For all the questions about keeping a car or fusing it. Put them here.

Comments

• Blue2moroBlue2moro Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where do people sit on this one. I know 699 was favoured quite some time ago but I'm thinking 969, especially if the 0-60 & MRA are adjusted as per the corrections thread.

• grandvachegrandvache Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TNThomas said:
    I recently got some new cars, which out of these are must-haves to max out?

MUST HAVE'S?

The rsr is one of the very few epic cars I'd consider upgrading outside of an event. The others are all situationally very strong although I assume the BMW crt is now eclipsed by the M3 cs.  None are food.

The ultras are all good, the miray especially.  If they're your first, they're all worth upgrading.
  • rei348rei348 Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭✭
    O__VER said:
    TGPD said:
    O__VER said:
    TNThomas said:
    Thanks! Is there any car I shouldn’t tune 969 out of that list?
    RSR 699.
    AMG GT all tunes have their uses. It's a very good dragster so 996 if you don't need it for twisties.
    Miray you need both 699 and 969. 699 first.
    Raptor 969.
    The rest you could fairly safely do 699 or 969 and get away with it. I'd probably go 699 on the two Epics tbh.

I disagree with greddy about the Cayman. It used to be beaten by the Boxster but now I believe they're the same. Worth having both imo.
    Isn't Raptor 699 better for offroad?
    Lol. No.
    Used to be in the last BMW M4 GTS finals... Mine is 969 and always lost against 699 on twisty races of that event.
    But still it seems 969 is better overall...
  • O__VERO__VER Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rei348 said:
    O__VER said:
    TGPD said:
    O__VER said:
    TNThomas said:
    RSR 699.
    AMG GT all tunes have their uses. It's a very good dragster so 996 if you don't need it for twisties.
    Raptor 969.
    The rest you could fairly safely do 699 or 969 and get away with it. I'd probably go 699 on the two Epics tbh.

I disagree with greddy about the Cayman. It used to be beaten by the Boxster but now I believe they're the same. Worth having both imo.
    Lol. No.
    Used to be in the last BMW M4 GTS finals... Mine is 969 and always lost against 699 on twisty races of that event.
    Yeah I think there are one or two very specific tracks where 699 wins. But that's the same for almost any car. It would be nice if it was easy to test the difference between tunes but nobody wants to risk wasting 15 URs to upgrade an Epic wrong. 969 on the Raptor is safe.
  • David_FookDavid_Fook Posts: 2,615 ✭✭✭✭✭
    O__VER said:
    rei348 said:
    O__VER said:
    TGPD said:
    O__VER said:
    TNThomas said:
    RSR 699.
    Raptor 969.

Lol. No.
    Yeah I think there are one or two very specific tracks where 699 wins. But that's the same for almost any car. It would be nice if it was easy to test the difference between tunes but nobody wants to risk wasting 15 URs to upgrade an Epic wrong. 969 on the Raptor is safe.
    I have a 699 Raptor for testing if someone has 969
  • MoogMoog Posts: 413 ✭✭✭✭
    I have a 699 Raptor for testing if someone has 969
    I have a 969 Raptor, let me know what you want testing.
  • LeoBR99LeoBR99 Posts: 7

Hey, i have a lot of C cars and not enough garage space so i want to max out one ultra rare. My options are the lotus, trailblazer and the s 55. I read that the s 55 has 89 MRA which is pretty good, its like the 4-5th best B class car for 1/2 mile and 1 mile races, i think im going for it what do you guys think?
  • AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    LeoBR99 said:

Hey, i have a lot of C cars and not enough garage space so i want to max out one ultra rare. My options are the lotus, trailblazer and the s 55. I read that the s 55 has 89 MRA which is pretty good, its like the 4-5th best B class car for 1/2 mile and 1 mile races, i think im going for it what do you guys think?
    The s55 is a good dragger and is usuable on city streets, go 996 on it, Trailblazer at 996 is also good, the Lotus is not so important for the moment as your maxed Dezir will beat it.
    LeoBR99 said:

The s55 IS good, but the trailblazer is likely to be more important more often.  996 all the way.
  • TGPDTGPD Posts: 5,992 ✭✭✭✭✭

Anything worth upgrading?
    Already have Datsun 969, Rover 969.
    Row 1- MG
    Row 2 - everything useful, I'd focus on that 4wd bimmer though
    Row 3 - 1st 4 can be useful in certain situations but nothing to prioritise really
    I would do a 2nd datsun 969, max the suzuki if you dont have it already. bmw 4wd is ok, renault too. the rest needs not too much attention unless an event asks for it.
  • milewski1015milewski1015 Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TGPD said:

Montego and Montego Black still perform identically IIRC, so you only really need one and it’s not crucial to have by any means - the ASX is better. 

The RX-7 Turbo can be a nice RQ saver - MRA is decent, but again, not a definite must have. 

MG is great, 969 is the go-to I believe.

