For all the questions about keeping a car or fusing it. Put them here.

Comments

• JoppJopp Posts: 174 ✭✭✭
    330 for the Yukon is that correct tune?
  • grandvachegrandvache Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jopp said:
    I have one at 996, and it works well, but I think most people reccomend 969, which is how I shall do my second.
    Jopp said:
    I have one at 996, and it works well, but I think most people reccomend 969, which is how I shall do my second.
    Damn I forgot to use that system which I think is brilliant  I think I will do it 996 if it's not a terrible choice?
    Bear in mind I did mine like that because I ruined my first TBSS by going 699 on it.  I think most would say the first one should be 969, but your mileage may vary.
    Bear in mind I did mine like that because I ruined my first TBSS by going 699 on it.  I think most would say the first one should be 969, but your mileage may vary.
    Thought it could be good since I need a car that beats the TBSS on hillclimbs  and I have faster drag cars and slalom anyway :) 
    Guys, some help please.

I assume this needs to be 699?

This is currently my best Japanese car, I'm a bit loath to put fuses into an rq23, unless someone tells me it's got hidden talents.

Part of me thinks I should hold both of these for an eventual re-run of what I assume was a TVR event before I started playing that gave the speed 12 as a reward carIs there any consensus on which is better? Either would probably be my best ultra rare drag car.

All help appreciated!
    Guys, some help please.

This is currently my best Japanese car, I'm a bit loath to put fuses into an rq23, unless someone tells me it's got hidden talents.

Part of me thinks I should hold both of these for an eventual re-run of what I assume was a TVR event before I started playing that gave the speed 12 as a reward carIs there any consensus on which is better? Either would probably be my best ultra rare drag car.

All help appreciated!
    I had the TVR speed six fully upgraded 996, but lacks MRA if I remember correctly. 
  • DeserTDeserT Posts: 502 ✭✭✭✭
    Ofirm84 said:

I started to update and upgrade the lower end of my lot, mostly for the weekly challenges but who knows... So my question about these is: which is worth upgrading and if so how?

N.B: The Z1 is already 333 (according to the new tuning system)
    I mostly agree with @CometDan
    - Z1: 969
    - CRZ: 969
    - Mini: food
    - Nova: food
    - Smart: (many say its good in off-road or wet condition, personally I think it’s food but we can consult someone who has actually upgraded it and tested it)
    - Qashqai: 969 if you don’t have ASX, otherwise food
    - Hummer: never ever used it or tested it so no idea
    - Frontera 996 (but Blue RQ8 Ranger trumps it in Hill climbs and that’s the only usefulness I found for it)

• DjehoetieDjehoetie Posts: 237 ✭✭✭
    Guys, some help please.

All help appreciated!

I have it on 233 as well.

• AJTheCaveManAJTheCaveMan Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the new tuning system (1 upgrade = 1 point). Much improved, I'd say.
  • sinnersinner Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone maxed one of these? I'm thinking 969.

• SubaruLover04SubaruLover04 Posts: 427 ✭✭✭✭
    Worth upgrading? My other Audi's are a sq5 and a rs3 sport back 
    edited May 2018
    Worth upgrading? My other Audi's are a sq5 and a rs3 sport back 
    I wouldn't upgrade it, but equally I wouldn't use it as food for anything else.  Eventually there's going to be an Audi event!
  • bobdylanbobdylan Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    my first fast Audi at last . 
    What's it's tune ?
  • TGPDTGPD Posts: 6,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    033 (this will anger bobdylan)
  • rei348rei348 Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭✭
    DeserT said:
    Ofirm84 said:

I started to update and upgrade the lower end of my lot, mostly for the weekly challenges but who knows... So my question about these is: which is worth upgrading and if so how?

N.B: The Z1 is already 333 (according to the new tuning system)
    I mostly agree with @CometDan
    - Z1: 969
    - CRZ: 969
    - Mini: food
    - Nova: food
    - Smart: (many say its good in off-road or wet condition, personally I think it’s food but we can consult someone who has actually upgraded it and tested it)
    - Qashqai: 969 if you don’t have ASX, otherwise food
    - Hummer: never ever used it or tested it so no idea
    - Frontera 996 (but Blue RQ8 Ranger trumps it in Hill climbs and that’s the only usefulness I found for it)

Smart is going good with me tuned 969 in cities, wet, slaloms, twisty... Thanks to its weight I think is op for RQ7
  • NinjaDesignzNinjaDesignz Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How to upgrade these two?
  • ojlerouxojleroux Posts: 158 ✭✭✭
    Elise 033
    Clio V6 303

So I have and for me it's good. Clio with this upgrade is better for City, loses again Porsche (RQ18) and Megane / Focus RS in all Twisty, but wins again all other.
    Elise is very good in Slalom and Twisty, but loses again Caterham, I'd say best RQ15 for Twisty
  • DeserTDeserT Posts: 502 ✭✭✭✭
    ojleroux said:
    Elise 033
    Clio V6 303

So I have and for me it's good. Clio with this upgrade is better for City, loses again Porsche (RQ18) and Megane / Focus RS in all Twisty, but wins again all other.
    Elise is very good in Slalom and Twisty, but loses again Caterham, I'd say best RQ15 for Twisty
    This Clio is low height so no city courses 😆 but I agree otherwise with the proposed tunes. Clio V6 is an “identical” car to the RQ18 Boxster, just a bit slower. Elise is pretty good as a RQ15 - 033 is also my preferred tune for it.
    DeserT said:
    ojleroux said:
    Elise 033
    Clio V6 303

This Clio is low height so no city courses 😆 but I agree otherwise with the proposed tunes. Clio V6 is an “identical” car to the RQ18 Boxster, just a bit slower. Elise is pretty good as a RQ15 - 033 is also my preferred tune for it.
    I tuned the elise 699 (033), but I lost many races in last event against 969 (303). Probably both are good, so you can choose the tune you want and wait for a second elise to make the other one :smile:

P.S.: I like the new tunes way! More clear than previous system

• TGPDTGPD Posts: 6,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You do need to go 303 on lower end cars (preferably under 16RQ) because the engine does much more than the added weight and slightly better acceleration.
  • NinjaDesignzNinjaDesignz Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the answers everyone. I might just fuse clio because I have the Porsche 
  • Is this a good car and how should I tune it? 
    Thanks for the answers everyone. I might just fuse clio because I have the Porsche 
    Keep the clio and tune it... You will find more C class useless in future
    Is this a good car and how should I tune it? 
    Probably best C class 4wd All-surface, tune 303
  • ojlerouxojleroux Posts: 158 ✭✭✭
    DeserT said:
    ojleroux said:
    Elise 033
    Clio V6 303

Yes, you are right, my fault :D
  • David_FookDavid_Fook Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since I have no Metro to upgrade (not bitter) I thought this might be a decent off-roader to have. Is it an unbeatable hill-climber? I don’t have the regular G63. What’s the best route?

• Huskic69Huskic69 Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TD01055 said:
    Since I have no Metro to upgrade (not bitter) I thought this might be a decent off-roader to have. Is it an unbeatable hill-climber? I don’t have the regular G63. What’s the best route?

330 or 303
  • SubaruLover04SubaruLover04 Posts: 427 ✭✭✭✭
    Huskic69 said:
    TD01055 said:

330 or 303
    996 or 969*
  • milewski1015milewski1015 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    rei348 said:
    Is this a good car and how should I tune it? 
    Probably best C class 4wd All-surface, tune 303
    What about the Land Rover Evoque? Or the Volvo XC90 V8? BMW X3 xDrive28d?