General Discussion

The New Trophy System

Comments

• HeissRodHeissRod Member Posts: 4,721 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mikes said:
    HeissRod said:
    Since the 90s event is offering a Ceramic for the first and second tiers, we'll also need someone to report on how many trophies are added for the second tier, even though the prize pack is the same.
    I'm first tier ~900 points in the 90s event, second tier~200 points in the formula event.
    I just realized that I'm the same.  lol
  • HuacanachaHuacanacha Member Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Hutch_Demorphic is the system to award points just on event tier live now?
  • lemmings99olemmings99o Member Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The issue i find as well in the dailies is that because there's no trophy increase or decrease you dont get the big players surfing in them anymore, which in turn stops me smarfing
  • Hutch_DemorphicHutch_Demorphic Member Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep its in place now
  • Hutch_DemorphicHutch_Demorphic Member Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The issue i find as well in the dailies is that because there's no trophy increase or decrease you dont get the big players surfing in them anymore, which in turn stops me smarfing
    why would big player absence stop you taking part?
  • lemmings99olemmings99o Member Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    You dont get them smurfing in the event? As they can't lose trophies in them. So they no longer put out rubbish hands to drop trophies like they used to. So I can't use those players to farm against to clear boards.

Ps I've just noticed my original post said surfing and not smurfing. What kind of rubbish phone's autocorrect doesn't know smurfing and smarfing "smurf-farming" lol
  • David_FookDavid_Fook Member Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    You dont get them smurfing in the event? As they can't lose trophies in them. So they no longer put out rubbish hands to drop trophies like they used to. So I can't use those players to farm against to clear boards.

Ps I've just noticed my original post said surfing and not smurfing. What kind of rubbish phone's autocorrect doesn't know smurfing and smarfing "smurf-farming" lol
    The responsibility is on us smarfers to keep smarfing alive. Every now and then (once a week?) play a while hand of F’s all day so others can smarf against you. Teamwork makes the dream work.
  • JayJay Member Posts: 2,404 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    I'll make a few comments on the current system, which is very new and will take a bit of bedding in.

High prize events will award more trophies, low prize events will award fewer. We are transitioning towards Daily Events having no impact on trophies at all.
    Trophy changes from events will be based on your final prize tier and depend on the prestige of the event and prizes up for grabs. (I.e. bigger events with cars up for grabs will also give more trophies).
    Trophy thesholds exist as 'hard floors', which you won't drop below. This will be the same for all players.

Trophies should ideally be representative of your overall event performance. Having players with 3 Bugatti's in their hand at 2,000 trophies is a clear sign that the previous system was not working. For every great experience the 3 Bugatti-owner has beating much weaker hands, the player on the receiving end is wondering why matchmaking sucks so hard.

There will be an inevitable trophy inflation, as all players move up in trophies. Players with stronger hands will see greater trophy inflation if they are winning events. Players will be reaching 100,000+ trophies and probably more.

The problem of players entering in the last few hours and cleaning up will become reduced. With the bonus points per win, there will be more overall positive scores.
    What about when your forced into the same bracket as people where you cannot even win a single matchup. They continually beat you you end up with 0 wins 30 losses and then the next day it happens again because you didn't go down a bracket.
  • TomTurboTomTurbo Member Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Here‘s an example of how it will look like regularly. I will either not join minor events at all, or just farm them (gonna drop in Japan event aswell by tomorrow, but still 3-star farming)
    Atleast I can sell over a hundred maxed **** cars now, since I will never use them to compete in such ceramic events anymore, and use my cash only for upgrading cars in major events.

