General Discussion

Weekly Challenge Thread

Comments

• mauro07mauro07 Member Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭✭✭
    next callenge will be RQ34 and you need one Pagani!!! Good work Hutch!!!
  • red23red23 Member Posts: 35 ✭✭
    Next weekly challenge i'd like it to be 5 x Bugatti with the top price a super rare. RQ40 all the way through though
  • antonyhopantonyhop Member Posts: 102 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Started playing again after about a month (i saw the 7.5 update and thought it involved new cars ). 
    Dissapointed...  first thing i noticed was the awful hillclimb physics... more weird race results... and now this weekly event with not a single chance to even start the event with these reatrictions !!! (I bought 5 plastics hoping for the lowest rq mini ! ). 
    Time to quit again. See you when update 8.0 rolls out 

• JayJay Member Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol I bought 1 plastic.. first drop was mini. Cleared the first 5 phew.
  • NinjaDesignzNinjaDesignz Member Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got very lucky as I got the rq 4 mini from the super rare plastic and was able to clear pretty easily. However, the devs have to be trolling us at this point lol
  • O__VERO__VER Member Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This further supports my theory that they're trying to wind this game down. Annoy enough people, get them to leave, cut servers down to one. Less overheads to worry about.
  • UltimateUltimate Member Posts: 777 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    HeissRod said:
    Oh, quit your *****ing.  Everyone is not supposed to be able to do every challenge.  That's all I see around here anymore.  Don't have the cars for a challenge or event?  Complain about how Hutch is getting greedy and trying to get people to buy packs.  It gets old. 
    Be careful you don’t get censored for bad language HeissRod 😂
    Post edited by Ultimate on
  • HeissRodHeissRod Member Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ultimate said:
    HeissRod said:
    Oh, quit your bitching.  Everyone is not supposed to be able to do every challenge.  That's all I see around here anymore.  Don't have the cars for a challenge or event?  Complain about how Hutch is getting greedy and trying to get people to buy packs.  It gets old. 
    Be careful you don’t get censored for bad language HeissRod 😂
    I thought this forum auto-censored that stuff?  Whoops.
    Although I have to say the challenge was/is one of the nicer things to look forward to on a Monday work day. Normally it’s a breeze up until fifth round and one can grab their weekly ceramic at least, even if the last round is unforgiving
  • AJTheCaveManAJTheCaveMan Member Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the first challenge where I haven't even been able to compete in the first set, IIRC. Just when I thought I had a pretty diverse garage (focusing on tags, year, etc), the devs prove me wrong big time lol. Hoping I pull a lower Mini from the farm (My lowest are 17RQ), but I won't stress if i miss out on my weekly Ceramic. I've never kept the really low RQ Mini's for some reason, so that's my bad. I did buy one of the Mini Ceramics and pull some B class food though.
  • luckylumpiluckylumpi Member Posts: 53 ✭✭✭
    There are 3 really extreme things on it:
    1. To start the challenge, you need to have at least one of 2 cars (RQ4 or RQ8) or two RQ12 Mini Cabriolets. That is a very small percentage from more than 1000 cars.
    2. The package you can buy as a challenge offer did not help you at the start, because you will get C-class Minis you cannot use in the first round of the challenge until you already own one of the cars mentioned under 1.
    3. The requirement for the challenge and the bonus factor belong to the same car manufacturer. Normally you either have a wider range of bonus criteria or a wider range of requirements.

Yes, we should not complain about it too much, but in this case the entry restrictions will limit it quite strong. And not even with gold you are sure you will be able to enter it.

