General Discussion

Weekly Challenge Thread

Comments

• hajduk_fanhajduk_fan Member Posts: 293 ✭✭✭
    edited September 19
    it's screwed when it basically comes down to car specific challenge

i cleared last 50ish weekly challenges without much trouble but won't clear this one because i dont have either 340R or 2-eleven

if it was just 4 Lotus and 5 UK i would be able to because i have Caterham R500
  • 0171801718 Member Posts: 103 ✭✭✭

O__VER said:
    TGPD said:
    Hutch could trial an improved version of Weekly Challenges. Instead of only having 1 challenge and people who finished it have nothing to do, they should implement a game mode whereby there are many challenges and the aim is to finish as many as possible. Ticket buying should be banned. Prizes get increasingly better over a few sets of tournaments and there is a time limit (e.g. two weeks). I feel that this would compensate for the loss in prizeboard prizes.
    I had an idea but I'm not sure how it would go down with people:

What about a challenge that is reasonably difficult at first and maybe rewards three ceramics, for the sake of this example. If you can fly through and complete it in minimum tickets, you get three ceramics. A few days before the end, it gets slightly easier for those who haven't been able to make it yet. It now rewards two ceramics on completion. Finally, on the last day when many people have already completed it, it gets easier again and now only rewards a single ceramic pack.

I think this is a nice way of rewarding people for trying and rewarding garages of differing levels. I can't imagine a new player's struggles with this week's challenge if there are people who have played for nearly two years and can't finish it.
    I like @O__VER's Idea because players who cant finish have an advantage of some farming before they finish. Also the variation between 1 and 3 ceramics sounds reasonable. What I would not like is a type of game mode that just benefits the stronger players. New players must not be discouraged to play.
  • OzzmanOzzman Member Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem with the weekly challange is that most of the times it's either too hard, or too easy. Sure there are some players every week who find the challange "just right" (I was one of them this week), but a game mode should please all (or at least the majority) of the player base. I understand that it's hard to make a challange that suits so many different garages, but that's why the weekly challange should be a bit more complex than just 25 fixed stages for all the players. Something like the ideas mentioned here.
  • bestoffivebestoffive Member Posts: 35 ✭✭
    This lineup helped me through round 23, 24 and 25
  • OzzmanOzzman Member Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ozzman said:
    The problem with the weekly challange is that most of the times it's either too hard, or too easy. Sure there are some players every week who find the challange "just right" (I was one of them this week), but a game mode should please all (or at least the majority) of the player base. I understand that it's hard to make a challange that suits so many different garages, but that's why the weekly challange should be a bit more complex than just 25 fixed stages for all the players. Something like the ideas mentioned here.
    Nothing wrong with a hard challenge, it’s not called the weekly giveaway. The problem is they haven’t recognised it was a hard challenge and increased the rewards accordingly. You’d be mad to fuse up even an UR to win a ceramic, slots however, or an UR / CF and you’d get no complaints. @Hutch_Tim
    Yeah I agree, a hard challange for the same prize is not a good idea. :)
    But to be fair, the definition of a 'hard challange' is not that obvious I guess. For me this Lotus challange was OK, but had it been 5x RUF, I'd call it impossible. For others is may be the other way around.
  • xaratsarhsxaratsarhs Member Posts: 81 ✭✭✭
    Or maybe just make 3 challenges every week but everyone gets to pick only one

Easy one that gives ceramic as best reward, medium that gives specific B class car and hard that gives CF. Also, cash prizes increase with each difficulty.
    Why not to complete all 3 of them, this could be very entertaining for all players and none will ever mention Campaign any more.
    This actually could be far more better than the campaign, and it will be challenging, fun and rewarding at the same time, after all that is games all about.
    Don't mind me, some times I forget that this is not a game, is it?

• MrpiratepeteMrpiratepete Member Posts: 386 ✭✭✭✭
    As much as I like some proposals, we all know what's going to prevent them. Inflation...
    You really think they would triple the prices of weekly challenges when we can't even have Events ending on Tuesday and Saturday?
  • HeissRodHeissRod Member Posts: 4,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    O__VER said:
    TGPD said:
    Hutch could trial an improved version of Weekly Challenges. Instead of only having 1 challenge and people who finished it have nothing to do, they should implement a game mode whereby there are many challenges and the aim is to finish as many as possible. Ticket buying should be banned. Prizes get increasingly better over a few sets of tournaments and there is a time limit (e.g. two weeks). I feel that this would compensate for the loss in prizeboard prizes.

What about a challenge that is reasonably difficult at first and maybe rewards three ceramics, for the sake of this example. If you can fly through and complete it in minimum tickets, you get three ceramics. A few days before the end, it gets slightly easier for those who haven't been able to make it yet. It now rewards two ceramics on completion. Finally, on the last day when many people have already completed it, it gets easier again and now only rewards a single ceramic pack.

