Weekly Challenge Thread

Comments

• James_PearceJames_Pearce Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moog said:
    I think my favourite would be at event start you choose either normal or hard, and have either a Ceramic or CF pack as a reward.
    Normal would probably be an Alu. Can’t just be giving CFs away when there’s money to be made. 
  • BasilBasil Posts: 284 ✭✭✭
    Moog said:
    Moog said:
    I think my favourite would be at event start you choose either normal or hard, and have either a Ceramic or CF pack as a reward.
    This is actually an interesting idea. I don't think hutch would go for cf but for instance an ultra as a reward if all of the cars you fight against are maxed...?
    Yea, it shouldn't be easy. If a CF pack is deemed too much for them, create a Challenge Pack.
    Personally, the weekly challenges are my favourite part of the game, so any TLC that can be applied to it gets my vote.
    Same here. For a reason I still don't know the personal challanges I like the most. Maybe because there is much less pressure because you can't loose points or places. Or I'm a loone wolf,.. that can be also the case :wink:
  • BasilBasil Posts: 284 ✭✭✭
    I have pointed out this before, personally Hutch can stop doing the daily rewards (who really enjoys that one???) and at this to the weekly challange. Like Moog suggested: You can choose for the soft-medium-hard version (I added one to have more levels) . Prices according to them.
  • AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Basil, its never a good idea to take something away We learned here that rebalancing is a bad word lol.And i like my weekly ceramic from the rewards.
    Two level of difficulty sounds fun, but given the mountain of problems atm, i see no chance to happen that soon.
  • David_FookDavid_Fook Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’d really appreciate more difficult challenges. Not since the RS200 prize have I had to do anything other than throw cards down. I appreciate it needs to be accessible to all but a hard challenge every now and then would get the juices flowing
  • AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ahhh that RS200 challenge, one of the last i didnt complete. Really great prize, took me many month to finally get that car.
  • O__VERO__VER Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Anyone managed to pass round 19? How is that Renault managing that Test Bowl on slicks? What specific Renault do we need to beat it? I can't beat it and I can't make up enough points elsewhere to offset the loss.
  • James_PearceJames_Pearce Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭✭✭
    O__VER said:
    Anyone managed to pass round 19? How is that Renault managing that Test Bowl on slicks? What specific Renault do we need to beat it? I can't beat it and I can't make up enough points elsewhere to offset the loss.
    I did it with the black Megane 969 (on the drag - lost by 50), three DeZirs (one 969, two 699), and a 969 F1 Twizy on the karting circuit.  
  • bluedogsnoopbluedogsnoop Posts: 714 ✭✭✭✭✭
    O__VER said:
    Mine was below. I lost the TB but won others enough. Score was 311-50 or similar. 

O__VER said:
    I did it with the black Megane 969 (on the drag - lost by 50), three DeZirs (one 969, two 699), and a 969 F1 Twizy on the karting circuit.  
    Thanks mate. Not sure why I never considered the Twizy F1. I don't have a third Dezir but I can probably substitute that for something else when I try again.
  • kaje73kaje73 Posts: 256 ✭✭✭
    O__VER said:
    Mine was similar. Used these to get through all 5 on this set. 

• vossixvossix Posts: 489 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    This hand make it 312:50

The yellow Megane in race 3 and the DeZirs for the last 2 races. 

• Blue2moroBlue2moro Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My hand for all 5 sets. Cant remember what beat what but I think it was 350-100. So just made it.

• kolov7kolov7 Posts: 283 ✭✭✭
    O__VER said:
    Use twizy on slalom and use europa on test bowl
  • Destroyer2k11999Destroyer2k11999 Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My hand 

Made it through. Thanks for the ideas guys.
  • bantel_catbantel_cat Posts: 969 ✭✭✭✭✭
    On one of the last rounds (22?) there is the RS01 on 0-100. Can someone grab it's 0-60 and 0-100 so we can see what the MRA is like. I missed it.
  • Hutch_TimHutch_Tim Posts: 648 admin
    I like people calling out for a tougher challenge, and tend to agree with it too. That RS200 one back in the day forced me to put a fuse in my 675LT, but I never regretted it.