The requirement of only 1 Mini or a higher RQ limit (maybe 43) for round 1 would have been a more useful entry condition.     
    1. To start the challenge, you need to have at least one of 2 cars (RQ4 or RQ8) or two RQ12 Mini Cabriolets. That is a very small percentage from more than 1000 cars.    
    Why would you need two RQ12?  I did the first 4 rounds with the B21 & F4 Minis, then pulled a D13 to finish round 5.
    HeissRod said:
    Why would you need two RQ12?  I did the first 4 rounds with the B21 & F4 Minis, then pulled a D13 to finish round 5.
    I think he means if you don’t have either the 4rq or the 8rq minis then minimum entry requirement are 2x12rq minis
    Ultimate said:
    HeissRod said:
    I think he means if you don’t have either the 4rq or the 8rq minis then minimum entry requirement are 2x12rq minis
    Ah, ok.  Now that I re-read that, it makes sense.
  • RawelRawel Member Posts: 790 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And I'm still here buying plastic in search for the rq4 mini. Probably getting close to 100k spent. Goddamn...
    Rawel said:
    And I'm still here buying plastic in search for the rq4 mini. Probably getting close to 100k spent. Goddamn...
    You’ve spent a 100k for the possibility of a 5k return?
    I just want to enter and have something to do... It doesn't need to make sense
    No no I’ve figured it out, you’re a plastic pack junkie! 😂 this was the excuse to splurg out
  • bluedogsnoopbluedogsnoop Member Posts: 549 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rawel said:
    I spent similar for the same reasons. Well I was also looking for my unicorn RQ 4 Smart Forfour too, which I need to finish the set. At least my common garage has improved (a lot!). 
    edited November 2018
    Rawel said:
    I spent similar for the same reasons. Well I was also looking for my unicorn RQ 4 Smart Forfour too, which I need to finish the set. At least my common garage has improved (a lot!). 
    I'm also looking for some missing american dream commons, so far only got rq4 chevette. also I see a rare mini on a prize board in a daily event, so no all hope's lost lol
  • malsmals Member Posts: 105 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Moog said:
    Just to balance the criticism of this event, I'm in favour of it. Yes, I had the RQ4 mini maxed which may explain my opinion, but I even if I didn't I'd like to think that I'd still have welcomed it. I was caught out with the EV event recently, and now made sure I have plenty of those ready for any future events.

As mentioned, the mini's aren't the best cars in the game, so events such as this give a reason to use them and rewards people who have collected them. It's nice not to use the same handful of cars now and then and to actually challenge us. Also as some have found out, you can't 'buy' this event win that easily.

Plus, if you can't enter, it's not like the XKSS is that great. Missing out on the RS200 a few months back was far more painful (still not got one of those bad boys!).

It would have sense if after spent 300k in platics packs you could get a mini, but not.

SO THIS EVENTS IS A NO SENSE
    Post edited by mals on
    Moog said:
    Just to balance the criticism of this event, I'm in favour of it. Yes, I had the RQ4 mini maxed which may explain my opinion, but I even if I didn't I'd like to think that I'd still have welcomed it. I was caught out with the EV event recently, and now made sure I have plenty of those ready for any future events.

As mentioned, the mini's aren't the best cars in the game, so events such as this give a reason to use them and rewards people who have collected them. It's nice not to use the same handful of cars now and then and to actually challenge us. Also as some have found out, you can't 'buy' this event win that easily.

Plus, if you can't enter, it's not like the XKSS is that great. Missing out on the RS200 a few months back was far more painful (still not got one of those bad boys!).

Sorry but how many mini are in game? How many in F and E class? So ok, you want mini requiriement? Only one for first stage or you must request more rq... i wanna know how many players can enter... seems as smart event!!! Or eco event... maybe they need to hire someone  build events and challenge.. and when they said that they play the game.. beh.. i'm not sure!!!!!
    edited November 2018
    mals said:
    Moog said:

It would have sense if after spent 300k in platics packs you could get a mini, but not.

SO THIS EVENTS IS A NO SENSE
    So this event makes no sense because your gambling hasn't proved fruitful?  That makes no sense.
  • TNThomasTNThomas Member Posts: 546 ✭✭✭✭
    My opinion on this week's challenge is that the Mini requirement combined with the RQ limit is not correct. I think most of us (we are the more hardcore players I think) should be able to at least enter te challenge. That not all people can finish is, is good. I like some difficulty! However, not even being to enter is not fun...
    where is Hutch? why don't answer?
  • TheTruePwnzorTheTruePwnzor Member Posts: 188 ✭✭✭
    I started saving minis after the last event that required them:

I saved the wrong minis. SMH. Even if you don't like it you've got to admit Hutch sure does keep us guessing.
  • Parimal_2000Parimal_2000 Member Posts: 814 ✭✭✭✭
    And the worst thing is it is going to last for 5 days!!! We can't do anything but sit and watch that timer countdown. I don't care about the XKSS, but I'd like the ceramic.