I think this is a nice way of rewarding people for trying and rewarding garages of differing levels. I can't imagine a new player's struggles with this week's challenge if there are people who have played for nearly two years and can't finish it.
    This would also get rid of farming, which Hutch would like.
    HeissRod said:
    O__VER said:
    TGPD said:

This would also get rid of farming, which Hutch would like.
    @HeissRod Sarcasm?

Regardless, I still don't get the dislike towards farming. If it's true that only a minority of the player base does it (mentioned multiple times by Hutch), then why bother?

I still believe that the whole reason why daily prizes were nerfed are smurfers and not clubs. On one hand they say smurfers are just a minority and they can't listen to their "wishes" because of this but on the other hand we seem to be such a big problem that they want to remove the ability to do it. So what is it now?

Same inconsistency as ever.
  • chemineecheminee Member Posts: 23
    Or maybe just make 3 challenges every week but everyone gets to pick only one

Easy one that gives ceramic as best reward, medium that gives specific B class car and hard that gives CF. Also, cash prizes increase with each difficulty.
    Was thinking the same. Hutch can also implement this idea with events: choose which car you want to win: 1 group with S, A, B, C prizes. 1 group with A, B, B, C prizes and one group with B, C, C, D prizes or somethibg like that.

That way, when you don't have a specific car (like a Lingengfelter/ford GT for last tri series) to win a S car, you can still compete for a lower tier prize car.

Or, instead of different tiers of cars, let the players choose which car they want to win, for example: offroad epic, 0-100 epic and a handling epic. Or maybe 70s, 80s, 90s cars. The possibilities are endless.
  • degoodegoo Member Posts: 39
    wow I made it!! Passed 23!!
    3.2 - 3.1 - 3.3 Elise 135 ---> 76
    333 Lotus Exige S -------------> 224
    969 Lotus Elise 111 ---------> 50
    696 Lotus Elise 111 ----------> -50
    699 Lotus 340R -----------------> -50

350 - 100!!! YES!!!
  • AvengedAvenged Member Posts: 431 ✭✭✭✭
    O__VER said:
    TGPD said:

I really like this idea. It's lame that the challenge is undoable with either 5 maxed B Lotus or 4 maxed B and either of 2 very specific A Lotus.

At least the prize sucks.
  • rkorallerkoralle Member Posts: 679 ✭✭✭
    I have the carlton 2x 340r and 2x elise 135 and cant pass stage 23.
    Wont buy cf to get a single ceramic....
  • hajduk_fanhajduk_fan Member Posts: 293 ✭✭✭
    I bought CF but not because of this, it was because i think Lotus CF is probably the most valuable one and because i still don't have 340R.

There is no bad car and every one have at least some use.
  • RWareRWare Member Posts: 663 ✭✭✭✭

Whilst I agree that the CF is tasty, I think some Legend Exige owners might have something to say on this :P
  • evilprofesseurevilprofesseur Member Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RWare said:

Whilst I agree that the CF is tasty, I think some Legend Exige owners might have something to say on this :P
    eh, helped me get the viper GTS-R so it's all right in my book.
  • HeissRodHeissRod Member Posts: 4,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    *Now that the 111S is a Super Rare
  • bertmcfishbertmcfish Member Posts: 160 ✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    *Now that the 111S is a Super Rare
    Desperate for a decent lotus, preferably the 2-11 but I’d have been happy with even a Carlton, I got stiffed with another 340r and a 135. FML
  • MoogMoog Member Posts: 363 ✭✭✭✭
    Phew, completed, and my best Lotus was a 2-11 S'charged at 333. Others included S4, Carlton, 111S and 135.
    Good challenge that, made me fuse my 111S up from stock.
  • REALAISREALAIS Member Posts: 190 ✭✭✭
    edited September 20
    They should lower to x4 Lotus in last day. Sk I can claim that Ceramic. 
    REALAIS said:
    They should lower to x4 Lotus in last day. Sk I can claim that Ceramic. 
    Yes they should. But hey it's as always. We give them feedback, talk about it for a week and we don't even get any recognition.
    Only silence

• Blue2moroBlue2moro Member Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 20
    So near, yet so far. 259-50 was the closest I could get. That was with 2 epic 2-11s but basically **** all at UR. Still missing 340R, S4 & Carlton after 1.5yrs+.

Pull the trigger Gaz, put me out my misery.
    Another week, another ceramic.
    Round 24, race 4. This kept up well with my 699 Furai, especially considering it's only 306 tuned.

• TGPDTGPD Member Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The M1 should end up 3.0/100.
    Then it should be quite mid-range heavy then...
    edited September 25
    Round 25 farming hand (all my cars were 969 except the last RX-7 which was 996).
    +50 RQ22 6 MPS
    -50 RQ9 RX-7
    +50 RQ20 Cosmo
    +50 RQ16 RX-8 Spirit R
    +50 RQ14 RX-7 Turbo

Post edited by Blue2moro on
  • RWareRWare Member Posts: 663 ✭✭✭✭
    TGPD said:
    The M1 should end up 3.0/100.
    Then it should be quite mid-range heavy then...
    A worthy challenger to the Banana?