Mitsu Colt is meh, very situational. Maxes 6.2/92

4WD/STD BMW 969

Second Datsun 969 is a big one

Porsche and Renault are good for their RQ but again, very situational

Suzuki Rally 969

BMW M1 is like the Merc SL73 - not much MRA, really only good for test bowl. Handling isn’t high enough to warrant 969 in my opinion. 996 maxes 4.4/81

Buick is a nice STD, 89 handling, but very situational

My only Thema is still stock, maybe keep in case of a lancia event?

969 ASX, 86 handling and relatively light for an offroader
    TGPD said:

Montego and Montego Black still perform identically IIRC, so you only really need one and it’s not crucial to have by any means - the ASX is better. 

The RX-7 Turbo can be a nice RQ saver - MRA is decent, but again, not a definite must have. 

MG is great, 969 is the go-to I believe.

Mitsu Colt is meh, very situational. Maxes 6.2/92

4WD/STD BMW 969

Second Datsun 969 is a big one

Porsche and Renault are good for their RQ but again, very situational

Suzuki Rally 969

BMW M1 is like the Merc SL73 - not much MRA, really only good for test bowl. Handling isn’t high enough to warrant 969 in my opinion. 996 maxes 4.4/81

Buick is a nice STD, 89 handling, but very situational

My only Thema is still stock, maybe keep in case of a lancia event?

969 ASX, 86 handling and relatively light for an offroader
    Appreciate it. :)
  • LeoBR99LeoBR99 Posts: 7
    edited September 2019
    LeoBR99 said:

The s55 is a good dragger and is usuable on city streets, go 996 on it, Trailblazer at 996 is also good, the Lotus is not so important for the moment as your maxed Dezir will beat it.
    thanks,i maxed out both of them and they are decent for my rq brackets on the golden ctr3 event.(rq 71 and rq 100) i always win the drag and fast circuits with the benz and lose by 50 with the trailblazer on wet fast circuits which is good enough considering i wouldnt have anything else to put on its place. about to get 7.3k gold from events tomorrow, hopefully ill be able to finally get a good A class car from the rq 125 offer when i get to that level
  • Miura187Miura187 Posts: 47
    Wondering what epic to upgrade next. Thinking the Grand sport, W12, BMW M6, or BMW M2. any suggestions?
  • RWareRWare Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vette does look tastiest
    Grand Sport or wait for better cars or an event to use your food.
    TGPD said:
    Finally one of my unicorns!
    969 right
    699 was competitive last prize car event - but I would agree 969 is probably best for your first
  • 43MK443MK4 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TGPD said:
    969 right
    699 was competitive last prize car event - but I would agree 969 is probably best for your first

I had one Colorado at last event tuned 969. Pulled 2 more since then and now wondering how to max them out. Is 699 really good for this car? could make one 699 and wait with 3rd until some big event, who knows maybe 996 will be needed?

43MK4 said:
    TGPD said:
    969 right

I had one Colorado at last event tuned 969. Pulled 2 more since then and now wondering how to max them out. Is 699 really good for this car? could make one 699 and wait with 3rd until some big event, who knows maybe 996 will be needed?

On the M4 GTS Finals tracksets (all wet dirt), 699 won standing  G-force, mountain hairpin, and mountain slalom. 969 won mountain incline road and forest river crossing. They tied on the mountain hillclimb and the 1/2 mile drag, possibly the 1/4 mile drag too. It wouldn't surprise me if 699 holds its own. I'm starting to wonder if Hutch have been starting to make some subtle changes so 969 isn't so dominant in wet and offroad conditions. 
    edited September 2019
    Anyone has a 333 2005 GT? Please PM me times for 1/4, 1/2 and 1 mile times (dry asphalt)

edit: Anyone else have maxed lingenfelter? drag times as well? thanks.
    Miura187 said:
    Wondering what epic to upgrade next. Thinking the Grand sport, W12, BMW M6, or BMW M2. any suggestions?
    I wouldn't max any of those "on spec" as none are obviously "best in class" cars.

I'd happily max any number of them in the right event, but only then.

If you absolutely HAVE to, the rq26's you have are ok.
  • LEGENDNADALEGENDNADA Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭✭
    TGPD said:
    Anyone has a 333 2005 GT? Please PM me times for 1/4, 1/2 and 1 mile times (dry asphalt)

edit: Anyone else have maxed lingenfelter? drag times as well? thanks.
    I’ve the GT 636 if you need anything 
  • 43MK443MK4 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hvalen said:
    TGPD said:

Worth? I know it was rq23 but was demoted
    Supposedly its got very good mra. Seems good for 90s events :) Personally, I’d max it (had I had the cash...)
    What’s the best choice for this turbo S? 996, as the best Porsche UR dragger?
  • PashaPasha Posts: 314 ✭✭✭

996 right?
    Pasha said:

996 right?
    Yeah, but it's only use is test bowl.

996 seeing it's stellar mid-range, but 969 also seems like a good choice.
    TGPD said:

996 seeing it's stellar mid-range, but 969 also seems like a good choice.
    699 is the best tune for this one.