For all the questions about keeping a car or fusing it. Put them here.

Comments

• nathanwindnathanwind Posts: 344 ✭✭✭
    TD42792 said:
    I fused it a while ago after it spent over a year in my garage with zero races. No regrets
    Yeah, I have had it for a long time and never ever used it.
    But keeping it, for when the audi event with hill climb will come lol...
    It can actually beat quite a few ALL tyre cars on gravel or dirt hill climb, quite the (non off road) hill climb beast
    I’ve a mind to keep it for exactly this purpose too. I’m in no hurry to fuse it away so it’s locked and I’ll leave it be. 
  • thebigbadwolfthebigbadwolf Posts: 228 ✭✭✭

Should i keep the duplicates?
    I am rather hesitant to get rid of rq22 cars.

I’m like this with fusing RQ22s as well. It’s my lasting regret in my early days that I fused away the Range Rover and patrol nismo before they went up a class. I’ll never have them now and they’re key cars. Schoolboy stuff.

There was an event recently where a 323 Tamora was the better tune. If I gets Another one I’ll keep a second and go this way. It’s still one of the top ultra draggers.

I’ve fused away the countryman. No German renaissance badge limits its use, itd be a rare event where 2 of these would be useful. 

Never had the Mazda. Again, it would be a rare event where 2 of these are really useful. 

GMC is quite good. I’ve found it useful, but debatable whether 2 in an event would be helpful. Not fast enough to warrant a 332 and there is the mighty Chevrolet Colorado which eats it for breakfast on dirt.
  • thebigbadwolfthebigbadwolf Posts: 228 ✭✭✭

I’m like this with fusing RQ22s as well. It’s my lasting regret in my early days that I fused away the Range Rover and patrol nismo before they went up a class. I’ll never have them now and they’re key cars. Schoolboy stuff.

There was an event recently where a 323 Tamora was the better tune. If I gets Another one I’ll keep a second and go this way. It’s still one of the top ultra draggers.

I’ve fused away the countryman. No German renaissance badge limits its use, itd be a rare event where 2 of these would be useful. 

Never had the Mazda. Again, it would be a rare event where 2 of these are really useful. 

GMC is quite good. I’ve found it useful, but debatable whether 2 in an event would be helpful. Not fast enough to warrant a 332 and there is the mighty Chevrolet Colorado which eats it for breakfast on dirt.
    Great answer, you pretty much summed up and thus confirmed my thoughts in this. I will fuse the Mini and keep the rest. I ll tune the Mazda 233, to have an alternative ot my 323. the GMC will end up 323 but not a priority and the tamora shall collect dust until i need it.
  • adms87adms87 Posts: 426 ✭✭✭

In general I agree with you, but I would say that a second tamora should also be 996 as there are better TVRs for the twisty tracks or those tracks in between, and he already has 2 of them.
  • StreetracerStreetracer Posts: 183 ✭✭✭
    Should I keep a second Vauxhall Chevette HSR? My first one is 969. The second Chevette 969 or 699?
  • OzzmanOzzman Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 5
    Should I keep a second Vauxhall Chevette HSR? My first one is 969. The second Chevette 969 or 699?
    I think the times when a 699 rare was useful are long gone. Maybe on some of the mountain tracks, but I'd say a second 969 would see more use.
  • StreetracerStreetracer Posts: 183 ✭✭✭
    Thanks Ozzman.

The Yellow RQ21 Porsche Cayman should be tuned 699, shouldn't it?
    adms87 said:

