General Discussion

The New Trophy System

Comments

• XA2XA2 Member Posts: 229 ✭✭✭
    Now Im over 6000 and daily event is mayhem... I cant be even in tier 2... And I dont think my hand is too bad, although Im missing bugatties which everyone else in the league has, together with other maxed S cars... Welcome to hell. 
  • Olli8888Olli8888 Member Posts: 631 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    XA2 said:
    Now Im over 6000 and daily event is mayhem... I cant be even in tier 2... And I dont think my hand is too bad, although Im missing bugatties which everyone else in the league has, together with other maxed S cars... Welcome to hell. 
    Nice and warm here?! After the 900 points from the lotus i‘m over 8.000 and facing the guys every day with 50.000 and more and of corse these maxed BugattiS! I have two but i dont have that much useless epics to max them, so i‘m just stucked. Use the dailys just to farm. I dont know if that is the thought about it.
  • XA2XA2 Member Posts: 229 ✭✭✭
    Olli8888 said:
    XA2 said:
    Nice and warm here?! After the 900 points from the lotus i‘m over 8.000 and facing the guys every day with 50.000 and more and of corse these maxed BugattiS! I have two but i dont have that much useless epics to max them, so i‘m just stucked. Use the dailys just to farm. I dont know if that is the thought about it.
    So there is more hell yet? Oh my.....  Im looking for a bugatti but no luck, ceramic, premium french, CF... Doesnt matter... And without any there is nothing to do here. 
  • Olli8888Olli8888 Member Posts: 631 ✭✭✭✭
    XA2 said:
    Olli8888 said:
    XA2 said:
    So there is more hell yet? Oh my.....  Im looking for a bugatti but no luck, ceramic, premium french, CF... Doesnt matter... And without any there is nothing to do here. 
    Thats right, but even with two (not maxed), i have two chirons both just 1.3,2.3,1.3, there is nothing to do.
  • HeissRodHeissRod Member Posts: 4,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought this was supposed to separate players, based on trophy count?  I'm competing against another player in the USA event who only has 400 trophies to my 4000.
  • mauro07mauro07 Member Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭✭✭
    do you think, that in future, we see some prizes for trophy steps (like rq steps)?
  • grandvachegrandvache Member Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I guess this is the last daily ceramic I win for a while then.
  • mauro07mauro07 Member Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭✭✭
    maybe all people don't wanna win ceramic in daily and finally i could win my first ceramic from daily...
  • jczerojczero Member Posts: 656 ✭✭✭✭
    I think Robin meant for the current ongoing daily, so if you win this, it’s 50 heavy stones on your back. 
  • grandvachegrandvache Member Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jczero said:
    I think Robin meant for the current ongoing daily, so if you win this, it’s 50 heavy stones on your back. 
    Yeah, but I'm already in the lead. If I wasn't is stop fighting, but since I am very and I've been getting mostly 1-2 star wins I might as well take the ceramic. 50 trophy's isn't going to move me over any particular threshold.

I have no problem with the change in principle tbh, I think it's going to take a good few weeks to work out though, and I think hutch are going to need to put more bands of trophies in.  In understand people with 6,000 are being matches against those with 60,000 in the daily and I can't see that being popular... A more granular approach would seem necessary, but without knowing how the matchmaking works it's hard to say.
  • RysioRysio Member Posts: 392 ✭✭✭
    In working on balancing trophies to improve matchmaking and responding to player feedback, we are making some small changes.

Winning a Ceramic pack in any event should award trophies even if won in a Daily Event, so Daily Events will award Ceramic prize tiers with 50 trophies, similar to other events. Other Daily Event prize tiers will continue to offer no trophies. We will continue to monitor and review this. These changes are live and apply for the Daily Event finishing in seven hours from this post.
    I don't think we should gain any trophy for winning in daily.How often do you get good car from ceramic pack?Once every 100 packs opened?5k trophy points gain.Lol
    It will make sens If there will be 10% for S and 20% for A car from ceramic.This ceramicks are useless.We asked you before for carbon packs in other events.What we get in all them eggs events?Lovely ceramic.
    I can win most of my daily (4300k) at the moment but I won't any more.Not for 50 trophy points.
    I'm very disappointed about new trophy system and decided not to win at any event exept prize car events.If I survive to next finals I will not buy any packs on offer for game I'm barely playing.

• lemmings99olemmings99o Member Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you can win most of your dailies then your garage is too good for your trophy count, which means you probably used to smurf and therefore need to have your trophies increased so you play against people of a similar garage.

