For all the questions about keeping a car or fusing it. Put them here.

Comments

• Destroyer2k11999Destroyer2k11999 Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think that cosworth is fuse material personally
    Fuse material? Just got these from carbon fiber earlier
  • MobbiMobbi Posts: 121 ✭✭✭
    I would keep the M6, great for Citystreets, the second one maybe fuse material maybe not.
  • CometDanCometDan Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’ve taken advantage of some of the offers and have a lot of As and Bs right now. Any advice on what to keep or fuse? Thanks
    CometDan said:

I’ve taken advantage of some of the offers and have a lot of As and Bs right now. Any advice on what to keep or fuse? Thanks
    I think the cosworth, Griffith 500 and lancer evo 1 are fuse material and the A classes I'd fuse one of your WRXs, Boss 302 and Tamora
    Mobbi said:
    I would keep the M6, great for Citystreets, the second one maybe fuse material maybe not.
    I liked your post because I feel the same way, however I should show you my box so you can get a better idea of why I have questions. 

• MikeManNZMikeManNZ Posts: 214 ✭✭✭
    That CT6 is awesome on rainy city streets, even at 1.3/1.3/1.3
  • bobdylanbobdylan Posts: 3,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    been after a replacement for my long standing Elise and got this that looks promising however I also got 
    And this 
    Wondering if they will be cheeper to max out . Would them reds maxed be as good as the KTM at its 1st lvl of tuning
  • bobdylanbobdylan Posts: 3,458 ✭✭✭✭✭

My current crop of reds from splashing out on xmass carbons. Any advice or tips welcome 
  • chedichedi Posts: 488 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    @bobdylan Vauxhall, Suzuki, GLC 250d, E 430, Evo I - no need I think
  • lg29lg29 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭✭
    What do you think of my garage and what should i do with it? What should i sell, fuse, or keep?
  • Ofirm84Ofirm84 Posts: 366 ✭✭✭
    Anything worth upgrading or fusing materials?
  • HuacanachaHuacanacha Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bobdylan said:
    been after a replacement for my long standing Elise and got this that looks promising however I also got 
    And this 
    Wondering if they will be cheeper to max out . Would them reds maxed be as good as the KTM at its 1st lvl of tuning
    The KTM is a better long term investment. It also has traction control and ABS so is better than Lotuses and especially Caterhams in the wet. I’d suggest you do comparative testing (at same tune) between the KTM and Caterham on the dry tracks that matter: g-force, CSR park, karting, slalom etc. If the KTM is better all around, except maybe car park where the Caterhams tiny weight may sway it, that’s the one to go for. The Silvia won’t be competitive on those short handling tests I’m pretty sure. Good for 80s events though.

Ofirm84 said:
    Anything worth upgrading or fusing materials?
    The 730d looks great for rain with 4WD standard tires. The Cadillac CTS is a little to heavy and slow I think (I have it but much yet).

One of those B class RQ22 off roaders might be good depending on your other 4WDs.

Keep the RS2000 if you want to compete in 80s events.

I’d test the RQ26 Merc to see if you like its performance. It could be useful but I don’t know it firsthand. Plus it looks great!
  • lg29lg29 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    What should i do with this lot of cars? What should i keep, food, or sell?

• milewski1015milewski1015 Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭✭✭

What’s the verdict?
  • ppedrasppedras Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017

What’s the verdict?
    I think it’s great for the 90’s events. But w8 for other opinions. I have one also, but’s haven’t started to work on it.
    Post edited by ppedras on
  • Parimal_2000Parimal_2000 Posts: 848 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    That thing is a beast in slaloms. It beats  033 and 330 lotuses and ties with 303 . Here is my M coupe

• SnowyOwlSnowyOwl Posts: 241 ✭✭✭
    bobdylan said:
    And this 
    233 cateringham is 137 max speed 4s 0-60 and 93 grip with a weight of about 520
  • Parimal_2000Parimal_2000 Posts: 848 ✭✭✭✭
    @SnowyOwl the Caterham seven 360 definitely defeats the lotus. It defeated my lotus (330). Ask the guys who have other upgrades (303, 033 & etc.). 
    What should be the last evoluton? 303 or 033? I already have one maxed 330 but i remember that in the GB event i lost almost every race to orhers but don’t recall the tune.

• Rutger_KRutger_K Posts: 53 ✭✭
    good for slalom?
    ppedras said:
    What should be the last evoluton? 303 or 033? I already have one maxed 330 but i remember that in the GB event i lost almost every race to orhers but don’t recall the tune.
    For all cars 330 typically loses all races against 303 and often 033, except of course for the speed tests (drags, test bowl, 0-100 etc). For some cars under some road conditions 330 may pull out a slalom victory. Overall though going 330 sacrifices track performance for raw speed.
    ppedras said:
    For all cars 330 typically loses all races against 303 and often 033, except of course for the speed tests (drags, test bowl, 0-100 etc). For some cars under some road conditions 330 may pull out a slalom victory. Overall though going 330 sacrifices track performance for raw speed.
    I think I’ll go 303 on this one. 
    Rutger_K said:
    good for slalom?
    When maxed 033 does 0-60 in 3.1 and 100 grip! Faced one already.
    edited December 2017
    Last upgrade for this beast? 303 or 033? 4mph more or less 64kg? For the kind of car it is, I’m thinking 033, but like to hear other opinion based on some races done with them.

@ppedras I would likely go 033 due to diminishing returns on engine upgrades at very high power levels (based on RWD observations though so not sure about 4WD's), plus this not being a drag car except in a pinch.
  • deewoddeewod Posts: 270 ✭✭✭
    lg29 said:
    What should i do with this lot of cars? What should i keep, food, or sell?

Not much to work, even in your yellow and blue cars, to be honest. Your off-road lineup seems better than your performance lineup so I'd say, maybe work on the red Pathfinder and yellow ASX. Green ASX might be useful too. 
  • BlackBeetleBlackBeetle Posts: 38
    What about the Skyline R32? Would like to upgrade it cause I love Skylines, but is it competitive? 
  • MobbiMobbi Posts: 121 ✭✭✭
    Mobbi said:
    I liked your post because I feel the same way, however I should show you my box so you can get a better idea of why I have questions. 

Well with this kind of garage you can use the M6 as fuse material. Awesome garage.