General Discussion

Weekly Challenge Thread

Comments

• DING097DING097 Member Posts: 45 ✭✭
    Rawel said:
    Oh man, 90s cars. I hope later rounds aren't too crazy

Well it isn't that hard, my 90's cars are not the best. I used this hand for the last chapter and it was pretty much easy. 
  • AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Member Posts: 827 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 25
    --deleted-- :good luck all :)
  • bantel_catbantel_cat Member Posts: 842 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Farmy...

• OzzmanOzzman Member Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TBH I'm not sure it's worth farming challanges anymore, even when there's no Austin at stake.
  • bantel_catbantel_cat Member Posts: 842 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ozzman said:
    TBH I'm not sure it's worth farming challanges anymore, even when there's no Austin at stake.
    Every little helps!

But yeah the reward for effort ratio has gone through the floor... seriously should consider my time investment in this game because thinking about it objectively, it is bloody ridiculous the time I spend on this game for so little (well obviously you get sweet FA in reality... but that's another thought for another day)
  • justjukiejustjukie Member Posts: 100 ✭✭✭
    So, anyone have hands that beat Round 23? I don't seem to have anything that can beat the TVR and nothing that makes up enough points to cover the 50 pt loss.
  • JacoJaco Member Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it the Griffith? I beated it with a maxed Viper RT/10. That will do the job

It's the round with the black Chimaera 5.0. I don't mind trying to max the Viper if it can pull it off but not sure if it will be able to.
  • HeissRodHeissRod Member Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    justjukie said:
    So, anyone have hands that beat Round 23? I don't seem to have anything that can beat the TVR and nothing that makes up enough points to cover the 50 pt loss.
    The 1-mile drag?  I used a 996 E500 from the campaign.
    justjukie said:
    It's the round with the black Chimaera 5.0. I don't mind trying to max the Viper if it can pull it off but not sure if it will be able to.
    Than I am mistaken with another round. Don't have the sets clear in mind. Do you have a pic? Maybe I remember than
    edited June 27
    Here we go. I don’t have the E500, one of my mistakes as an early player, fusing it away. Attached the rest of my 90s UR cars. 

Hmmm, and how is your Super Rare corner? Does it maybe contain maxed Mazda's for the twisties?

You lack a capable dragger indeed.
    Yea, that’s what I was afraid. I’ll have to go all in for last Austin it seems.

• lemmings99olemmings99o Member Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you not have a really quick epic or legendary 90's car R390 etc and place a honda beat on the g-force test for a minimal loss?
  • NinjaDesignzNinjaDesignz Member Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you not have a really quick epic or legendary 90's car R390 etc and place a honda beat on the g-force test for a minimal loss?
    Not everyone is lucky enough to get one of those cars 
    Not everyone is lucky enough to get one of those cars 
    True, the Honda beat is hard to get, took me ages to find one.
  • AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Member Posts: 827 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can free 3 Rq by using the Subaru Forester on the raintrack. Though this doesnt solve the dragger dilemma.
    edited June 27
    Nope, highest 90s cars are URs pictured. RNG is my worst enemy. I got plenty of Honda Beats but freeing up RQ isn't the issue if I can't beat the TVR unfortunately.

I'm putting money into that RQ17 BMW as it has great peak power (405) and peak torque (433) [ when compared to the TVR at 330 and 330 respectively ] for its class I just don't know if it will be able to pull it off.

If the Scooby were 996, would it's MRA pass the TVR on the mile?
  • NinjaDesignzNinjaDesignz Member Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    Nah, you have to feed it Scooby snacks for it to pass the TVR 
    edited June 27
    HeissRod said:
    Nah, you have to feed it Scooby snacks for it to pass the TVR 
    So a 996 E500 turns a better mile times than a 996 WRX?  I would not have expected that.
  • BoxtaSBoxtaS Member Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hutch_Tim said:
    justjukie said:
    Here we go. I don’t have the E500, one of my mistakes as an early player, fusing it away. Attached the rest of my 90s UR cars. 

Ah, the Austin challenges can be harsh on those who inadvisably sold campaign cars, as they are usually designed to be beatable by someone who is a bit beyond the campaign - and has the boss cars.

The answer I should give is that there's a 90's CF right there...

It looked solvable though so I couldn't resist trying some thing out. Interestingly that 1994 911 Carrera is your best bet, a car that generally gets overlooked. You wouldn't even have to max it...
    Would it also beat the red TVRs in rounds 24&5? 
  • BoxtaSBoxtaS Member Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do we think there will be a weekend challenge?

And do we think the prizes will have been nerfed? 
  • TopDrives40778TopDrives40778 Member Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes and no
    If the prizes are nurfed then WE RIOT!!!!
  • David_FookDavid_Fook Member Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BoxtaS said:
    Do we think there will be a weekend challenge?

And do we think the prizes will have been nerfed? 
    Prizes are good, 3 CF, 10 slots
  • Hutch_TimHutch_Tim Administrator, Hutch Staff Posts: 615 admin
    Austin Winner's challenge tickets appear to be at 3 hours instead of the intended 1 hour. Seeing if it's possible to fix that now...