I await your reply probably in the form of a dislike lol
    edited March 2018
    If you can win most of your dailies then your garage is too good for your trophy count, which means you probably used to smurf and therefore need to have your trophies increased so you play against people of a similar garage.

I await your reply probably in the form of a dislike lol
    We all smurfed as far as I know.I know few players that stuck in game over 6k trophy so I'm trying to avoid trophy points increase.I don't like this new trophy system.We should be able to drop -100 points in any event if we smurfing
    You want dislike so I will give you one
  • TopDivesTopDives Member Posts: 593 ✭✭✭
    Win dailies, get a ceramic pack and 50 trophies added to your total. Smarf dailies, farm enough to buy a ceramic pack and have 0 trophies added. 
    Yes, that logic works well for 1% of players.
    TopDives said:
    So after a few days of monitoring the situation i found myself in an endless loop.
    I enter an event, look at the players, make an assessment if i have a chance or not based on players, tracks and cars i have, and then usually watch how things go by mid day. Sometimes it's worth going for top 10 because there is a ceramic, sometimes i can get 1-2 where there is a ceramic. Most times, there is only aluminium in the horizon and that's where i start thinking if the effort in upgrading and playing is justified (and almost all times is not).

So my point here is that, i am still active but i tend to not go for top places (even if i could win 1-2), lose out on more ceramics that i used too (and i know because i record everything), get more aluminiums especially in dailies (except when the tracks don't suit me and i don't want to waste resources), and overall I am feeling like that, although i could be competitive and enjoy some really good racing battles, i avoid them.

It is by choice but my choices are now mandated by the game's structure. It takes a lot more brain power to figure out what I want to do. And IMO, it shouldn't... it should be straightforward to a very large degree. You enter an event to race. Not to think of what option suits you best, not to debate with yourself what position should end up going for in order to not change brackets, not to think if upgrading a D class car is worth the trouble and trophies etc. 

I found myself yesterday in an event with @Jaco, good battle until the end but i ended up third. Which is ok, no problem with coming third BUT ... I rethought of my whole strategy and played  multiple scenarios in my head. I concluded that it was a mistake going for top positions, i wasted way more resources, trophies, time for what i got in return. So now i have a whole new strategy but i am not sure if this would be ok again... endless loop.

Is anyone else feeling the same, or is it just me?
    Well said mate
  • CometDanCometDan Member Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The best way to encourage those that don’t want to rise up the trophies is to offer better prizes in higher level brackets. I’ve no problem with the trophy system. I’ve got a good garage and come up against some of the best garages in the game on a daily basis. I don’t expect to win every event I enter, there are at least 99 people in every event that don’t win I just want to be competitive which I generally am. 

The more people that rise up naturally through their trophy score the more people will be in the higher brackets meaning the top players will spread out over more brackets therefore more people have a chance to win. 
  • NumarNumar Member Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This Lotus event killed me at the end , i gain 1000 trophies and now i have +3000 ... at 2000 i was winning all events (won all lotus 3 rounds (2nd in final)) but now i barely reach top10 in daily... something wrong here , even winning all events was wrong , never won multiple events in a row before trophy update ...
  • tichoblintichoblin Member Posts: 948 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, Hutch decided to reward ultimate smurfers. Those with 0 TP can enjoy the game now, while average players with TP above 6k are punished. Hutch made their game struggle not enjoyment. 
    Well, smart as always. Bravo, hutch.
  • DeserTDeserT Member Posts: 502 ✭✭✭✭
    I’m bored watching my trophies to be honest. I’ve now made a deliberate decision to play as before and win everything I can, except I’m more reserved into upgrading cars if I see that my chances are slim.
    Since the update I’ve been winning all RQ limited and lower-ish events and won tier one in all lotus event so now I will step into the 6k club; what’s the worse that will happen? Not been able to compete in dailies? I can’t do that even now.
    Bottom line I wanna have fun. If I have to constantly watch not to win and get trophies that’s not fun. If on the other hand I get into groups where I have no chance to be competitive that’s not fun also but I’ll deal with it when that time comes and I trust Hutch will be monitoring and adjusting the system accordingly.
  • tichoblintichoblin Member Posts: 948 ✭✭✭✭✭
    DeserT said:
    I’m bored watching my trophies to be honest. I’ve now made a deliberate decision to play as before and win everything I can, except I’m more reserved into upgrading cars if I see that my chances are slim.
    Since the update I’ve been winning all RQ limited and lower-ish events and won tier one in all lotus event so now I will step into the 6k club; what’s the worse that will happen? Not been able to compete in dailies? I can’t do that even now.
    Bottom line I wanna have fun. If I have to constantly watch not to win and get trophies that’s not fun. If on the other hand I get into groups where I have no chance to be competitive that’s not fun also but I’ll deal with it when that time comes and I trust Hutch will be monitoring and adjusting the system accordingly.
    Welcome to the club of high spenders' food. They were bored there alone, so hutch had to amuse them. 
  • jczerojczero Member Posts: 656 ✭✭✭✭
    TopDives said:
    So after a few days of monitoring the situation i found myself in an endless loop.
    I enter an event, look at the players, make an assessment if i have a chance or not based on players, tracks and cars i have, and then usually watch how things go by mid day. Sometimes it's worth going for top 10 because there is a ceramic, sometimes i can get 1-2 where there is a ceramic. Most times, there is only aluminium in the horizon and that's where i start thinking if the effort in upgrading and playing is justified (and almost all times is not).

