General Discussion

Weekly Challenge Thread

Comments

• kaje73kaje73 Member Posts: 163 ✭✭✭
    justjukie said:
    Can anyone post their winning hands on round 19. I can’t find anything to beat this with what I have.
    This hand just about does it (in this order):
    12c 333
    quattro 969 
    green hellcat 963
    firebird 963
    renault Europa 969
  • RWareRWare Member Posts: 533 ✭✭✭✭
    This hand does it with 11RQ to spare

969 Europa
    969 RQ15 Quattro
    99x Plymouth GTX
    333 Chiron (wins by 0.90 sec!!)
    969 Europa
  • joel24joel24 Member Posts: 667 ✭✭✭
    justjukie said:
    Can anyone post their winning hands on round 19. I can’t find anything to beat this with what I have.

This is what I used in the same order. The twizy does pretty good on hairpin
  • BoxtaSBoxtaS Member Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    So, that just happened

The MRA is ridiculous / bugged. The Copo is gaining on the 918 by the end of the drag. The 918 that has 350 more bhp and the same mass. 

What makes the Copo so fast if it’s not power, torque or mass? Steely determination? 
  • joel24joel24 Member Posts: 667 ✭✭✭
    BoxtaS said:
    HeissRod said:
    So, that just happened

The MRA is ridiculous / bugged. The Copo is gaining on the 918 by the end of the drag. The 918 that has 350 more bhp and the same mass. 

What makes the Copo so fast if it’s not power, torque or mass? Steely determination? 
    The copo is made purely to drag race. The suspension, this tires, everything is drag focused.tbh, it should even beat Bugattis.
  • BoxtaSBoxtaS Member Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    joel24 said:
    The copo is made purely to drag race. The suspension, this tires, everything is drag focused.tbh, it should even beat Bugattis.
    Yeah? Well I looked it up.
    And it looks like you’re right 😂

2012 Copo Camaro should actually beat 918 spider on 1/4M ( depending on engine variant) 
  • Ivo_KamburovIvo_Kamburov Member Posts: 742 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 14
    Skip to 5:55 I was quite surprised what's possible lol (further info if you don't wanna watch the whole video: it has 1200hp and 2-speed powerglide transmission) 

• evilprofesseurevilprofesseur Member Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably doesn't help much, but a chiron does indeed beat the camaro
  • Blue2moroBlue2moro Member Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 14
    Weird error on round 21. Requirements said 150 max RQ & open match so selected a hand and got a server error appear as the 1st race started. Restarted the app and got these weird leftovers. Looks like the RQ limit is supposed to be 110 with 3x Audis.

• degoodegoo Member Posts: 37
    justjukie said:
    Was a hard one... mine, in order:
    Camaro Z/28 969
    Audi Quattro 20v 969
    Plymouth GTX 99x
    McLaren 12C 363 (lost just by 50!)
    Jaguar XJ-S Trans-Am 969

• Ivo_KamburovIvo_Kamburov Member Posts: 742 ✭✭✭✭
    Skip to 5:55 I was quite surprised what's possible lol (further info if you don't wanna watch the whole video: it has 1200hp and 2-speed powerglide transmission) 

Bruh, who flagged me... 😂 I was just showing what a purpose-built drag car can do, to kinda defend the camaro's performance 🙄
    Won without really thinking. All these just won by 50pts each. Pick 1 to put a loser in if you want to farm.

• KeatingKeating Member Posts: 76 ✭✭

Bruh, who flagged me... 😂 I was just showing what a purpose-built drag car can do, to kinda defend the camaro's performance 🙄
    I flagged you, because I’m tired of getting alerts to this thread only to see people posting off topic things. I’m stuck on round 24 and instead of seeing posts in this thread about people’s hands I’m seeing videos that have nothing to do with the challenge 
  • KeatingKeating Member Posts: 76 ✭✭
    Ok fair enough 
  • LEGENDNADALEGENDNADA Member Posts: 913 ✭✭✭✭
    When will be the last austin challenge?
  • NinjaDesignzNinjaDesignz Member Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably at the end of the month
  • MrpiratepeteMrpiratepete Member Posts: 269 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 17
    Probably at the end of the month
    They will probably lose a majority of their long time players after it, so waiting for the end of the month to host the last challenge seems reasonable.
    Milk the cow as long as possible. :)
    As long as its before Borderlands 3 comes out then that works out very nicely for me.
  • HeissRodHeissRod Member Posts: 4,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blue2moro said:
    Paging @HeissRod
    Looking at the past event start dates, I would guess it will start this coming weekend.
  • NinjaDesignzNinjaDesignz Member Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really hutch, again with the Saloon restriction 😡
  • justjukiejustjukie Member Posts: 80 ✭✭✭
    BoxtaS said:
    Hutch_Tim said:
    justjukie said:
    Here we go. I don’t have the E500, one of my mistakes as an early player, fusing it away. Attached the rest of my 90s UR cars. 

Ah, the Austin challenges can be harsh on those who inadvisably sold campaign cars, as they are usually designed to be beatable by someone who is a bit beyond the campaign - and has the boss cars.

The answer I should give is that there's a 90's CF right there...

It looked solvable though so I couldn't resist trying some thing out. Interestingly that 1994 911 Carrera is your best bet, a car that generally gets overlooked. You wouldn't even have to max it...
    Would it also beat the red TVRs in rounds 24&5? 
    I too would be interested to know this. I don't know if I should throw the cash at it if it wouldn't get me past next two rounds as well.
  • AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Member Posts: 658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    Blue2moro said:
    Paging @HeissRod
    Looking at the past event start dates, I would guess it will start this coming weekend.
    First we get the weekly challenge rewarding the last Austin, should start next week.  The weekend after the porsche is given out. In my theory.
  • OzzmanOzzman Member Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 21
    Should anyone still farm the land, let me give you a hand:
    -179, +50, +77, +94, +115 -> 336-179

I went for a slightly simpler one. All win by 50 except race 3 which loses by 50.

• bantel_catbantel_cat Member Posts: 816 ✭✭✭✭
    Ugghh, don't think I can finish this one.
    My best Pontiac is the RQ16 Grand Prix which means I am going to lose one of the first two races whatever.
    Only hope is that the 918 can score 150+ in race 2, which it didn't do in Round 24, can't remember what tune that Solstice had in 24
  • AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Member Posts: 658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My 2 star farm, switch the Bmw for the win. Last two cars are stock, Bmw weirdly 313, so it has 7 basic upgrades in it.