Skip to content

Weekly Challenge Thread

Comments

• HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 7,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone said there was an issue and it would start tomorrow?
  • RawelRawel Posts: 948 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Challenge is live
  • alpashkalpashk Posts: 102 ✭✭✭
    edited February 17
    So we have, basically, lost 10 tickets, without any compensation. And what if the challenge is so hard, that those 10 tickets would be crucial for it's completion? (ofc not, but still)
  • REALAISREALAIS Posts: 904 ✭✭✭✭
    alpashk said:
    So we have, basically, lost 10 tickets, without any compensation. And what if the challenge is so hard, that those 10 tickets would be crucial for it's completion? (ofc not, but still)
    It is almost 5 tickets not 10.
    Challenge was delayed by 14 hours.
    You still started with 5 tickets.
    3h per ticket. Is not full 5 tickets even.
  • DrizztSalvatoreDrizztSalvatore Posts: 411 ✭✭✭
    LOOK AT FINISH TIME.....
    SATURDAY.....22:00 GMT   ---NOT FRIDAY
     gained 10 hours   so 3 extra chances
  • Yama_sanYama_san Posts: 348 ✭✭✭
    edited February 26
    Any tip for Round 17 for the challenge of this week?

I lose by 50 and 71 vs the two (!) Dodge Vipers.
    I think I miss 20-30 pts so not even sure losing those 2 duels by 50 each would be enough.

Best cars I can use:
    - Chevrolet Camaro SS Coupe (RQ22) - 3.3.3
    - Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport (RQ21) - 3.3.3
    - Chrysler 300 SRT-8 (RQ21)
    - Dodge Stealth R/T Twin Turbo (RQ21) - 3.3.3
    - Chevrolet Aerovette (RQ20) - 3.3.3
    - Pontiac Trans Am 30th Anniversary (RQ20) - 3.3.3
    - Pontiac Trans Am 35th Anniversary (RQ19)
    - Cadillac ELR (RQ17) - 9.6.9
    - Chevrolet Corvette ZR2 (RQ17) - 9.9.6
    - Pontiac Grand Prix GXP (RQ17) - 9.6.9
    - Chevrolet Code 130R (RQ14) - 9.6.9
    - Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS Gordon Edition (RQ13) - 9.6.9
    - GMC Denali XT (RQ13) - 9.6.9
    - Chevrolet Tru 140S (RQ12) - 9.6.9

+ a few others in between, that I could still upgrade (Pontiac Grand Prix GTP - RQ15, Chevrolet Camaro IROC - RQ16)

Is it even doable with my garage then do you think?
  • milewski1015milewski1015 Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yama_san said:
    Any tip for Round 17 for the challenge of this week?

I lose by 50 and 71 vs the two (!) Dodge Vipers.
    I think I miss 20-30 pts so not even sure losing those 2 duels by 50 each would be enough.

Best cars I can use:
    - Chevrolet Camaro SS Coupe (RQ22) - 3.3.3
    - Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport (RQ21) - 3.3.3
    - Chrysler 300 SRT-8 (RQ21)
    - Dodge Stealth R/T Twin Turbo (RQ21) - 3.3.3
    - Chevrolet Aerovette (RQ20) - 3.3.3
    - Pontiac Trans Am 30th Anniversary (RQ20) - 3.3.3
    - Pontiac Trans Am 35th Anniversary (RQ19)
    - Cadillac ELR (RQ17) - 9.6.9
    - Chevrolet Corvette ZR2 (RQ17) - 9.9.6
    - Pontiac Grand Prix GXP (RQ17) - 9.6.9
    - Chevrolet Code 130R (RQ14) - 9.6.9
    - Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS Gordon Edition (RQ13) - 9.6.9
    - GMC Denali XT (RQ13) - 9.6.9
    - Chevrolet Tru 140S (RQ12) - 9.6.9

+ a few others in between, that I could still upgrade (Pontiac Grand Prix GTP - RQ15, Chevrolet Camaro IROC - RQ16)

Is it even doable with my garage then do you think?
    It would be a little easier to help if you added a screenshot of the tracks. I beat that round yesterday and can’t remember what the tracks/other cars were
  • hoschhosch Posts: 56
    I am having the same issue with this round. And the CF Pack i bought with high hopes ended up in beeing super rare and ultra rare fuse material... I kind of gave up already for this week.
    edited February 27

So this is my best hand so far - full RQ95 used).
    +92
    +155
    +119

Since my last post I upgraded the Corvette for full grip (3.3.9 now), which made me gain 20 pts more.
    I'm just 5 pts down now (+245).
    I think one last upgrade to either the Corvette (3.3.9), the Camaro (3.3.3) or the Stealth (3.3.3) should be enough? Question is which single upgrade do I need now to gain those 5 points?
    (or if you see another car from my list which could help better)
  • OzzmanOzzman Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yama_san said:

+92
    +155
    +119

Since my last post I upgraded the Corvette for full grip (3.3.9 now), which made me gain 20 pts more.
    I think one last upgrade to either the Corvette (3.3.9), the Camaro (3.3.3) or the Stealth (3.3.3) should be enough? Question is which single upgrade do I need now to gain those 5 points?
    I'd try to go 336 with the Stealth, maybe. It's already winning by 119 points, one upgrade should give you that extra 5 points you need. For similar reasons an engine upgrade to the Corvette (639) might also work. The latter might be better for you in the long run, as the Corvette is a more useful car.
  • rei348rei348 Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭✭
    Ozzman said:
    Yama_san said:

