General Discussion

The New Trophy System

Comments

• ZotZeZotZe Member Posts: 984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jczero said:
    TomTurbo said:
    Here‘s an example of how it will look like regularly. I will either not join minor events at all, or just farm them (gonna drop in Japan event aswell by tomorrow, but still 3-star farming)
    Atleast I can sell over a hundred maxed **** cars now, since I will never use them to compete in such ceramic events anymore, and use my cash only for upgrading cars in major events.

I feel you Tom, which is why I already went down the rank since today, since nobody needed my help either so I went south by my own, lol
    same here... i will meet all those top guys in the lowest places now.... and some f2p players will wonder why they win so many events now... lol
  • NemezNemez Member Posts: 167 ✭✭✭
    So I won one event, +400 points. Dropped trophies at the other -200. Was at 4100. Of course Hutch calculate first the negative and got me to 4000 and then added the 400. Genius...
  • jczerojczero Member Posts: 653 ✭✭✭✭
    mikes said:
    New strategy. I’m just going to keep crushing events until I run my score up high enough I’m uncompetitive. Then if the fun is gone, ah well, I can move on. It was a good run while it lasted, right?  
    Don’t make my projection come true, cuz if even forumers start abandoning the game then there will be nothing significant left for us to play :joy:
  • mikesmikes Member Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jczero said:
    mikes said:
    New strategy. I’m just going to keep crushing events until I run my score up high enough I’m uncompetitive. Then if the fun is gone, ah well, I can move on. It was a good run while it lasted, right?  
    Don’t make my projection come true, cuz if even forumers start abandoning the game then there will be nothing significant left for us to play :joy:
    I’m not going anywhere right now. I figure there’s weeks left until I hit the danger zone. The Lotus event is going to crush a lot of people, lol. 
    Nemez said:
    So I won one event, +400 points. Dropped trophies at the other -200. Was at 4100. Of course Hutch calculate first the negative and got me to 4000 and then added the 400. Genius...
    It could have been worse, imagine if you went to 4500 first, maybe you won’t have go down once you broke that 4.5k ceiling, at least now you can smurf in the next nearest event/s, which is/are...both Japan and ultra rare since you don’t know which one gives you point first
  • samagoichisamagoichi Member Posts: 834 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For one, I'm just gonna go for the win in the small events like I used to do. I was not able to compete in the daily or  events without limitations before anyway. Let see how it goes. 
    I think a lot of those who are preserving their trophy count within their range will become very good friends with plastic packs and 10/20 gold rewards :joy:
  • prexprex Member Posts: 647 ✭✭✭✭
    For one, I'm just gonna go for the win in the small events like I used to do. I was not able to compete in the daily or  events without limitations before anyway. Let see how it goes. 
    If scoring will stay as it is now, I will do the same. Daily events are evaluated faster than other events usually. This makes it possible to stay at your individual lower bound for trophies as long as you do not get more than 499 trophies in small events.
    so it is possible to win in a side event maybe 400 points, so i would climb from 2500 to 2900.
    And then i can drop it with another event where i get maybe -300 points do 2600 ?

all i have to take care not to cross the next 500s step ?
  • samagoichisamagoichi Member Posts: 834 ✭✭✭✭✭
    prex said:
    If scoring will stay as it is now, I will do the same. Daily events are evaluated faster than other events usually. This makes it possible to stay at your individual lower bound for trophies as long as you do not get more than 499 trophies in small events.
    I am not gonna care tbh. If I get 400 trophies, I get 400 trophies. If I get 800 trophies, it's alright too. I think I have the garage to compete with everybody in the low events. Even if they have 13 bazillions Trophies. But not if they are named Huacanacha  :D
    prex said:
    With 2/3 events ending simultaneously you’ll have pray to the god or use your lottery winning luck to hope that the score come to your favor, or you could just win once and lose twice. 
  • KasplantKasplant Member Posts: 301 ✭✭✭
    jczero said:
    prex said:
    With 2/3 events ending simultaneously you’ll have pray to the god or use your lottery winning luck to hope that the score come to your favor, or you could just win once and lose twice. 
    Just lose one event, and late join the one with the biggest price.. so you wont go up more than 500 trophies and you can smurf that down again in the next event 
  • mauro07mauro07 Member Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll make a few comments on the current system, which is very new and will take a bit of bedding in.

