Strategy Discussion

Snow Big Air with APC is impossible

nerwinnerwin Member Posts: 4
I dont know how many times I have tried and tried and always run out fuel around 940m. Every single time! The APC is maxed out too! 

Is this a glitch? Or is it actually possible? 

Has anyone even completed it yet? If so, can you share your strategy? 

Thanks. 

Comments

• SgtNukerSgtNuker Member Posts: 21
    When you say "the APC is maxed out", which level APC are you referring to? Base, GT, or SX1?
  • Hutch_MattHutch_Matt Administrator, Hutch Staff Posts: 294 admin
    It is definitely possible, I've done it myself.  The whole run basically comes down the big peak immediately before the jump over (or into the 3 lumps).  If you keep that smooth and get the best possible run up to that jump you should clear it, or clip and bounce over the third of the lumps, and then have enough fuel for the rest of the run.  I needed to have a fully upgraded APC to do it, just standard though not GT or SX.
  • DAVEX9DAVEX9 Member Posts: 5
    edited August 2016
    1007m and you thought you had it bad. That's nose on the finish line and I just can't better it. I haven't had a clean run without getting too much air on approach to the above mentioned though. 
    Probably a silly question, BUT, how is the rate at which fuel is used calculated? Is it based on how upgraded the engine is or time spent in the air?

I ask because I was in my fully uprated APC GT and the base I'm racing against (one of the Hutch Staff members) beats me. I was ahead by half a length near the fall away stairs at the end and I run out of fuel. SUPER frustrating.
  • DAVEX9DAVEX9 Member Posts: 5
    Finally!!! I did it!!! Barely, but it is done. 
      My best guess on fuel is that it is based on time. Itappears that it runs out at the same rate whether you sit still,coast or hammer the gas. I didn't pull out a stopwatch though so i might be wrong.
    Like you Dave, I finally beat this level. It took going back and forth between my APC and APC GT to get the best run. Finished the run in my APC GT in 1:13. 
    SgtNuker said:
    Probably a silly question, BUT, how is the rate at which fuel is used calculated? Is it based on how upgraded the engine is or time spent in the air?

I ask because I was in my fully uprated APC GT and the base I'm racing against (one of the Hutch Staff members) beats me. I was ahead by half a length near the fall away stairs at the end and I run out of fuel. SUPER frustrating.
    It is a constant rate no matter which vehicle you are in or how upgraded their vehicle is.  It is essentially a timer, we realise this is not particularly realistic but it suits the gameplay and helps us with the balancing.
  • dubLdubL Member Posts: 4
    APC is the only one I've been able to do it with. 
    edited August 2016
    The Bouncer is a good one for that track, and the Trophy truck smashes all of these Big Air levels.  It is a beast!
  • GsearchGsearch Member, Administrator, Wrenchmen, Senior Wrenchmen Posts: 2,367 admin
    edited August 2016
    It is tough, but doable.
  • Hutch_DemorphicHutch_Demorphic Member Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A nice guide here from Casual Mobile Gaming on unlocking the Trophy Truck:

• TheButtKickerUKTheButtKickerUK Member Posts: 56
    edited August 2016
    The Bouncer is a good one for that track, and the Trophy truck smashes all of these Big Air levels.  It is a beast!

Yeah, you can get the most insane airtime with this on the Big Air levels. It's a pretty easy truck to use on these tracks. It only took me one try with a nearly fully upgraded APC (normal S variant) and made it with 1:11 if I recall.
    A nice guide here from Casual Mobile Gaming on unlocking the Trophy Truck:

If anyone read my comment above, I can help and post my upgrades for the APC that is required to complete the level in under 1:13. Screenshot coming later.
    edited August 2016

Here are my specs to beating 'Snow: Big Air' with the APC (regular S variant). If you don't have the exact same upgrades as I do here, you will not make it, unless of course you complete the level through pure luck.

Good luck getting the beast that is the Trophy Truck with my method!
  • mclmal24mclmal24 Member Posts: 1
    I follow the advice Matt and have done everything right. I must have tried it over two hundred times by now.  Under no scenario am I able to make it.  Even if a few are making it, the bar is too high for this challenge for the majority of players who want to earn their ability to advance.  It's making me not want to play the game anymore
    Did another run again to see if it still works:

I failed 6 times but on the 7th attempt, I just managed to cross the finish line just as I ran out of fuel. I used the exact same setup as I posted a couple of days ago.

