Skip to content

For all the questions about keeping a car or fusing it. Put them here.

Comments

• grandvachegrandvache Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have we had any hint of the theme for PL9??
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The XT5 is the second best US offroad all-surface vehicle, behind the new Denali.  I'd max it before it goes Epic.
  • Ivo_KamburovIvo_Kamburov Posts: 821 ✭✭✭✭
    Considering my Italian garage, what would be the best way to finish the Huayra? I'm thinking 996 🤔 (it's 666 rn) 

• TD42792TD42792 Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭✭✭
    greddy said:
    GT47LM said:
    Is it worth it upgrading my 000 ultra rares to max levels to prepare them for the rarity bump? The Cadillac XT5 and GMC Yukon for example. I barely use them already, or should I not level them and simply use them for food for legendaries instead? 
    Upgrade them both. If not, you will be out of every USA offroad event before it start.
    This is really bad for game balance, basically separates the player base in two camps, people play two different games basically
  • BoxtaSBoxtaS Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like I will never have an XT5 😿
  • sinnersinner Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Max a 2nd xt5? Use the 2nd Yukon as food when it goes up?
  • TD42792TD42792 Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭✭✭
    sinner said:
    Max a 2nd xt5? Use the 2nd Yukon as food when it goes up?
    My thinking around these is that they will get destroyed by the off road URs, so as f2p might as well use the extra as food when they are epic, rather than spend precious resources on maxing them and getting to use that 2nd one or twice once a year.
    Still maxing my second land rover though.
    Also, re. the yukon in particular, I would not know how to max the second one: another 969, 996 or 699??
  • RWareRWare Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would say, if you've not needed to upgrade a second thus far, you won't be in need when it's RQ23

Better to feed the Legends, I reckon
  • Blue2moroBlue2moro Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BoxtaS said:
    I'm with you there.
    Blue2moro said:
    BoxtaS said:
    I'm with you there.
    As others have said, it will be less useful when it goes up, BUT it will still be the best Cadillac off-roader, giving a huge advantage to those that already have it maxed. 

RQ movements like this one make it even harder for newer players to make progress which has got to be really bad for the game. 

Still, it could always come back down like the Evo IV
    BoxtaS said:
    Blue2moro said:
    BoxtaS said:
    I'm with you there.
    I dunno.  The QX70 went to Epic a while back and hasn't come back down.
    HeissRod said:
    BoxtaS said:
    I dunno.  The QX70 went to Epic a while back and hasn't come back down.
    That’s true, and it does still get use. I suppose when these sort of cars move up, others become more useful, like the FX, and maybe now the GMC Terrain
    I have a qx70 pulled as an epic. Cant bring myself to put a single fuse into it.
    Blue2moro said:
    I have a qx70 pulled as an epic. Cant bring myself to put a single fuse into it.
    Same goes for the GMC Gianluca Denali. Probably quite good at 969, but who has the food? I gotta Hellcat to feed! 
    Considering my Italian garage, what would be the best way to finish the Huayra? I'm thinking 996 🤔 (it's 666 rn) 

Bump lol
  • milewski1015milewski1015 Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’d like to remind everyone that the RQ-determining tool takes into account cars that will be added in the future. Yeah, there’s a fair amount of off-road cars going up in rarity, but maybe that means we’ll be seeing an influx of offroaders in PL9 - I know Jeep has been talked about before
    Blue2moro said:
    I’m still missing one of those, and don’t think I could bring myself to upgrade it as an epic knowing that plenty of people maxed it as a UR. I have a hard enough time justifying upgrading my F-Pace, let alone an RQ23

Bump lol
    What is it at now? 966? If I had one I would probably lean more towards 969 or 699 but that’s just me. 
  • evilprofesseurevilprofesseur Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blue2moro said:
    I’m still missing one of those, and don’t think I could bring myself to upgrade it as an epic knowing that plenty of people maxed it as a UR. I have a hard enough time justifying upgrading my F-Pace, let alone an RQ23
    I had a hard justifying maxing rq23 evo 4 for some final... Which then promptly fell back down, wasting 15 ultras

Bump lol
    What is it at now? 966? If I had one I would probably lean more towards 969 or 699 but that’s just me. 
    I’d build it for grip.  The 4Cs are ok, but they are about to get a 200kg weight adjustment and don’t hang with the grippy Paganis.
    HeissRod said:

Bump lol
    I’d build it for grip.  The 4Cs are ok, but they are about to get a 200kg weight adjustment and don’t hang with the grippy Paganis.
    Was my thought process as well
    Caterham seven 270. I have 2 at 969. Any use in 996 or 699 for a 3rd before they go standard tyre and move up to B?
  • RWareRWare Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blue2moro said:
    Caterham seven 270. I have 2 at 969. Any use in 996 or 699 for a 3rd before they go standard tyre and move up to B?
    I have 2 at 699 and I regret doing them so. I am making a 969 one because of the upgrade. 
  • EndlessWavesEndlessWaves Posts: 824 ✭✭✭✭
    I’d like to remind everyone that the RQ-determining tool takes into account cars that will be added in the future. Yeah, there’s a fair amount of off-road cars going up in rarity, but maybe that means we’ll be seeing an influx of offroaders in PL9 - I know Jeep has been talked about before
    I'd suspect the opposite. The current off-roaders are going up because they're beating more cars - i.e. we're getting cars that are bad off-road. Notice how many of the fast cars are dropping in rarity too - VX220, Elise 111S, Elise 1.6 etc.

Maybe some sort of racing/motorsport update with lots of fast launches and slick tyres?
  • GT47LMGT47LM Posts: 424 ✭✭✭✭
    What are you guys doing to your maxed ultra rares that are dropping to super rares? Selling them for the cash or using them as food? 
    I'd suspect the opposite. The current off-roaders are going up because they're beating more cars - i.e. we're getting cars that are bad off-road. Notice how many of the fast cars are dropping in rarity too - VX220, Elise 111S, Elise 1.6 etc.

Maybe some sort of racing/motorsport update with lots of fast launches and slick tyres?
    Could go either way I guess - no way to know for sure until more PL9 details arrive.

Never said Jeep would be good off-road, just that their addition to the game has been talked about before
    RWare said:
    Blue2moro said:
    I have 2 at 699 and I regret doing them so. I am making a 969 one because of the upgrade. 
    Cant think where it would ever be useful 996 for drags so 969 for the 3rd it is then.
    edited June 2019
    GT47LM said:
    What are you guys doing to your maxed ultra rares that are dropping to super rares? Selling them for the cash or using them as food? 
    I just keep them, cause I'm too lasy to upgrade them again
    But to answer your last question, I'd use them as food