 109 RQ 
  • KatiKati Posts: 89 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Ha at the start of the 2seater event i was 5-0 with 117points, watching the next 5 minutes one specific player raced my ghost 10 times (obviously 5 free, 5 paid tickets) and then i was 5-10 for -125 total. Haha oh well.

For events, you can get rewarded (cars, rq, cash) for grinding, yet lose overall position against inactive players. Its common to see results of 63-20 being ranked lower than someone 7-11. Meh. 
    Okay no you're way too high for me at the moment. I just cracked 3000 after dropping to like 300 because I started playing multiplayer WAAAY too early and lost almost every match in the hope of winning some. But I'm also gonna go up by quite a bit today so we'll miss each other on this match but when another rare race comes along I'll see you for sure. 

Because I started racing MP so early on in the game I'm at 118RQ, but wasted money on bad cars back then and now I don't have enough money for new packs but so it goes. Slow and steady climb