The key to crossing the bridges is to keep the front wheel up to gain a small boost of speed from the 2 other wheels of the APC.
  • robw1873robw1873 Member Posts: 3
    Had enough done this level so many times can't complete with Apc so to hell with it stop playing now only one level left so bye 
  • zebkingzebking Member Posts: 1
    Just land flat on the last bump with wheels spinning and maxed out speed and grip 1.11 time
  • heavybreadheadheavybreadhead Member Posts: 1
    Guys, there comes a point when you know it's not you sucking, and the game is unreasonably difficult. I've reached that point with snow big air.

I've upgraded the APC to GT and I still can't compete this. 100 tries (no exaggeration) and it's just not possible!!!

I've watched the guides which told me what I already knew to do. I've read the stategies. But this level is just taking the ****. 'Balance?!?' it's way off!

I urge you (devs) to look at the supposed balance of this level and add in the very least one or two more second of fuel. For the masses! 
  • krunnerkrunner Member Posts: 1
    Hey guys, it's possible to finish this course, but I was only able to do it with the standard model not the GT. 
  • Hutch_TimHutch_Tim Administrator, Hutch Staff Posts: 601 admin
    I took a look at the data we've collected for this challenge.

Of those that attempt to unlock the Trophy Truck, 60% are successful.
    The successful players took an average of 67 attempts to achieve it.
    82% of successful players beat it in the standard model (not GT or SX).

In terms of upgrades
    • 96% had Speed upgraded to maximum
    • 68% had Grip upgraded to maximum
    • 41% had Stability upgraded to maximum
    • 30% had Tilt upgraded to maximum.
    The most common APC upgrade state to complete it in is 10/10/10/10.

Looking at the success rate of different upgrade states, you have as good a chance of completing it at 10/10/7/7 as you do at 10/10/10/10.

This player video gives specific technique tips using YouTube annotations (I note that annotations don't show up on mobile devices though). The trick seems to be about landing on down-slopes of all the key jumps:

• jspjspjspjspjspjsp Member Posts: 4
    This is absolutely ridiculous. Average of 67 means many people are way way way above that including me. This should be fixed immediately or support for this game will definitely decrease 
    ^besides, the only reason I created this account was because of this level
    Put it this way I've fully upgraded an APC from 10 all across the board to apc gt fully upgraded playing only this level. The developers need to fix this. I've already mentioned it to everybody I know who plays this and prompted them to delete it and not recommend it
    I don't know why I didn't do this sooner but I've already deleted this stupid game causing unsurmountable amounts of frustration due to developers lack of ability to recognise catastrophic issues in their applications and feedback from people who DOWNLOAD their apps. I question their customer engagement ability and suggest they should stick to programming things not for public use to prevent further annoyance from the general public. Work on your communication skills. Learn how to hear your customers. The only thing you can do is make a rediculous app. 
  • Hutch_DemorphicHutch_Demorphic Member Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feel your pain, I can't beat this level either.
    It's something we have been looking at for a little while.
    I believe that a new fuel can has been added close to the end of the level, in the next update.

Apologies for the frustration.
  • dhilldhill Member Posts: 18
    jspjspjsp said:
    I don't know why I didn't do this sooner but I've already deleted this stupid game causing unsurmountable amounts of frustration due to developers lack of ability to recognise catastrophic issues in their applications and feedback from people who DOWNLOAD their apps. I question their customer engagement ability and suggest they should stick to programming things not for public use to prevent further annoyance from the general public. Work on your communication skills. Learn how to hear your customers. The only thing you can do is make a rediculous app. 
    It's  completely possible. Dont be mad because they made a challenging game!. We all get frustrated running tracks just move on come back another time.
  • dhilldhill Member Posts: 18
    edited November 2016
    Had to run it again and actually  improved on my time  with the apc took me quite a few attempts kept breaking the bridge
  • GsearchGsearch Member, Administrator, Wrenchmen, Senior Wrenchmen Posts: 2,367 admin
    jspjspjsp said:
    You have got to be kidding me.   recognize, insurmountable and ridiculous.  This forum has spell check.
    This app has many challenges and that makes it fun.  Maybe they should offer a Whaaambulance vehicle for those that just want to insta-win. 

How can it be catastrophic when so many have accomplished it?  Just curious.  
    Oh, and David...  don't think I didn't notice the cheap plug on your score...  screenshot.