Weekly Challenge Thread

Comments

• greddygreddy Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finally did it with these hand. Had to upgrade both SR and rare citroens. 

• Blue2moroBlue2moro Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I pulled a CXperience from the prelims CF and it's only bumped me from 1* to 2* on round 21. Still cant beat it.
  • AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭✭✭
    round 21-23 hand. shown is the running order of round 22. this was a 2star hand as long as i put my bugatti against the pikes peak.
    the trick is to put it onto the first race, let the metro loose against PP. in round 23 the citroen crosstourer (333 tune) lost big against the subaru, but enough points from the others.

• AdxREAdxRE Posts: 201 ✭✭✭
    It is really hard without a PP or Bugatti, somehow managed to scrap through (by a handful of points (in Round 22 and 25) with this hand.

• TD42792TD42792 Posts: 1,720 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ozzman said:
    The bottleneck is your Citroen garage I think. If you weren't lucky enough to get yourself a Metropolis or a CXperience, you probably need very high end cars to compensate for the losses of your Citroens (anyone tried the C-Crosser?). If you have at least a Metropolis, then it's doable, even for a F2P like me.
    Yes indeed, citroen is the limiting factor. C2R2 is actually ok to use if you have super high end cars for the 2 non citroen slots.
    Just managed to pass round 22 without metropolis/cxperience but I had to upgrade the r2d2 for that, and I am using a veyron and fully upgraded miray...
  • aelburtaelburt Posts: 38 ✭✭
    Ultimate said:
    aelburt said:
    Hutch, pls tell us why this week challenge is so damn hard! For a ceramic only???? I can understand the latest, was a CF, and that ok.. but for a ceramic? Really? 

My best hand is Veyron,959, saxo, c5,c6 and im stuck at 22. I can't see a way better.. 

Tell us how many people can beat the final stage. I think around only 5% (shop obviusly). 
    What do mean by shop? That we’d spend money to get past the challenge? For a ceramic?
    No, i mean that only p2w players will complete it.
  • UncleGaryUncleGary Posts: 196 ✭✭✭
    I did it with pikes peak, 699 caddy cts coupe, 2x rq15 "r2d2"-max (one 969, one 669) and a 996 rq12 Citroen c6. Won it by 2 points I think. 
  • evilprofesseurevilprofesseur Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No bugatti or pp, metropolis is 369 and the rare citroen is a 339.
    I really thought I wouldn't make it

• mauro07mauro07 Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some hands for round 22?
  • DrizztSalvatoreDrizztSalvatore Posts: 275 ✭✭✭
    ROUND 22, unfortunately I had to use a Chiron 3-3-3 & CT6 9-6-9 along with the C6 3.0lt, C5 tourer and the C2-R2, same 5 cars also complete 23-25 rounds
  • mazeoopsmazeoops Posts: 912 ✭✭✭✭
    mauro07 said:
    Some hands for round 22?

1. Audi 333
    2. C2r2 623
    3. c2r2 969
    4. legend 969
    5. metropolis 633
    (Screenshot order is wrong)
    thanks guys!! hope to finish... i'm not lucky with this citroen!!
  • GT47LMGT47LM Posts: 393 ✭✭✭
    edited April 12
    Guys, I'm on the last one and can't seem to win lol. What should I do with this hand? That's pretty much my best hand so I can't really change it

Edit: I think I'm going to have to upgrade the C3 so that it can win on the hairpin road. It currently loses by 1 sec at 333 so I'm sure I can get it to win at 969
  • BoxtaSBoxtaS Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m assuming there’s no weekend challenge this week? Anyone know when the next one is? 
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 5,171 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why wouldn't there be one?
    HeissRod said:
    Why wouldn't there be one?
    I thought we’d have seen an announcement by now, don’t they usually advertise it?
  • MoogMoog Posts: 383 ✭✭✭✭
    Moog said:
    I lack a PP or Bugatti and any Citroen above RQ13, so my plan is to wait until tonight when the finals start, dump my gold on FR packs (been planning to do that for about 6 months!) and hopefully get something useful to finish the challenge. I'll have 5 tickets ready to play, so fingers crossed.
    Not that anyone’s interested, but the plan worked. Citroen Metropolis appeared in a FR pack, fused it up to 666 which was enough to complete all remaining levels.
    edited April 12
    Oh wait, I read that as "weekly challenge".  If you're looking for the next 2-day weekend challenge, that wont take place until after the next Austin Challenge.  The next Austin Challenge should be April 26th.  The weekend challenge would then start May 3rd.
    HeissRod said:
    Oh wait, I read that as "weekly challenge".  If you're looking for the next 2-day weekend challenge, that wont take place until after the next Austin Challenge.  The next Austin Challenge should be April 26th.  The weekend challenge would then start May 3rd.
    Oh yeah, I got confused, that is what I meant but I forgot the Austin challenge comes first. For some reason I thought it was the weekend challenge that awarded the Austin, my bad. 
    Ok, so 2 weeks time 👍 feels like ages since the last one... 
    free ceramic after an hard challenge with citroen... citroen... citroen.. bah... :D:D:D
  • SquadalaSquadala Posts: 155 ✭✭✭
    Ok Hutch thanks for this. The last challenge was very hard for lots of people.
    12 hour ticket refresh  :o
  • James_PearceJames_Pearce Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nearly 28 second gap 😂

• RunningEvilRunningEvil Posts: 40 ✭✭
    Thanks Hutch, nice Surprise, but it's still too difficult for me ...... 

• RawelRawel Posts: 841 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rq 15 and rq 11 in the ceramic, meh. But I didn't expect a weekend challenge, so that's cool
  • vossixvossix Posts: 437 ✭✭✭✭
    Best Ceramic for this week 🤪

Thanks Hutch, nice Surprise, but it's still too difficult for me ...... 

RQ limit of 115 and you’re only running 1 super rare?  The challenge isn’t difficult.  You just need a better garage.