This week's challenge has a little bit of difficulty to it, which is nice. More generally I'm looking into how the next challenge series can offer regular harder challenges, without making it almost impossible to "complete" the series.

I remember the time, were tim said, that they are trying new ways of rewarding in the weekly challenge. That they would evaluate the data and listen to feedback about the new prizes and structure of the weekly event. But after changing it, we never got any information again. It just continued to be only ceramic packs as the big prize.

The only feedback i have gathered (from this forum) was negative. The majority doesnt want the ceramic pack. So my question ist, to which feedback/Data do you listen to keep going this way? @Hutch_Tim

Yep, fair question. One of the most important measures is how many people enter the challenge. That's now up by about 25%-33%. Offering a specific car at the end also seemed to leave just about nobody happy - every week was one of:

- Any C: useless
    - B with an easy challenge: pointless, now everyone has it
    - B with a hard challenge: only people who win it don't need it

The whole prize board rebalance is obviously contentious for Events, but I think at least in the case of the Challenge it's unambiguously better. It was always inefficient and weird to farm the challenge. Putting way more cash into the zone-end prizes seems a lot more sensible.
  • MoogMoog Posts: 423 ✭✭✭✭
    Instead of picking an easy/medium/hard challenge, it could be implemented by people signing up to more and more restrictions which give the increased prizes.
  • TopDrives40778TopDrives40778 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    On one of the last rounds (22?) there is the RS01 on 0-100. Can someone grab it's 0-60 and 0-100 so we can see what the MRA is like. I missed it.

Cool, thanks.

So 3.2/(6.3-3.2)= 103 MRA... Nice
    I'm feeling decidedly weird and inefficient this evening...

First two lose but ends up 319-100
  • MoogMoog Posts: 423 ✭✭✭✭
    I found it a little odd that in round 22 I faced 3 common and 2 uncommon opponents...
  • Blue2moroBlue2moro Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Forgot to post my farming hand, soz.
    1st race loses by 50, everything else wins by 50.

• KeatingKeating Posts: 125 ✭✭✭
    Hutch_Tim said:
    I like people calling out for a tougher challenge, and tend to agree with it too. That RS200 one back in the day forced me to put a fuse in my 675LT, but I never regretted it.

This week's challenge has a little bit of difficulty to it, which is nice. More generally I'm looking into how the next challenge series can offer regular harder challenges, without making it almost impossible to "complete" the series.

I remember the time, were tim said, that they are trying new ways of rewarding in the weekly challenge. That they would evaluate the data and listen to feedback about the new prizes and structure of the weekly event. But after changing it, we never got any information again. It just continued to be only ceramic packs as the big prize.

The only feedback i have gathered (from this forum) was negative. The majority doesnt want the ceramic pack. So my question ist, to which feedback/Data do you listen to keep going this way? @Hutch_Tim

Yep, fair question. One of the most important measures is how many people enter the challenge. That's now up by about 25%-33%. Offering a specific car at the end also seemed to leave just about nobody happy - every week was one of:

- Any C: useless
    - B with an easy challenge: pointless, now everyone has it
    - B with a hard challenge: only people who win it don't need it

The whole prize board rebalance is obviously contentious for Events, but I think at least in the case of the Challenge it's unambiguously better. It was always inefficient and weird to farm the challenge. Putting way more cash into the zone-end prizes seems a lot more sensible.
    Thanks for not responding to my point about whether low RQ cars should be useful in challenges again. Only furthers the idea that low RQ cars in this game are now more useless than ever.
  • HvalenHvalen Posts: 298 ✭✭✭

Cool, thanks.

It has some upgrades to it, so 103 might not be entirely accurate. It's hella fast though, beat my 699 Megane by 0.1 I believe.
  • TopDrives40778TopDrives40778 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hvalen said:

Cool, thanks.

It has some upgrades to it, so 103 might not be entirely accurate. It's hella fast though, beat my 699 Megane by 0.1 I believe.
    MRA stays relatively the same no matter the upgrade
  • MSteeLMSteeL Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So every challenge gonna have same prizes now?