So my point here is that, i am still active but i tend to not go for top places (even if i could win 1-2), lose out on more ceramics that i used too (and i know because i record everything), get more aluminiums especially in dailies (except when the tracks don't suit me and i don't want to waste resources), and overall I am feeling like that, although i could be competitive and enjoy some really good racing battles, i avoid them.

It is by choice but my choices are now mandated by the game's structure. It takes a lot more brain power to figure out what I want to do. And IMO, it shouldn't... it should be straightforward to a very large degree. You enter an event to race. Not to think of what option suits you best, not to debate with yourself what position should end up going for in order to not change brackets, not to think if upgrading a D class car is worth the trouble and trophies etc. 

I found myself yesterday in an event with @Jaco, good battle until the end but i ended up third. Which is ok, no problem with coming third BUT ... I rethought of my whole strategy and played  multiple scenarios in my head. I concluded that it was a mistake going for top positions, i wasted way more resources, trophies, time for what i got in return. So now i have a whole new strategy but i am not sure if this would be ok again... endless loop.

Is anyone else feeling the same, or is it just me?
    There are many of us like you, this game is no longer about racing, as normal racing game should have been. Instead of looking like F1 now you have to think as a football manager, where if you win the league you’ll be paired with continent champion if not world champion, which you are way far not ready for it. So what do you do? Smurf for some miserable -10/-20 points per 1-2 days so you can remain competitive while slowly building your garage, and if you are not rich (in game or in real life) then this process will be extremely slow. Maybe by the time you feel finally ready, the TD is gone. 

There was a system that people are used to and had fun with it while the dev enjoyed the monthly injection from all the happy users. But now not only the paying customers aren’t happy, even the free customers aren’t either, just look around. 

I think the rq limitation is already a very good initiatives, and as most of constant CF/ceramic winning player tends to even let the others win from time to time (I’ve given away more than once) I don’t see how the new system is help building a happy environment in this game, other than bringing fear and killing the fun.
  • TopDivesTopDives Member Posts: 593 ✭✭✭
    jczero said:
    Instead of looking like F1 now you have to think as a football manager
    That's a good way of putting it. You captured exactly what i had in my head with one sentence. To expand though, racing and managing your cars and strategy, should coexist. One should not take over the other and not become a burden. 

There are times where forums and communication becomes toxic, and that is not ok. 
    In the context of providing feedback I will say one more thing. Hutch is busy, developing and managing their apps and development. And that's great, they have created apps used by millions. There are a lot of good things about this game. I am not forgetting that and neither should anyone else, especially free players where they receive lots of value. 

I hope my feedback is considered constructive criticism, because that was the intention. 

• ZaphodZaphod Member Posts: 157 ✭✭✭
    I like the concept of the trophy system, what I don’t like is it being applied to all events; Doing well in low-class events has nothing to do with your competitiveness in major events, and yet doing enough of them (even if you are only getting aluminium or steel packs) will bump you to higher tier. That makes no sense to me.

Also, do you get negative trophies from anywhere in the current system? If you get moved up to a tier where you get beaten down to ground all the time are you going to be stuck there until end of time?
  • DrizztSalvatoreDrizztSalvatore Member Posts: 271 ✭✭✭

I think the main problem at the moment with the trophy implementation is that you have strong garages that have won events with CF packs and also Legendary and Epic cars as prizes at artificially low trophy levels due to smurfing in the past.  Perhaps Admin should have reset trophy levels of all players dependent on what your event history was, ie: what actual prizes had been won then the players would have been ranked on performance...

At the moment we are having to wait for the cream to rise to the top by winning prize events, perhaps Hutch need to make sure the bandings are also sorted so players on 6000 don't get lumped in with those on 20K+.

But there can only be 1 winner in a group of 100 so there will always be 99 disappointed players......