Spotted

Comments

• LittleEnosBurdetteLittleEnosBurdette Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bobdylan said:
    That a sequential box 
    It’s a dog ring box, only road legal production car that has it, 8.5k option mind. 😄
  • grandvachegrandvache Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bobdylan said:
    That a sequential box 
    It’s a dog ring box, only road legal production car that has it, 8.5k option mind. 😄
    What the hell is a dog ring box?
  • bobdylanbobdylan Posts: 3,530 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ???????
    bobdylan said:
    ???????
    The beam across the floor say something on the lotus platform.  The open gearshift says exige, but the colour and absence of A pillar (and maybe windscreen too) tells me that's a Lotus 3-11
    brrrrrum
    lets see 
    bobdylan said:
    lets see 
    80% sure that's a Ferrari 456
    dayum ya good . 

I do like that Ferrari.  Fancy one as a daily when the lottery comes in . 

Ok.....harder now
    edited October 2018
    bobdylan said:
    dayum ya good . 

I do like that Ferrari.  Fancy one as a daily when the lottery comes in . 

Ok.....harder now
    One of my favourite Ferrari's, it's great in the colour too.

The second one is sneaky.  Looks like a Ferrari 355 but it's not. Venturi atlantique, but I couldn't tell you which model.
    dam it 
    bobdylan said:
    dam it 
    😳 sorry mate
    Something for the weekend.

It's unusual.  It's fast, it's also a bit ****.
  • TGPDTGPD Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something for the weekend.

It's unusual.  It's fast, it's also a bit ****.
    It torque steers like crazy, but fast in a straight line, Gotta love the Vauxhall Vectra VXR.
  • RobGripesRobGripes Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When your dad shows up to once again prove he's the fastest in the family:

The fact that we kind of match our cars was an accident.

**edit** as pointed out we do not match and I'm terrible at colors. The bull is mine and Godzilla be his.

Clearly a car-mad duo.

Does your dad happen to play this game by any chance?

**edit** as pointed out we do not match and I'm terrible at colors. The bull is mine and Godzilla be his.
    Both stock or otherwise?
  • JacoJaco Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very rare; Lamborghini golfcar
  • TheTruePwnzorTheTruePwnzor Posts: 188 ✭✭✭
    Clearly a car-mad duo.

Does your dad happen to play this game by any chance?

Oh man, I wish! I never managed to get him into any gaming besides Time Crisis and The House of the Dead 2 in the arcade.
    Both stock or otherwise?

I've had the LP550-2 for just about six months. I'm starting slowly and from the ground up, doing one mod at a time and then really giving myself a chance to get a feel for the results. Soon she'll get put away for the winter because New York. So, I've done the following thus far:

Vivid Racing Stage 2 ECU (too many damn hours of research led me to vivid. This is a wonderful ecu flash, gained 36 hp and 28 ft/lbs at the wheels.)

CNS Racing v2 clutch kit (wonderful on the track, can be a bit much in NYC traffic)

Ksport Kontrol Pro adjustable suspension (very livable so far)

GiroDisc pads and rotors(wanted to do this before changing out calipers because I rather like the factory brake feel. It's not my daily but I do have to, you know, actually drive it. That being said calipers are next on the list.)

Toyo Proxes R888R Tires (pretty much streetable slicks) 

USP Motorsports intake

IPE Titanium Exhaust (defintely does not sound like bagpipes, my wife hates it but it was too much damn money to take off. She says it sounds like an someone autotuned my 968, RIP. Personally I think it sounds like the Valkyries riding to Valhalla.)

I'm eyeballing the vivid supercharger kit but it's 1/5th the price of what I paid for the car...kind of a hard call. 

I've got a buddy with a rim shop designing some rims for her. I love the stock metal though.

Last dyno pull had her at 592 hp and 568 ft/lbs at the wheels. 

I haven't paid any attention to her cosmetically. She's gonna get a wrap over the winter just to protect her from rock chips. Her paint is far from perfect which is the lever I used to haggle like crazy with the previous owner. Honestly I don't care that much, I could paint her pink and purple and she would still look cool imo. I'll take some glamour shots when it's not pouring outside, today was a complete wash.

