Weekly Challenge Thread

1828384858688»

Comments

• rei348rei348 Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭✭
    Yama_san said:
    Some help / tips to pass Round 19?

Can't do better than +273 for the first 4 races, and losing by 50 vs the Mercedes (with Bentley I can't really upgrade).
    Put something less on race2 against caterham (same cat maxed will do +50) and use saved rq to improve your drags
  • REALAISREALAIS Posts: 663 ✭✭✭
    edited March 20
    Yama_san said:
    Some help / tips to pass Round 19?

Can't do better than +273 for the first 4 races, and losing by 50 vs the Mercedes (with Bentley I can't really upgrade).
    If you cant get 300 points in first 4 races then dont use so strong cars, and use better car to win race 5.
    Lotus @race 2 is overkill.
    Same as BMW. 
  • RuvlaRuvla Posts: 136 ✭✭✭
    edited March 20
    Better draggers (bentley is bad at dragging, especially at top speeds, chevrolet is bad at short drags, actually it is only for test bowls around it's speed, only caterham is ok). And replace BMW :(

With this hand I would try switching lotus and bmw (so your better handler can give you more points over slower opponent)
  • Yama_sanYama_san Posts: 201 ✭✭✭
    edited March 20
    Thanks guys. ;)
    Thanks to your advice, it worked with this hand for round 19-20.

That 10RQ Plymouth is really useful, very often.
    And of course when you can fit the Porsche 962C, it always help. ;)

edited March 27
    Not sure what happened: I could see new Metro (?) challenge, I entered, and got server error on the first race (round 1 with 5 Dodge required).
    I relaunched the game and now next challenge (with the asian guy) is scheduled for in 1 day 23h. :(

Big bug or I just wasn't supposed to see the other challenge of this week-end?
    (sorry if it's noob question)
  • bluedogsnoopbluedogsnoop Posts: 779 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yama_san said:
    Not sure what happened: I could see new Metro (?) challenge, I entered, and got server error on the first race (round 1 with 5 Dodge required).
    I relaunched the game and now next challenge (with the asian guy) is scheduled for in 1 day 23h. :(

Do you have the Metro in your garage already? If no then you are not supposed to see the challenge and thats probably why it errored. If you do have it then you should raise a call with support.
    Yama_san said:

Do you have the Metro in your garage already? If no then you are not supposed to see the challenge and thats probably why it errored. If you do have it then you should raise a call with support.

No Metro, so it explains. Thanks. ;)

Thanks Hutch for the fake joy. :D
  • LittleEnosBurdetteLittleEnosBurdette Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could have at least of offered an equal RQ to the metro as a prize for the owners. 
    Could have at least of offered an equal RQ to the metro as a prize for the owners. 
    They are giving us a lot of cash along the way. Stop being so grumpy.  B)
    I’d make more farming the final + prize cash. 
    Basically you’re getting slightly worse than a tier 2 finish in the final. 
  • O__VERO__VER Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's the prize for Metro owners?
    Raptor
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because of the lack of renown?
    HeissRod said:
    Not sure what you mean?
    edited March 28
    HeissRod said:
    Not sure what you mean?
    I was trying to figure out how it was worse than a T2 finish.  Up to round 9 and the rewards are somewhere around $50k cash and 400G so far. 

Edit: Plus another 200G, 2 CFs, and the Raptor at the end.  Better than T2, but the guaranteed prize is certainly weaker than the T1 prize.
    Post edited by HeissRod on
    HeissRod said:
    HeissRod said:
    Not sure what you mean?
    I was trying to figure out how it was worse than a T2 finish.  Up to round 9 and the rewards are somewhere around $50k cash and 400G so far. 

