New Environment Discussion

2»

Comments

• SquadalaSquadala Posts: 155 ✭✭✭
    Maybe a combination of Drag-Slalom kind of track.
  • ZaphodZaphod Posts: 157 ✭✭✭
    I’d like to see something like (and variations of) the frozen lake, but on other surfaces; To me that is the ultimate grip test with long, sweeping corners and effectively no straights. Even the G-force tests and twisty circuits place some emphasis on acceleration, but I’d like to see tests based on pure grip.

Also, how about an auto test?

On a more random note, how about a city streets-style route around the test facility?
  • Sherby90Sherby90 Posts: 306 ✭✭✭
    Make a new fast circuit.  A long one.  And make it Monza
    I swear the current fast circuit is Monza inspired, only reversed. Am I right? 
    A new fast circuit like this would be interesting, like Barcelona, Silverstone or Spa.
  • TGPDTGPD Posts: 5,600 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Parabolica's not there, all those chicanes are not there, the Lesmo's are not there, the only thing slightly reminiscent of Monza is the general shape...
    Specific tracks like Silverstone, Spa or Catalunya might not be possible, because there are additional licensing in those. What Hutch could add is variants of the circuit, some can be handling-biased, and others could be extremely fast.
  • BubblegumBubblegum Posts: 157 ✭✭✭
    How about 

1)  Stock cars races. All cars are stripped of upgrades in the races. (actually just want to have a chance to test performance between cars that you do not have which usually scale up to be the same after upgrades)

2) A team races. 4 against 4. Team score at the end are awarded with same prizes. Some value ratings on cars or rq could be implemented to prevent unbalance competition.

3) Random tracks thrown out, 120s to pick your cars to race. Somewhere along this line, purpose is to test who could figure out the best cars for the tracks will usually win (Nowadays the top ranks are all almost the same copied selection of cars)

4) There was a post on knockout system. That could be revisited.

5) Users generated competition. i.e. you donate a cars or gold and create your own competition and criteria that you think will win. Those who join will need to put in their stakes. ( This probably wont happen due to the gambling element implied)
  • Ofirm84Ofirm84 Posts: 367 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    What about adding real racing circuits like: Nurburgring, Silverstone, Monza etc.
    I think it can only contribute to the TD experience.
  • NiurktNiurkt Posts: 125 ✭✭✭
    Dangerous roads. If you choose wrong tyres or car u will crash your car :D
    and maybe for more fun you can add extra thing: (if your car falling down you need to wait 1 hour to play with that car again :D:D )
  • WolfeLordeWolfeLorde Posts: 3
    A jungle environment with hill climbs, dirt roads (wet/dry) and creek or river crossings would be challenging and fun to watch.
  • hillclimberhillclimber Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Las Vegas Strip
  • Ivo_KamburovIvo_Kamburov Posts: 799 ✭✭✭✭
    mikes said:
    Challenges.

The slalom course but where you drive straight, do the u-turn and drive straight back. 

Tug of war? Two cars chained up pulling on each other. 

• bantel_catbantel_cat Posts: 936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jumps! 
    Loop the loop!
    Bond style bridge barrel roll wotsits!

On a marginally less stupid theme...

Ice starts (full car or rear wheels only or even one side only) leading on to normalish tracks
    Multi-lap where conditions change, i.e rain on 2nd lap or dries up or rapid snow thaw to wet etc.
  • ManUtdTobbeManUtdTobbe Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jumps! 
    Loop the loop!
    Bond style bridge barrel roll wotsits!

On a marginally less stupid theme...

Ice starts (full car or rear wheels only or even one side only) leading on to normalish tracks
    Multi-lap where conditions change, i.e rain on 2nd lap or dries up or rapid snow thaw to wet etc.
    Love the last part, conditions changing mid race would be really fun and would make standard tyres more useful (also non 4WD All surface cars)