Italy BMW M3 reward

Hutch_DemorphicHutch_Demorphic Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi guys,

In the last release we changed the reward car that you receive for beating Filberto, the final boss in the Italy campaign.

The B Class BMW M3 2001 was changed to an A Class BMW M3 2008.

The main reason for the change being that the car you received did not match the car shown in the boss panel. It's also part of the continued process of optimising the main campaign for new players, which is an ongoing process.

New players beating the Italy campaign boss will get the updated car. Unfortunately it has not been possible to effectively and fairly change this car for players who have already completed the Italy campaign.

To divert briefly into some of our thinking around the game meta. We want Top Drives to be a game for the long-term. We are investing time and resources to create new content and also rebalance existing content. There will be times when the current campaign may need to be changed. There may also be times when we need to rebalance legendary cars in the game when performance data doesn’t match real world data as closely as we would like.

When possible, we will endeavour to give you as much notice as possible around these changes, and also openly discuss changes in advance, when appropriate.

We realise the Italy M3 reward change is frustrating for a number of players. We will be giving out a free ceramic pack to all players as a thanks for your patience as we continue to improve and develop Top Drives.

Please feel free to discuss!

Comments

• benbqbenbq Posts: 590 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the update, glad you all are focusing on making this game go long term. Do you have any plans for increasing the workforce of folks that work on top drives?
  • mikesmikes Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks. Works for me. I think it's important to re-balance the game when needed as this is a long-haul game. Kudos on fixing any perceived errors and if they affect us die-hard palyer.  I appreciate the gesture of good-will.
  • SleekSleek Posts: 142 ✭✭✭
    Thank you for doing something about it. It may not be what we all wanted but I appreciate that the issue was finally officially and publicly addressed and then compensated. Also similar topic the WRX from the Japan(Tokyo) Boss is also mismatched as you get the 2014 model instead of 2010 though this one is beneficial I suppose. Not actually sure how much better the 2014 one is as the only immediate difference seems to be 1mph higher top speed. 
  • Hutch_GsearchHutch_Gsearch Posts: 2,581 admin
    That is above and beyond what I would expect.  Thank you.
  • BilalRafiqBilalRafiq Posts: 68 ✭✭
    opened my free ceramic pack and got this... really?
  • BilalRafiqBilalRafiq Posts: 68 ✭✭
  • ITS_WOLFITS_WOLF Posts: 158 ✭✭✭
    I never even got one, Rip
  • SntgSntg Posts: 71 ✭✭
    ITS_WOLF said:
    I never even got one, Rip
    Exactly lol
  • AerAer Posts: 56
    Have u guys received the free ceramic pack already?
    Hey... at least I have a Suzuki now.  Thanks for the free pack.  Much appreciated.
    I like how everyone is making it sound like a ceramic pack is being positioned against an A class car.

We all received a B class car. So now we have received a B class and a ceramic pack against an A class car.

Would I rather have had an A class from the start? yes. But it's not nearly as lop-sided as people are making it sound.
  • ITS_WOLFITS_WOLF Posts: 158 ✭✭✭

Got it but went bust
    edited October 2017
    Hey... at least I have a Suzuki now.  Thanks for the free pack.  Much appreciated.
    Isn't a Ceramic pack worth $32500?
    Gsearch said:
    Isn't a Ceramic pack worth $32500?
    It is. And I got a B class BMW so it's ironic I now got two B class BMWs out of this deal.
  • wheat0rwheat0r Posts: 561 ✭✭✭✭
    I have opened that free pack, so I will shut the fk up.  :p
    Hey, GREAT NEWS...They have increase the amount of pay out for the Lottery!!  The only problem is that previous whiners, uhh winners, are demanding that they be given the rewarded amount that the new winners get.  It'll be tied up in court for years...  lol.
  • NumarNumar Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭✭✭
    wheat0r said:
    I have opened that free pack, so I will shut the fk up.  :p
    That's the purpuse... so let shut the fk up all together
  • BadgerBadger Posts: 86
    Could be better but not too shabby. (I do side with those saying an A class new bmw M3 would be better.)
  • wheat0rwheat0r Posts: 561 ✭✭✭✭
    Badger said:
    Could be better but not too shabby. (I do side with those saying an A class new bmw M3 would be better.)
    But M1 1978 is a good car

in a super rare event.