General Discussion

Weekly Challenge Thread

Comments

• HeissRodHeissRod ✭✭✭✭✭ Member Posts: 4,865 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keating said:
    Good to know you literally can’t get past round 18 if you don’t own a maxed patrol or QX. I’m RQ150 and have been playing for ten months yet still not once pulled a Patrol. Thanks a lot hutch. There’s no reason why round 18 should be harder than 20-25.
    Did you see the hand that Blue2Moro posted?  It doesn't use a Patrol or QX.
  • Blue2moroBlue2moro ✭✭✭✭✭ Member Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was about to say the same thing. I have no patrol or QX but after a couple trial and error attempts I made it. Just.
  • O__VERO__VER ✭✭✭✭✭ Member Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keating said:
    Good to know you literally can’t get past round 18 if you don’t own a maxed patrol or QX. I’m RQ150 and have been playing for ten months yet still not once pulled a Patrol. Thanks a lot hutch. There’s no reason why round 18 should be harder than 20-25.
    I don't recall needing an Infiniti or a Patrol Nismo to complete round 18. As far as I recall, I used two Datsun Rallys, a Silvia Rally, RQ17 Mitsubishi ASX and an Infiniti QX30 (the brown one). Sure I used an Infiniti but I'm pretty sure almost any of the cars I used could have been replaced with other SR or UR Japanese off-roaders.
  • KeatingKeating ✭✭✭ Member Posts: 120 ✭✭✭
    Sadly I don’t have a Silvia rally either, as I’ve not pulled one before 
    Have you tried a Honda Ridgeline on the drag?  It pulls a 15.83 time and leaves a lot of RQ to overpower the 4 other tracks.
  • KeatingKeating ✭✭✭ Member Posts: 120 ✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    Have you tried a Honda Ridgeline on the drag?  It pulls a 15.83 time and leaves a lot of RQ to overpower the 4 other tracks.
    I have, but I’m at 237 points at the end instead of 250. If it had all-surface tyres instead of standard then I’d probably be able to clear round 18.
  • kolov7kolov7 ✭✭✭ Member Posts: 193 ✭✭✭
    greddy said:
    kolov7 said:
    I cant win this event,sadly i dont have furai or gt1 road car
    You dont need them. Fast infinitis do the trick here. 
    Can any ultra rare infiniti beat maybach
  • StealthFTStealthFT ✭✭✭ Member Posts: 269 ✭✭✭
    For those without strong Jap draggers, this hand just manages to clear the last round, 370Z here is only 333.
    Points are 50, 100, -50, 68, 86
    Thanks to @floop200 for pointing out that Spirit R wins the first round.
  • 0171801718 ✭✭✭ Member Posts: 101 ✭✭✭
    edited May 16
    Hey, will a 963 370Z beat the Maybach on Round 25? I would have to upgrade this ride. If not, I will have to upgrade some super rares like in the example posted by floop200...

the 370Z can have a 0-60 of 4.1 but has a weak MRA (55.49 according to TD Club).
  • OzzmanOzzman ✭✭✭✭✭ Member Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    01718 said:
    Hey, will a 963 370Z beat the Maybach on Round 25? I would have to upgrade this ride. If not, I will have to upgrade some super rares like in the example posted by floop200...

the 370Z can have a 0-60 of 4.1 but has a weak MRA (55.49 according to TD Club).
    Not sure if it helps, but all I know is that a 996 Infiniti M45 (with 4.4 0-60, but better MRA) could not beat the Maybach. But a 969 RQ20 Honda NSX did it.
  • JacoJaco ✭✭✭✭✭ Member Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭✭✭
    01718 said:

Sorry 😟

• BoxtaSBoxtaS ✭✭✭✭✭ Member Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What do you think she means by this:

• OzzmanOzzman ✭✭✭✭✭ Member Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BoxtaS said:

That the progression event will start tonight?
    BoxtaS said:

That it's getting late and she's trying to be polite when all she really wants is for you to get out of her house.
    Blue2moro said:
    BoxtaS said:

That it's getting late and she's trying to be polite when all she really wants is for you to get out of her house.
    I’ll never understand women. I did my special dance and everything. 
    Ozzman said:
    BoxtaS said:

That the progression event will start tonight?
    Yes, that’s probably right. I ruled that out as there’s still another firebird event to go, but your right, last time the progression events did start early and hang around for a while 👍
  • MoogMoog ✭✭✭✭ Member Posts: 363 ✭✭✭✭
    The previous two challenges were referring to the Clubs system, and I assumed this was too. I think 'midnight' is a little too literal, and I'm not expecting the update to drop tonight, but I think it implies that it's soon.
  • TD42792TD42792 ✭✭✭✭✭ Member Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moog said:
    The previous two challenges were referring to the Clubs system, and I assumed this was too. I think 'midnight' is a little too literal, and I'm not expecting the update to drop tonight, but I think it implies that it's soon.
    I would be surprised that all Hutch staff sacrifice their week end to launch clubs (justifiably so).
    So perhaps progression event starts tonight?
  • bluedogsnoopbluedogsnoop ✭✭✭✭✭ Member Posts: 569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got caught out by the hill climb on first set. The Plymouth GTX then helped....
  • mauro07mauro07 ✭✭✭✭✭ Member Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭✭✭
    honda beat help a lot!! :D :D
    I used the Chrysler 300H on that hill climb. That little beauty flew up the hill.

• JPintoJPinto ✭✭ Member Posts: 29 ✭✭
    The Chevy Orlando is also a killer for the hill climp, quite helpful.
    edited May 22
    Careful on round 25 when farming.  It is very easy to get 100+ points on the drag versus the Miray.  I almost accidentally finished it by messing this up.
    Farming 24 with this. 333 merc loses the 1st race by -55

Why are you farming 24?
    After accidentally completing 25 a couple times I thought I'd try farming 24. Also it saves that pesky missed card just after you start farming round 25. 😉
  • AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer ✭✭✭✭✭ Member Posts: 819 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    Why are you farming 24?
    I often do the same. To avoid accidental completition while setting up the farming hand.
  • HvalenHvalen ✭✭✭ Member Posts: 297 ✭✭✭
    This also works as a 2-star farming hand for round 25.