Weekly Challenge Thread

Comments

• AvengedAvenged Posts: 520 ✭✭✭✭
    AdxRE said:

Round 18 is Impossible when my best IT/IR car is an UR after 600+ days of playing/paying. And Yes I did buy the IR Elite pack plus the IR CF when PL10 just dropped.

Echoing this. Now even the challenge modes require you to whale hard.

Quite ridiculous, Hutch. With my drop rates I'd probably need to open 200 CFs just to pass this and get a Ceramic, which will then drop a useless RQ15 car.

Talk about poor returns.
  • StyxingerStyxinger Posts: 150 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    OK I made it:
     alfa 4c rq 20 Lambo 500s Disco and 124 Abarth spider with alfa guilia tz

Took a countach LP500s at 4,7sec and 87 grip for the slot 4, loses by 50
    333 8c disco for the fiat, wins by 110
    633 4c in slot 5 wins by 91
    969 15 rq alfa guilia tz in slot 2
    and the 124 abarth spider slot 1

goes with 301 to 50
    guilia tz doesnt need to be maxed, but I think the 4c needs one upgrade
  • KeatingKeating Posts: 125 ✭✭✭
    This weeks challenge does not look promising. They’re offering a RUF cf for 1599G that lasts until the challenge ends on Friday. I’m assuming the final round will be anywhere between 3x-5x RUF. As an F2P player I only have two, a B-Class and C-class one. How are non whales supposed to clear this round?
  • MrpiratepeteMrpiratepete Posts: 968 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keating said:
    This weeks challenge does not look promising. They’re offering a RUF cf for 1599G that lasts until the challenge ends on Friday. I’m assuming the final round will be anywhere between 3x-5x RUF. As an F2P player I only have two, a B-Class and C-class one. How are non whales supposed to clear this round?
    My question is, if this challenge is again as difficult as the last one, why don't they increase the prize properly...same old stinky ceramic as always...
  • OzzmanOzzman Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Keating said:
    My question is, if this challenge is again as difficult as the last one, why don't they increase the prize properly...same old stinky ceramic as always...
    Can you imagine the damage a CF could do? Mere mortals like us suddenly pulling RQ19 BMWs?
    Post edited by Ozzman on
  • Parimal_2000Parimal_2000 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭
    Keating said:
    How are non whales supposed to clear this round?
    The answer is WE DON'T.
  • bantel_catbantel_cat Posts: 968 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hutch, can we please have the occasional UR like in the good old days? Pretty Please?
  • BoxtaSBoxtaS Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hutch, can we please have the occasional UR like in the good old days? Pretty Please?
    Woah woah woah, lets not be crazy here. With all the money we’re making from clubs, if they gave us an UR once a month we’d all have 10 Chirons by Christmas! 
  • Blue2moroBlue2moro Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BoxtaS said:
    Woah woah woah, lets not be crazy here. With all the money we’re making from clubs, if they gave us an UR once a month we’d all have 10 Chirons by Christmas! 
    Pfft, Chirons are so last season dahling. Lambos are so hot right now.
  • evilprofesseurevilprofesseur Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭✭✭
    be reasonable, we'd be facing zimbabwe levels of inflation in no time!
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 7,340 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keating said:
    By not selling all of their low RQ cars, like people seem to be doing these days. 
  • 0171801718 Posts: 494 ✭✭✭
    BoxtaS said:
    Lets see...30 days a month...2 days a season...150 gold per season....heck, they are literally giving you a free CF every month! (yet you miss out on a lot of ceramics because of this.)
  • REALAISREALAIS Posts: 901 ✭✭✭✭
    150 gold per season? Not even top players could get that on average. So false advertisment.

Even being Legacy and getting 50 exp everyday on Average maybe I am getting 130-135.

If you dont play clubs at all you can get only

1st 112g
    2nd 87g
    3rd 62g
    Yeah, I'm lucky to get much more than 100-110 per season. Burnt out on clubs. I'm not even getting my 50xp anymore.
  • REALAISREALAIS Posts: 901 ✭✭✭✭
    I  am getting 111 as minimum for 3rd place.
    And for 2nd place around 136
    And for first usually 161
  • greddygreddy Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Deleted
  • GT47LMGT47LM Posts: 424 ✭✭✭✭

Is the yellow bird the new drag king? The yellow bird was tuned to 201 while my BTR2 is 333. The yellow bird caught up really quickly on straights, but only lost due to turns
    Round 25 farming
    +75 -73 +50 +50 +50

edited October 2019
    BoxtaS said:
    Blue2moro said:
    Round 25 farming
    +75 -73 +50 +50 +50

5-6 tickets per day at ~$250 earned per ticket just isn’t worth the effort of farming imo 👎

#bring back old prize boards 
    To quote Tim:
    "The whole prize board rebalance nerf is obviously contentious for Events, but I think at least in the case of the Challenge it's unambiguously better. It was always inefficient and weird to farm the challenge. Putting way more cash into the zone-end prizes seems a lot more sensible."

Before the nerf it wasnt inefficient and definitely not weird. But after the nerf? Yes it really became inefficient and I stopped farming the weekly challenge about 2-3 weeks ago. I feel like it's just not worth my time...
    Horses for courses. I can clear 2 more boards and then pull the 2 gold & 3 Ds from a 3rd with my last 5 picks. It's not much but it's something at least.
    Blue2moro said:
    Horses for courses. I can clear 2 more boards and then pull the 2 gold & 3 Ds from a 3rd with my last 5 picks. It's not much but it's something at least.
    Yeah of course. It's just a matter of opinion. For me it's not worth it anymore, doesn't mean that it's the same for others.
    I still farm the challange but only because I hate to wait from Wednesday to Sunday for the new one to start. This way it gives me the feeling that the challange really lasts for almost a week and not just 2 and a half days. But yeah other than that it's not really worth it, I know.
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 7,340 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Stage 6 has the Maserati 250F on the 1/2 Mile Santa Monica drag.  It runs it in 14.03 seconds with a 2.2/1/1 tune.  For comparison, that's 0.50 seconds slower than a 996 Mercedes S55.  Figured we might want record of this for when it gets released.
    Here's a nice, simple farming hand. The first four races are +50 each, all won by a small margin, the last one is -50 lost by a small margin. Plenty of RQ left to finish the challange.

• justjukiejustjukie Posts: 159 ✭✭✭
    Anyone have winning hands for round 21? With 3 off road and the TriBeCa on 5th race?
  • greddygreddy Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did 21 - 23 with this one, now waiting tickets.

Brera test bowl, 
    Porsche drag, 
    Caddilac fast circuit, 
    Ranger gforce
    Tribeca hairpin
  • TGPDTGPD Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Trailblazer 996 wins round 4.
    I used a Torrent GXP for round 5.
  • AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rq14 Nissan Terrano works as a RQ saver for the last track. Wins all but round 25 (which is easy on other tracks, loss doesnt matter)