The first Top Drives update! 16/10/2017

Hutch_BradHutch_Brad Posts: 77 Wrenchman
edited October 2017 in News & Announcements
Hi everyone!

The first Top Drives update is now live on iOS and Android! Here's what's new:

- Suzuki is coming to Top Drives! Hot hatches, off-roaders and the completely crazy Pikes Peak XL7 - a strong contender for 'fastest car in the game'.
- Put your cars through their paces in a brand new Tokyo environment.
- Changes to multiplayer events mean you now get to choose your opponent. Don't fancy your chances? Then simply skip to the next challenger.
- Opponent score change now shown on the end-of-race leaderboard (events).
- Prize tier cards and cards in the opponent hand can now be tapped to show card info.
- Cars now ordered by RQ (Ascending) in the carousel of cars available to fuse. 
- One car has changed rarity. The 'Volvo XC-90 T8 Twin Engine' (2016) (RQ24) has changed from a Ultra-Rare to an Epic.

There are also a number of bug fixes and general improvements in this update. Including:

- Fix for too many races being deducted from cars when quitting event matches.
- Fix for the cost of slots being cut off in certain languages.
- Serious Car collector achievement implemented (collect 100 cars).
- Fix for the player being able to spam pack opening and open multiple packs at once.
- Fixed a bug that meant players could get into event screens ahead of their start date/time. 
- Fixed a bug where event prizes will be shown as the wrong tier (epic / super rare).
- Fixed a bug that prevented unique saved hands from being stored.
- Fixed a bug that awards / subtracts points when two players draw in an event match. Now neither players win or lose points.
- Fixed a bug where filters would occasionally not display all cars of a set type.
- Hitbox for Skip button has been made larger.

Thanks for all the feedback on the game - please keep it coming! We've got some big new features coming this year and also some very exciting new manufacturers joining the line up - check out our Facebook page or forums to keep up to date! :)

Post edited by Hutch_Brad on

Comments

• LukasWilliamsLukasWilliams Posts: 174 ✭✭✭
    Cool. And the drop rates from Carbon packs? Still the same or better?
  • PichaiPichai Posts: 212 ✭✭✭
    Just purchased and it doesn’t look like the drop rates have increased 
  • nipan_TopDrivesnipan_TopDrives Posts: 246 ✭✭✭
    let me add one more update that i have noticed that is fusion. now all the available car for fusing are arranged in ascending order of rq. that is really good as you don't have to swipe around searching your car...
  • KowpadKowpad Posts: 169 ✭✭✭
    Agreed, and keep doubles together so that you know which car to feed.
  • samagoichisamagoichi Posts: 852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone!

What is this? I have 111 different cars and got nothing or i don't see the achievment maybe?
  • AymericRacingAymericRacing Posts: 14
    edited October 2017
    Hello, I found that this update does not change much (besides improvements and bug fixes) In addition, I looked at this page    https://itunes.apple.com/fr/app/top-drives/id1069370674?mt=8  I do not have the environment of Tokyo, Japan. Well I have the game under Android but good ...
  • ExoExo Posts: 106 ✭✭
    Great
    Answer?  :'(
  • ForFunForFun Posts: 70
    Where is the Tokyo location supposed to be?
    ForFun said:
    Me too I have the problem! Why?! I'm on Android
  • Hutch_IanHutch_Ian Posts: 234 Wrenchman
    ForFun said:
    Me too I have the problem! Why?! I'm on Android
    We're saving it for some Events :smile:
  • Potato_potatoPotato_potato Posts: 50
    Than I’m sure you have to start collecting Japanese cars :smiley:
  • BaZziBaZzi Posts: 386 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    What about the huge nerfing on Huayra without notification? Why don't put it on the list? Small nerf are welcome to keep the balance but you make it to become a stupid car right now. Showing stats is nothing in game anymore since they just secretly do it behind on purpose. Please other players check.

Upper: 2.3/2.3/1.3 Huayra before update showing stat of 230/2.8/96 took 24.50 second on 1 mile dragging.
    Lower: max/max/2.3 Huayra after update showing stat of 231/2.7/99 took 25.53 second on the same race, thank you Hutch, well done, quite reliable game. (Before update Huayra record can make 24.10 second at this full upgrades)

And yeah No change for others, McLaren 12C with max/2.3/2.3 took 25.40 second on 1mile draging. McLaren 650s with 2.3/2.3/max took 24.80 second on 1mile dragging. Wow!! 12C without full upgrading can win against maxed Huayra. Perfect nerf!
    Post edited by BaZzi on
  • Hutch_BradHutch_Brad Posts: 77 Wrenchman
    Hi everyone!

What is this? I have 111 different cars and got nothing or i don't see the achievment maybe?
    We fixed this achievement - but unfortunately we aren't able to make it trigger retroactively

Brad
  • KowpadKowpad Posts: 169 ✭✭✭
    I have almost 300 cars and didn't get anything either.  
  • godzillagodzilla Posts: 36 ✭✭
    Since the update my victory points don’t change with wins or losses.  I’m stuck at 832 and so far won 9 and lost 9.  Now I can’t even play the other event that has a starting requirement of 1500.  This “the rich get richer and the poor get poorer” system really sucks.  The gap is already really hard to breach with no more single player games, now guys who were ahead get to play in twice as many events per day.  Why is my victory points not changing?.
  • DanielbetuDanielbetu Posts: 62 ✭✭
    Excellent update !!

Congratulations!!!

A beautiful and great job !! 

And with all the expectation of future updates !!! 

A million thanks Hutch design team !!!
  • DanielbetuDanielbetu Posts: 62 ✭✭
    Godzilla, you should write an email to the game support, that's what I suppose
    edited October 2017
    or Are the victory points only added and subtracted at the end of an event and not after every race?
    Post edited by godzilla on
    Btw, when I say victory points I mean trophies... sorry I used the wrong term.
  • Behnam11Behnam11 Posts: 7
    i am on IOS. i can find the update but it does not work, i click on it and it just going in a circle but nothing happens. I know that my connection isn't the problem cause i tried download it with 4G? anyone help.

• evilmage34evilmage34 Posts: 124 ✭✭✭
    godzilla said:
    or Are the victory points only added and subtracted at the end of an event and not after every race?
    That is exactly how it works
  • Blaire3Blaire3 Posts: 13
    Behnam11 said:
    i am on IOS. i can find the update but it does not work, i click on it and it just going in a circle but nothing happens. I know that my connection isn't the problem cause i tried download it with 4G? anyone help.

Restart the phone, it is happening to me very often since the iOS 11 update 
  • Behnam11Behnam11 Posts: 7
    Blaire3 said:
    Behnam11 said:

Restart the phone, it is happening to me very often since the iOS 11 update 
    thanks
  • KanekiKaneki Posts: 68
    At the end of the third suzuki event, first prize its Escudo Pikes?  B):D
  • LukasWilliamsLukasWilliams Posts: 174 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Kaneki said:
    Apparently yes, as Demorphic hinted  :) 
  • ForFunForFun Posts: 70
    edited October 2017
    Kaneki said:
    Who will get that price? I will not win because I has been left behind three times as packs went out and then was withdrawn. The Audi’s, BMW A class and so on will win. I am done with this game.