Godzilla appears to be bone stock. I wasn't expecting him to show up with that car, in fact I didn't even know he had bought it. I was expecting him to show up in his Evora GT430. I put down some laps in his gtr and I was blown away. I've driven some very very quick cars, but it was so fast while being so composed and honestly just easy to storm in that I was just downright jealous. If I was going back to last year I might not have bought the lambo, but I'm glad I did anyway.
    Absolutely love the stock rims on that Gallardo.
    So aftermarket intake, exhaust, ECU, brakes, clutch and suspension...
    Would you ever try to do a twin-turbo conversion? They might be a bit overrated tho, but can potentially double the horsepower.
    Are you looking for a drag monster or a track demon?
    I keep saying it would be a shame to make something so nimble into a drag car but if I'm being completely honest I'm still scared to go even 9/10ths on the strip since suffering a blowout in my pro mod camaro and nailing the wall. I broke my left radius, ulna, femur, and just about all of the ribs on that side. That being said I'm definitely not taking anything without a full cage to the strip, I'm pretty sure that cage saved my life, or at least saved me from a life with a lot more pain in it.

On the track I'm much more a fan of the linear power delivery of an Eaton type over a TT setup. I imagine that donkey-kick from a TT would be a hoot, though.

All said she's plenty fast as-is. 9/10th with her is a blast, 10/10ths is ragged-edge of my abilities and if she were any faster would just be a bad idea for me. It's probably bad already. I've got money to spend but not like all-caps MONEY, so every dollar I pump in to her comes from somewhere else. And I'm always eyeing what's next.

Plus I have a boat, which, as my grandfather always said, is a hole in the water you throw money into.
    edited October 2018
    I keep saying it would be a shame to make something so nimble into a drag car but if I'm being completely honest I'm still scared to go even 9/10ths on the strip since suffering a blowout in my pro mod camaro and nailing the wall. I broke my left radius, ulna, femur, and just about all of the ribs on that side. That being said I'm definitely not taking anything without a full cage to the strip, I'm pretty sure that cage saved my life, or at least saved me from a life with a lot more pain in it.

On the track I'm much more a fan of the linear power delivery of an Eaton type over a TT setup. I imagine that donkey-kick from a TT would be a hoot, though.

All said she's plenty fast as-is. 9/10th with her is a blast, 10/10ths is ragged-edge of my abilities and if she were any faster would just be a bad idea for me. It's probably bad already. I've got money to spend but not like all-caps MONEY, so every dollar I pump in to her comes from somewhere else. And I'm always eyeing what's next.

Plus I have a boat, which, as my grandfather always said, is a hole in the water you throw money into.
    If it flies, floats or other: rent it.
  • GilTrucksGilTrucks Posts: 405 ✭✭✭
    This is difficult .. Not in the game.
  • JacoJaco Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭✭✭
    GilTrucks said:
    Ford GT?
    Triumph? Stag
    GilTrucks said:
    I was about to say Toyota Celica before I saw the big letters on the bonnet😂😂😂
    GilTrucks said:
    Sneaky... Hitting us with Ford's Brazilian models...
    Not sneaky enough tho... 

Ford Corcel GT

Okay, I saw this Frankenstein creation yesterday and I'm somewhere between stumped and stymied:

It's like a Nash and a pagoda had a baby. It looked like it was on an f100 chassis. Engine was a Leyland straight eight. I has no answers. I regret not waiting around for the owner so I could ask.
    This exposed leaf-springs aren't helping me. It may just be too random an amalgamation of parts for me to figure it out. 
  • RobGripesRobGripes Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, I saw this Frankenstein creation yesterday and I'm somewhere between stumped and stymied:

It's like a Nash and a pagoda had a baby. It looked like it was on an f100 chassis. Engine was a Leyland straight eight. I has no answers. I regret not waiting around for the owner so I could ask.

You forgot about the cabin side panels taken from a tudor period home in the Cotswolds