+92
    +155
    +119

I'd try to go 336 with the Stealth, maybe. It's already winning by 119 points, one upgrade should give you that extra 5 points you need. For similar reasons an engine upgrade to the Corvette (639) might also work. The latter might be better for you in the long run, as the Corvette is a more useful car.
    Stealth at 969 is a very good car, used it a lot especially in american dream events.
    For this challenge I used 2x rq14 Code, you can't win against the vipers but you can save RQ and put better cars in other races. Anyway now upgrading the stealth or the vette is the most straight forward approach for you :smile:
  • OzzmanOzzman Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rei348 said:
    Ozzman said:
    Yama_san said:

+92
    +155
    +119

Stealth at 969 is a very good car, used it a lot especially in american dream events.
    For this challenge I used 2x rq14 Code, you can't win against the vipers but you can save RQ and put better cars in other races. Anyway now upgrading the stealth or the vette is the most straight forward approach for you :smile:
    Both my Stealth and my Corvette has over 80% win ratio, but the Corvette has almost 3 times as many races under it's belt. Both are good cars.
    edited February 27
    Only +3 with engine upgrade for the Corvette. :s So I will finally need one more.

I hope the next rounds are easier and that I'll not need more upgrades  :D

EDIT: Just got a Dodge Daytona IROC (RQ17) from Ceramic, maybe one new option!
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 7,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best American Dream handling in Super Rare.  5.4/91 when maxed.
    edited February 27
    HeissRod said:
    Best American Dream handling in Super Rare.  5.4/91 when maxed.
    Ah thanks for the info. :smile:

Might then do better than +119 for 5th race, compared to the Stealth at 3.3.3 (4.5/83).

edited February 28
    Well, 2 rounds later it's already dead. :/

I'm short of 30ish points (2 races I can't win) and I don't see where I can get those points. Except with lot of updates (to the Camaro and Stealth) but I don't have enough SR food...
    Not even sure it worth it just for a Ceramic anyway.

Quite disappointing how difficult this challenge was (again, just for a Ceramic), and my 1 year old garage wasn't even enough to get the 30k cash.
    I mean, I wonder who managed to succeed. Unless you have full hand of American Dream UR or above, looks impossible.

Oh actually I managed to go through, with the Stealth instead of the Pontiac.

Let's see if I have enough time to go for the Ceramic now. ^^
    edited February 28
    Ok, all the other rounds were walk in the park, I finished the rest in maybe 10 minutes...
    (3 SR, Aston Martin DB7 + 2 food, not too bad).

This is something I don't understand really, some intermediate rounds are very difficult, and then after that it's almost ridiculous.

Not sure how Hutch prepare those challenges actually...

edited March 8
    Get your German's ready. 3rd bus incoming.
  • CasualMobileGamerCasualMobileGamer Posts: 144 ✭✭✭
    And finally the Acura Challenge with all rounds.... this was not that easy....  :#

Some help / tips to pass Round 19?

Can't do better than +273 for the first 4 races, and losing by 50 vs the Mercedes (with Bentley I can't really upgrade).
  • rei348rei348 Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭✭
    Yama_san said:

Can't do better than +273 for the first 4 races, and losing by 50 vs the Mercedes (with Bentley I can't really upgrade).
    Put something less on race2 against caterham (same cat maxed will do +50) and use saved rq to improve your drags
    edited March 20
    Yama_san said:

If you cant get 300 points in first 4 races then dont use so strong cars, and use better car to win race 5.
    Lotus @race 2 is overkill.
    Same as BMW. 
  • RuvlaRuvla Posts: 156 ✭✭✭
    edited March 20
    Better draggers (bentley is bad at dragging, especially at top speeds, chevrolet is bad at short drags, actually it is only for test bowls around it's speed, only caterham is ok). And replace BMW :(

With this hand I would try switching lotus and bmw (so your better handler can give you more points over slower opponent)
    edited March 20
    Thanks guys. ;)
    Thanks to your advice, it worked with this hand for round 19-20.

That 10RQ Plymouth is really useful, very often.
    And of course when you can fit the Porsche 962C, it always help. ;)

edited March 27
    Not sure what happened: I could see new Metro (?) challenge, I entered, and got server error on the first race (round 1 with 5 Dodge required).
    I relaunched the game and now next challenge (with the asian guy) is scheduled for in 1 day 23h. :(

Big bug or I just wasn't supposed to see the other challenge of this week-end?
    (sorry if it's noob question)
  • bluedogsnoopbluedogsnoop Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yama_san said:
    Not sure what happened: I could see new Metro (?) challenge, I entered, and got server error on the first race (round 1 with 5 Dodge required).
    I relaunched the game and now next challenge (with the asian guy) is scheduled for in 1 day 23h. :(

Do you have the Metro in your garage already? If no then you are not supposed to see the challenge and thats probably why it errored. If you do have it then you should raise a call with support.
    Yama_san said:

Do you have the Metro in your garage already? If no then you are not supposed to see the challenge and thats probably why it errored. If you do have it then you should raise a call with support.

No Metro, so it explains. Thanks. ;)

Thanks Hutch for the fake joy. :D
  • LittleEnosBurdetteLittleEnosBurdette Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could have at least of offered an equal RQ to the metro as a prize for the owners.