General Discussion

Weekly Challenge Thread

Comments

• hajduk_fanhajduk_fan Member Posts: 293 ✭✭✭
    Unfortunately probably no.

That's the one i had most trouble with until i made some other switches and used XT to beat Elan

• TGPDTGPD Member Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trying the RQ11 MX-5
    Please work...
  • LEGENDNADALEGENDNADA Member Posts: 940 ✭✭✭✭
    TGPD said:
    Anyone... Anything that draws/beats the Elan on round 13 that isn't the Elan itself or the XT?
    I'm stuck in the same round
  • Blue2moroBlue2moro Member Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Multiple tunes of both too.
  • HeissRodHeissRod Member Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 1
    I've got a 699 Elan and hardly ever use it anymore.  450 races with a 60% win ratio, over the last 522 days.
  • kaje73kaje73 Member Posts: 182 ✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    I've got a 699 Elan and hardly ever use it anymore.  450 races with a 60% win ratio, over the last 522 days.
    Similar here. My 699 has won 52% of its 380 races. Owned for 568 days. 
    I'm not saying you need them to run multiple times daily or even weekly. However, I've had use for both 969/699 Elan and 996/969 XT over the past few months.
  • HeissRodHeissRod Member Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kaje73 said:
    HeissRod said:
    Similar here. My 699 has won 52% of its 380 races. Owned for 568 days. 
    I think a physics change a few updates back made it less useful.
    Round 24 farm
    +70 +50 +50 +70 -50

• OzzmanOzzman Member Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Round 25 farming hand, loss against the PP, just managed 442-206:

• AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Member Posts: 824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaco said:
    Squadala said:
    Seriously, what the flying **** is going on here? Is there a any explanation in patch notes or ANYTHING, why is never gonna be anything than a garbage ceramic pack in this thing?
    All this Ultra Rares in the final stages has caused way to much inflation. Hutch had to do something about that, so now they balancing things
    Right, too many people upgraded their 4th yellow banana, it were just too many ultra rares out there. Gotta start somewhere to stop it.
  • MrpiratepeteMrpiratepete Member Posts: 386 ✭✭✭✭
    Hutch_Tim said:
    I like people calling out for a tougher challenge, and tend to agree with it too. That RS200 one back in the day forced me to put a fuse in my 675LT, but I never regretted it.

This week's challenge has a little bit of difficulty to it, which is nice. More generally I'm looking into how the next challenge series can offer regular harder challenges, without making it almost impossible to "complete" the series.

I remember the time, were tim said, that they are trying new ways of rewarding in the weekly challenge. That they would evaluate the data and listen to feedback about the new prizes and structure of the weekly event. But after changing it, we never got any information again. It just continued to be only ceramic packs as the big prize.

The only feedback i have gathered (from this forum) was negative. The majority doesnt want the ceramic pack. So my question ist, to which feedback/Data do you listen to keep going this way? @Hutch_Tim

Yep, fair question. One of the most important measures is how many people enter the challenge. That's now up by about 25%-33%. Offering a specific car at the end also seemed to leave just about nobody happy - every week was one of:

- Any C: useless
    - B with an easy challenge: pointless, now everyone has it
    - B with a hard challenge: only people who win it don't need it

The whole prize board rebalance is obviously contentious for Events, but I think at least in the case of the Challenge it's unambiguously better. It was always inefficient and weird to farm the challenge. Putting way more cash into the zone-end prizes seems a lot more sensible.
    Just gonna quote this statement from Tim as a reminder.
    vossix said:
    When the price is a Carbon at the end and not a Ceramic I think all player are happy. 
    Cough Inflation
    There's always a go to car though. Before the Dezir it was just as many Stealths as you could + the requirement. Now those were easy challenges.
  • evilprofesseurevilprofesseur Member Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blue2moro said:
    There's always a go to car though. Before the Dezir it was just as many Stealths as you could + the requirement. Now those were easy challenges.
    also there's a reason why every low rq challenge is all rain. the reason is called Twizy F1
  • PulsatingstarPulsatingstar Member Posts: 152 ✭✭✭
    Well then I'd be up for 5 rounds of beat the Dezir. All maxed, 90RQ.  Maybe one could be placed sub optimally so your 969 beats 699. Throw in a mid length drag, maybe a wet slalom and fast circuit.

I'd actually need to think about that.  City streets could maybe be used in earlier rounds. Easy win but RQ saving would give you more options for the other tracks.

Would love to just have some well thought out rounds that make me jumble my hand in between sets. 
  • mikesmikes Member Posts: 3,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well. Not finishing this one. None of the fancier Epic lotus in my hand. 
  • REALAISREALAIS Member Posts: 190 ✭✭✭
    edited September 18
    Yeah, Agree. Round 23 is too much. Challenge to push people buy CF in hope for Epic 2 eleven or UR 340r. That is only 25% chance to pull that UR and still you would need some fuses. Not worth it at all for 1 ceramic. Bad challenge xD
    edited September 18
    Round 22 seems a bit tough without a lotus better than B.
    I like harder challenges but impossible ones without a specific car are ****. Smh
  • bertmcfishbertmcfish Member Posts: 160 ✭✭✭
    edited September 18
    Round 22 seems a bit tough without a lotus better than B.
    I like harder challenges but impossible ones without a specific car are ****. Smh
    Agreed. I have 2 maxed 340R and still can’t do it! 

Just to add, I’m using 5 URs, 4 of which are maxed!
    Post edited by bertmcfish on
    I'm stuck at round 23 with 5 maxed URs (Carlton, Esprit S4, Elise 135, and 2x 340R). I have the epic Esprit stock, it would maybe get me the 4 missing points, but I'm not touching it for a Ceramic. Well, you can't win 'em all.
  • JacoJaco Member Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ozzman said:
    I'm stuck at round 23 with 5 maxed URs (Carlton, Esprit S4, Elise 135, and 2x 340R). I have the epic Esprit stock, it would maybe get me the 4 missing points, but I'm not touching it for a Ceramic. Well, you can't win 'em all.
    But when rumours are right, it will also be usefull in the coming finals, so it is not a wasted fuse at all.
  • TimButTimBut Member Posts: 959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Earlier it was always exciting to find out whats gonna be in next weekly challenge. Now its always **** Ceramic.   Even here Robin set a routine. 

Whats next? Daily login bonus - everyday 500 cash? 

edited September 18
    Jaco said:
    Ozzman said:
    But when rumours are right, it will also be usefull in the coming finals, so it is not a wasted fuse at all.
    Yeah, but it's still just a RQ23 epic, and the rest of my 90s UK garage is also far from competitive, so... Anyway, I'll try different permutations of these five cars, and see if I can do better.
    TimBut said:
    Earlier it was always exciting to find out whats gonna be in next weekly challenge. Now its always **** Ceramic.   Even here Robin set a routine. 

Whats next? Daily login bonus - everyday 500 cash? 

Well there's not much surprise in the daily logins are there? One Alu, one Ceramic, and all the other days are not even worth mentioning.
  • PulsatingstarPulsatingstar Member Posts: 152 ✭✭✭
    edited September 18
    If it helps I done 23 with the following

333 2-11
    996 Carlton
    699 340R
    699 340R (loses)
    699 Esprit S4 (loses)

I think both 340s could be changed for 135s esp the one that lost.  If I was still struggling I'd try the S4 on race one and losing the Hillclimb with a 340 or Elise.

Looks like the key is speed on the first two tracks.