High prize events will award more trophies, low prize events will award fewer. We are transitioning towards Daily Events having no impact on trophies at all.
    Trophy changes from events will be based on your final prize tier and depend on the prestige of the event and prizes up for grabs. (I.e. bigger events with cars up for grabs will also give more trophies).
    Trophy thesholds exist as 'hard floors', which you won't drop below. This will be the same for all players.

Trophies should ideally be representative of your overall event performance. Having players with 3 Bugatti's in their hand at 2,000 trophies is a clear sign that the previous system was not working. For every great experience the 3 Bugatti-owner has beating much weaker hands, the player on the receiving end is wondering why matchmaking sucks so hard.

There will be an inevitable trophy inflation, as all players move up in trophies. Players with stronger hands will see greater trophy inflation if they are winning events. Players will be reaching 100,000+ trophies and probably more.

The problem of players entering in the last few hours and cleaning up will become reduced. With the bonus points per win, there will be more overall positive scores.
    What means the bold write?(because seems nothing change in trophy system)
    and what means the italic write? (trophy for daily in future?)
  • CharlieRCharlieR Member Posts: 498 ✭✭✭✭
    stop crying, half of you were smurfing down and beating me with your mighty hands now u will be placed in a llegue you should have been and lesser player will be able to enjoy the game. great job hutch!
    CharlieR said:
    stop crying, half of you were smurfing down and beating me with your mighty hands now u will be placed in a llegue you should have been and lesser player will be able to enjoy the game. great job hutch!
    Less* player, smurfers are not inferior people, thanks. :joy:
    I’d suggest that lower events (F/E/D/formula fun/lot rq) gets no trophy impact, because already nobody is participating in higher rq events, or else the game will become a silent hill soon, with “beasts” coming out only the darkness comes...
  • CometDanCometDan Member Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In this Ultra Rare event I’m in an RQ150 bracket. In this bracket there are people with 0 trophies and people with 60000 trophies. I think people are worrying too much about not going over certain thresholds 
    CometDan said:
    In this Ultra Rare event I’m in an RQ150 bracket. In this bracket there are people with 0 trophies and people with 60000 trophies. I think people are worrying too much about not going over certain thresholds 
    The picture that you don’t see is the final prize for an ultra rare event is a ceramic, so many would think, would it be worthwhile to raise your trophy over 10 ceramics, with a manufacturer event right around the corner (final will be uneffected but the preli and semi will). 
  • prexprex Member Posts: 647 ✭✭✭✭
    CometDan said:
    I don’t think that there already is a new bracketing mechanism in use. But, as long as there is no information, I will not exceed bounds I cannot drop back.
  • ObsoleteDeletionObsoleteDeletion Member Posts: 14
    Well... At least he vanishes out of my RQ group...
    That guy is just constanty beating me and this other dude down...
    People are coming up with strategy so they don’t get overloaded with trophies, my groups #1 went from 1033 to 506 (yet still firmly 2nd) to reduce the unnecessary blood bath for later. 

....  :D ...they dont like the changes too....lol
    ZotZe said:

In game forumers have no idea what’s happening, lol

• CharlieRCharlieR Member Posts: 498 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    jczero said:
    ZotZe said:

In game forumers have no idea what’s happening, lol

:) and you do? trophys only matter in daily events, dudes - i've been battling guys with 20k of trophies in big events while having 2k my self. stop panicinc. this ********* in this thread is really pathetic 
  • HeissRodHeissRod Member Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    jczero said:
    People are coming up with strategy so they don’t get overloaded with trophies, my groups #1 went from 1033 to 506 (yet still firmly 2nd) to reduce the unnecessary blood bath for later. 
    Pretty much what I am trying to do with Ultra Rare Rush.  Winning 1st-2nd, but only going up one trophy level.
  • TomTurboTomTurbo Member Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jczero said:
    That was me I guess.
  • HuacanachaHuacanacha Member Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trophy count be damned is what I currently say. Hopefully the new system works out or I am toast. Lol. I’m accumulating at about a thousand a day... a few months to 100k ;) 
    Trophy count be damned is what I currently say. Hopefully the new system works out or I am toast. Lol. I’m accumulating at about a thousand a day... a few months to 100k ;) 
    Are you a 2-3 Bugatti guy?
    TomTurbo said:
    jczero said:
    That was me I guess.
    Very cleaver move, if I were you I’d drop further down, say, 450 (not sure if your baseline point is 0 or not) then let the points be taken off by the ultra rare, that’s what I’m doing, hope the plus and minus comes in a p