• mikesmikes Member Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep its in place now
    It doesn’t seem to work for events outside of daily. I just gained everyone of my 934 points from the 90s event. 
  • prexprex Member Posts: 647 ✭✭✭✭
    Um. I got my actual trophy balance as there was never changed something. What’s about you guys?
  • samagoichisamagoichi Member Posts: 837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    prex said:
    Um. I got my actual trophy balance as there was never changed something. What’s about you guys?
    Same. Except for the daily where I got 0 has it's  supposed to be. So I am now in the 6500 bracket arghhh. 
  • mikesmikes Member Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭✭✭
    prex said:
    Yup see above. I’m going to sit events out for awhile until there’s one with a good prize since I just went up 1300 trophies between the two events. No point in inflating my total for a ceramic. 
  • mauro07mauro07 Member Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭✭✭
    me too.. silver tier and got points from leaderboard... so hutch.. what is changed? only no points for daily... we are missing something... do you tell about points for tiers... this change help only top hands for daily event...
    edited March 2018
    Lol, so late joining is the way to go now....hilarious
    At least normal players can stop farming if big spenders will not smurf in dailies. Will save a lot of time. B)
    mikes said:
    Yep its in place now
    It doesn’t seem to work for events outside of daily. I just gained everyone of my 934 points from the 90s event. 
    Yeah,  I just settled at 2996 trophies.  Phew...
    Jaco said:
    I think slowly all will be settled. If we are climbing in the trophies, so will the big smurfers do ( hi Eric Shih ). They will gain trophies in the big events automatically, as they want to be on top in the big events. What does top 5 make in big events? I assume sometimes + 1000 trophies and more? Where the smaller players make 200 - 400 trophies ( considered ending top 10 ). So, in the next 5 - 6 big events they will raise more trophies as we do and they will raise faster as we do. In this way in 4 - 5 weeks the smaller players will be at about 3000 - 5000 trophies ( assuming they are now about 2000 trophies ) and the big spenders will be in the 10.000's
    I'm also afraid of climbing in trophies, but I hope it will turn out as I described above.
    Well described, that’s exactly how I see the new system working, I honestly can’t see what the major issue people are having with this is. 
    Tbh I think some of the posts on here are completely cringe worthy, to post about how easily they can win events or how good my garage is at 1000 odd trophies on the one hand and then cause a **** storm that they’re going to have to compete against harder players now they can’t smurf, it’s embarrassing even to read imho. 
    It’s not that a person won’t be able to overpower weaker players.  It seems that farming is being nerfed, which is going to greatly slow garage growth.
    TomTurbo said:
    Here‘s an example of how it will look like regularly. I will either not join minor events at all, or just farm them (gonna drop in Japan event aswell by tomorrow, but still 3-star farming)
    Atleast I can sell over a hundred maxed **** cars now, since I will never use them to compete in such ceramic events anymore, and use my cash only for upgrading cars in major events.

this is the new way.. clear table prizes, buy ceramic and lost or take zero trophy... @TomTurbo ; do you lost trophy or take 0 like in daily in the 99° position?
    mauro07 said:
    TomTurbo said:

this is the new way.. clear table prizes, buy ceramic and lost or take zero trophy... @TomTurbo ; do you lost trophy or take 0 like in daily in the 99° position?

But as I see people still get punished for entering early by earning all the points, I might change my strategy and become a last hour late joiner to win certain packs.....
  • CometDanCometDan Member Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone actually lost any trophies? Or is it just zeroes? 
  • jczerojczero Member Posts: 653 ✭✭✭✭
    TomTurbo said:

I feel you Tom, which is why I already went down the rank since today, since nobody needed my help either so I went south by my own, lol
    this change seems worst for f2p... they trophy go up in little events... big spenders win daily with 0 trophy, clean table and lost little events with 0 trophy... i hope in big events there will be a multiplier for points in leaderboard... if i win event with 200 points, i take 1000 trophy (x5 multiplier)...
    edited March 2018
    CometDan said:
    Has anyone actually lost any trophies? Or is it just zeroes? 
    I lost my exact trophy score like shown in the event. @TomTurbo didn’t lose as he is at his lower bound.
    mikes said:
    Yep its in place now
    It’s very brave if you to test it out for all of us, but it’s also kind stupid cuz if they could just tell us the new trophy system we’d have spared a lot less of bloods. It’s not like we are going to change it even if we learned how things work anyway. 
    Another big point for me is the communication by Hutch, again. 
    In a long run you’ll see the f2p slowly disappearing as the game becomes more and more difficult for them due to lack of investment and desire to get that ceramic/cf at any cost. Then from the 5 mil only 500k will remain and compete while avoiding all the unnecessary points/trophies. This is just a projection, hope it doesn’t happen though, lol.