In general I agree with you, but I would say that a second tamora should also be 996 as there are better TVRs for the twisty tracks or those tracks in between, and he already has 2 of them.
    Fair point.
  • TD42792TD42792 Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone knows if the rq22 camaro ss is best as 969 or 699?
    TD42792 said:
    Thanks for the input guys... used to be 5 answers to a question like this back in the days.
    How things have changed... not for the best
  • REALAISREALAIS Posts: 901 ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, less people are using this forum. Or less frequently.
    I would tune myself anything RQ22 high performance car as 699. 969 is tune for Slalom, hairpin usually. Not main races for Camaro SS tho.
    Yeah. I noticed this too on the number of posts in general. Classic me: always late to the party! I turn up and everyone’s got their coats on and heading for the taxi. (Taxi is 969 btw).
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 7,364 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TD42792 said:
    I have a 969, if you want times?
  • REALAISREALAIS Posts: 901 ✭✭✭✭
    I can say just for example. RQ22 BMW M6 is best in overall as 699 vs 969. 699 ties 0-100, 1/4, 1/2, and 1 mile for example. Top speed related will be 969, like 50-150 or test bowl. Almost all twisty things will dominate 699. Except Slalom.
  • milewski1015milewski1015 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TD42792 said:
    TD42792 said:
    Thanks for the input guys... used to be 5 answers to a question like this back in the days.
    How things have changed... not for the best
    Mine is 699 but who knows if that’s best after all the physics changes that have occurred since I maxed it. I haven’t used it in quite a while
  • Ernst_WomoErnst_Womo Posts: 253 ✭✭✭
    I have this interesting Fiat. At the moment it runs on 669. What upgrade is more useful? 969 or 699?

I have this interesting Fiat. At the moment it runs on 669. What upgrade is more useful? 969 or 699?

Hi Ernst. I know this doesn't answer the exact question but I have a 969 and 699 of the abarth 030 ultra and i find in general, slalom and go kart aside, the 699 wins more than the 969 - although it isn't utterly dominant. I'm sure someone will confirm it but I suspect 699 is the better tune.
    edited May 6
    HeissRod said:
    TD42792 said:
    I have a 969, if you want times?
    Thanks man, much appreciated. I’ll happily take fast circuit (dubai 5.1), twisty circuit (ny 10.1) and twisty road (tata 3.1)... and why not g force (stuttgart 4.1) for good measure.

And then @milewski1015 can provide times for 699 and we have our answer :)
    Post edited by TD42792 on
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 7,364 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weird reply, but here you go

HeissRod said:
    Weird reply, but here you go

Cool thanks. Yeah it read a bit weird, have amended it.
    I know this is an excellent car and I’ve just pulled a second one in the space of a few weeks. Now have 2 stock. I don’t normally upgrade stuff for the sake of it, but this seems a car that gets a lot of use so considering upgrading at least one of the two. Guessing 699 is best tune and how does it measure up to the 911 GTR RS green monster on the twisty stuff?

• evilprofesseurevilprofesseur Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a fair share of tracks it beats the green monster on. 699 is the way to go. Would gladly swap one of my greens for it
  • AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know this is an excellent car and I’ve just pulled a second one in the space of a few weeks. Now have 2 stock. I don’t normally upgrade stuff for the sake of it, but this seems a car that gets a lot of use so considering upgrading at least one of the two. Guessing 699 is best tune and how does it measure up to the 911 GTR RS green monster on the twisty stuff?

Qasnt todays event convincing enough :)?! Great pull, go 699. Beats the green on some tracks, but dont remember where excactly.
  • O__VERO__VER Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 6

Qasnt todays event convincing enough :)?! Great pull, go 699. Beats the green on some tracks, but dont remember where excactly.
    My 699 and 969 were beating all tunes of the green monster everywhere I tried it in the event that just ended. Not to say it wins everywhere, but I would guess it wins the majority.

Ha! There was a bitter irony to it. I've had my first one marked as a keeper and then a second arrived and i thought all that's now better me and a mega hand is 30 spare ultra rares to max these bad boys out. I did wonder how it compares to the green monster and hearing the below has convinced me to try to do something with both cars! Thanks for the advice 😃
    O__VER said:

My 699 and 969 were beating all tunes of the green monster everywhere I tried it in the event that just ended. Not to say it wins everywhere, but I would guess it wins the majority.
    Perfect. Exactly what I wanted to hear. Thanks!
    O__VER said:

Perfect. Exactly what I wanted to hear. Thanks!
    Just not twisty circuit
  • DrizztSalvatoreDrizztSalvatore Posts: 404 ✭✭✭
    i only have one RSR so which is the better tune based on previous events where it has been needed, want to have the optimum one if i have to use up my precious f2p duplicate fuse material
    edited May 7
    i only have one RSR so which is the better tune based on previous events where it has been needed, want to have the optimum one if i have to use up my precious f2p duplicate fuse material
    Yeah. It’s a tough call. Im in the same boat. I’ve been burnt recently by going 969 on my ipace and it looks like I’ve chosen badly and 699 is better. Another sub optimal fused car to go on the list.