Edit: Plus another 200G, 2 CFs, and the Raptor at the end.  Better than T2, but the guaranteed prize is certainly weaker than the T1 prize.
    Agreed, seeing now there is 2 CF’s it’s better than tier 2. 
    The prize car ( although quite decent ) is a poor choice, 90% of players with a metro will have a raptor so basically giving us a duplicate. Would have been nice to give out one of the high RQ GE epics. 
    I see some numpty is out with the disagree button again. 🙄
    edited March 28
    I see some numpty is out with the disagree button again. 🙄
    For both of us.  Seems someone is salty about the owner’s event prizes.

Anyways, a high end GE off-roader would have been nice.  I can’t complain about the Raptor, as this will finally get me a useful second one.  My first took over 1.5 years playing to arrive. (assuming I make it to the end)
    They are welcome to my 2 RQ19 pulls. 
    FYI for round 22

• goshkogoshko Posts: 105 ✭✭✭
    Can anyone post the rounds from 16 onwards? I have a very bad dodge hand and need to figure out if it’s any point to upgrading at all.
  • TopDrives40778TopDrives40778 Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭✭✭
    goshko said:
    Can anyone post the rounds from 16 onwards? I have a very bad dodge hand and need to figure out if it’s any point to upgrading at all.
    Here’s 19 and they get progressively more difficult from there

goshko said:
    Round 23.
    It took me 3 attempts to get past 22 and that was only done when I sacrificed a loss for two big wins.

• goshkogoshko Posts: 105 ✭✭✭
    goshko said:
    Here’s 19 and they get progressively more difficult from there

Oh, thanks. I guess I’m out. Too much investment for not that big a reward
  • Parimal_2000Parimal_2000 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone know how to beat the Nissan 390?
  • justjukiejustjukie Posts: 154 ✭✭✭
    Don't try to beat it. Several of the B Mazda's only lose 60-70 pts versus it. Make up the lost points by putting a beast on the drag race.
    justjukie said:
    Don't try to beat it. Several of the B Mazda's only lose 60-70 pts versus it. Make up the lost points by putting a beast on the drag race.

I've put a Porsche 962C on the drag but still not enough.  :/

Now it's also because I lose another race so I have -120 points to catch up.

I'm currently upgrading a Honda Accord Type R (RQ16), hopefully it will help...

So far my other 4 Japanese 90's are:
    - Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IV (RQ22) - 9.6.9
    - Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IV (RQ22) - 3.3.3
    - Mazda RX-7 (RQ18) - 9.6.9
    - Mazda MX-5 BBR (RQ14) - 9.6.9 - so this is the other one losing, but best I can put instead is Mazda Cosmo (RQ20) 9.6.9. Hopefully the Accord will help, together with a RQ27 for the drag then.
  • justjukiejustjukie Posts: 154 ✭✭✭
    Yama_san said:
    justjukie said:

I've put a Porsche 962C on the drag but still not enough.  :/

Now it's also because I lose another race so I have -120 points to catch up.

I'm currently upgrading a Honda Accord Type R (RQ16), hopefully it will help...

So far my other 4 Japanese 90's are:
    - Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IV (RQ22) - 9.6.9
    - Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IV (RQ22) - 3.3.3
    - Mazda RX-7 (RQ18) - 9.6.9
    - Mazda MX-5 BBR (RQ14) - 9.6.9 - so this is the other one losing, but best I can put instead is Mazda Cosmo (RQ20) 9.6.9. Hopefully the Accord will help, together with a RQ27 for the drag then.
    Yea, for transparency, I had to win all other races and I used Moby Dick on the drag for +248
    Ok I finally managed with hand in this order if I well remember:

- Mazda RX-7 (RQ18): -70
    - Honda Accord Type R (RQ16): +50
    - Mitsubishi Lancer Evo (RQ22): +50
    - Porsche 962C (RQ29): + a lot
    - Mazda MX-5 BBR (RQ14): +50

Very tough round, even a Ford GT (RQ27) wasn't enough to beat the Nissan or to get enough points on the drag.
    On the other hand, the round just after was ridiculously easy...

Still 2 rounds left for me, waiting for tickets.