General Discussion

The New Trophy System

jczerojczero Member Posts: 655 ✭✭✭✭
In case many have noticed, since Monday 12 Feb 2018, Hutch has quietly implied some changes into the game that many went unnoticed, such as the Hutch bots are all gone; off road tyres no longer have that magic power compared to all surface tyres like before in all the sand/snow terrain; but the biggest change that went unknown until the results came out, is that your TROPHY COUNT can no longer go down by half thousands anymore. 

For example, if you had 1203 trophies, your count will either continue to rise or go no lower than 1000. If you had 1621 trophies, your count will go no lower than 1500, and so on. Although it is yet to find out how this new trophy system is going to determine the outcome for matchmaking and all other race related things, it will sure limit all the smurfers from losing trophies in daily and other unimportant events. 

What's more that you've noticed about the new trophy counting system. Feel free to share!  ;) 

Comments

• mikesmikes Member Posts: 3,774 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018

Hutch told us the bots were leaving. And many other changes you haven’t noticed like the extra 3 points per win. 
    Off road still dominate in sand and snow. 
    The only surprise is not being able to drop trophies like before. 
  • Hutch_DemorphicHutch_Demorphic Member Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's some changes to the way trophies are calculated that came in, and also the hard floors that you mentioned.
    I'll post full details on this tomorrow.
  • jczerojczero Member Posts: 655 ✭✭✭✭
    @mikes I know the first 2 things, just added to have the topic looking a bit longer, like when you used to write essays and you needed words, for counts. LOL. 

So how is it coming for you in the drawing now?

• mauro07mauro07 Member Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's some changes to the way trophies are calculated that came in, and also the hard floors that you mentioned.
    nice... but not only trophie.. i'm 6k now and it's impossible not compete but play... i never see a lot of S maxed like this 2 days of 6k trophies... it's a waste of time play... and i wait some rewards for otrphies steps...
  • grandvachegrandvache Member Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm assuming this falls under the heading "it's easier to gain forgiveness than permission"

;)
    Please include as details regarding the consequences as you can, we’d all like to know what’s that we are going to face next :joy:
  • JayJay Member Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol I have been in the 6k trophies bracket a few times. And I CANNOT win even a single race in the dailies. If i get stuck in that bracket I wont be able to turn any cards from dailies at all.
    On a good sight, I’ve got a bunch of easy racers in my daily today because of the new matchmaking, nice...
  • TGPDTGPD Member Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jay said:
    lol I have been in the 6k trophies bracket a few times. And I CANNOT win even a single race in the dailies. If i get stuck in that bracket I wont be able to turn any cards from dailies at all.
    Then smarf.
    TGPD said:
    Jay said:
    Then smarf.
    Yeah but the new trophies system doesn't let you go back down.
    TGPD said:
    Jay said:
    Then smarf.
    Before he could smurf 3000 in 3 days, now only 500 in regardless how many days, lol
    trophies doesn't matter now.. do they?
    correct me if I'm wrong
    TGPD said:
    trophies doesn't matter now.. do they?
    correct me if I'm wrong
    Way more than before, only that people won’t be mattering to gain them, but rather how to not have them crossing that 500 bar everyday. 
  • RobGripesRobGripes Member Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is what I am thinking. I will smurf the daily, daily!

That is going to be my way of staying at this level and making my common hand strong AF. 

At least, until I fully understand this new system and its pros and cons.

It seems to me that it won't stop smurfing, and over the very long term the strong hands will keep going up up up into new brackets. However, that'll probably take a very long time to adjust everyone to their appropriate levels.

RobGripes said:

That is going to be my way of staying at this level and making my common hand strong AF. 

It seems to me that it won't stop smurfing, and over the very long term the strong hands will keep going up up up into new brackets. However, that'll probably take a very long time to adjust everyone to their appropriate levels.

Or.... give the strong hands waaay more wins then they need so they get heaps of trophies and force them to move up!
    Jay said:
    RobGripes said:

Or.... give the strong hands waaay more wins then they need so they get heaps of trophies and force them to move up!

Yep. i have already challenge-quit a couple of players I hate being in my brackets...

;) 
    RobGripes said:

Those who will understand how the system work will take no time to adjust and find loophole to continue, whereas, those who don’t understand but don’t seem to have never really tried to smurf will slowly find themselves in a dead end.  
    edited March 2018

Jay said:
    RobGripes said:

Good idea, let me try it out!
    There's still only 13 people in my daily after 6+ hours...

So whatever I do I'm likely gonna be tier 2 prize.

If I show some determination I could probably squeeze myself into tier 3, but that really means no farming whatsoever.
  • NemezNemez Member Posts: 166 ✭✭✭
    Oh no! I'm doing well in both events! I'm doomed!  :D :D
    Nemez said:
    I will try not to do well in any upcoming events until further notice.
  • NemezNemez Member Posts: 166 ✭✭✭
    TGPD said:
    Nemez said:
    We already have dailies to be bored to death (except the one two days ago). If we don't have fun in any event, whats the point?
    Nemez said:
    TGPD said:
    Nemez said:
    We already have dailies to be bored to death (except the one two days ago). If we don't have fun in any event, whats the point?
    Formula Fun is here to help!... no wait, It's not fun. You spend 10000 gold for a ceramic and get a c class car.
  • NumarNumar Member Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    To eradicate the smurfing put a CF for top1 in daily ... 
  • grandvachegrandvache Member Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Numar said:
    To eradicate the smurfing put a CF for top1 in daily ... 
    Comments elsewhere say they're moving to a system whereby the daily won't count towards trophy total ... Problem solved, although I'm sure new problems too!
    make the daily have a cf for prize for more people working towards a better goal... even 2-10 can get a ceramic. Makes the incentive of competing in the dailies...
  • mauro07mauro07 Member Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭✭✭
    but now... how works events and dailies? people under 6k events, play with other people with same trophie or there are some steps?
    so i'm 6k trophy, i found only players with from 6k to 8k? or from 6k to +100k? and under 6k? i want to understand this new system and matchmaking system..