The strategy for get cars Epic and legendary

AymericRacingAymericRacing Posts: 14
edited June 2018 in Strategy Discussion
Why I never get epic and legendary cars. Every time, I come across rotten cars, like in CSR Racing 2  :'( 
For example, I got this car (which I do not like too much) in a carbon fiber card with a price of 1499 tokens. Every time, I never get an epic car or better

Comments

• Craig831Craig831 Posts: 7
    edited July 2018
    Here's my "reward" from today after finally deciding to spend 1,299 gold on a Carbon Fiber pack.  :/
  • Nacho101Nacho101 Posts: 476 ✭✭✭✭
    I only got my first epic from a pack opening (ceramic) a week ago and I've been playing for 6 months. Meanwhile a friend of mine managed to get a few legendaries and many more epics than me in the same space of time - He just had far better luck than me. Either that or the drop rates are worse for a F2P player (he bought a special pack at the beginning of the game and I didnt). Just be patient, some guys open many packs and get nothing, others open one pack to get a Bugatti
  • MoogMoog Posts: 386 ✭✭✭✭
    Hutch publish the drop rates for the various packs, here's the one for a Carbon Fibre (CF) pack for example:
    https://hutch.helpshift.com/a/top-drives/?s=car-packs&f=what-are-the-drop-rates-in-the-carbon-fiber-car-pack&l=en

If you open a generic pack (rather than a manufacturer specific one), then it's random which car in that rarity that you'll get.
    So for a CF pack there's 79.75% chance you'll get an ultra-rare car. That's big odds and if odds were fair, every 1 in 5 CF packs would give you an epic or better but that's the thing with odds, they're not fair. 

I know everyone wants Bugatti's from their packs, but remember that most cars have their uses at some point.

/Moog
  • AymericRacingAymericRacing Posts: 14
    I am aware of the probability of obtaining but it is really ultra hardcore to have an S car in a Ceramic card pack. The price of Carbon card pack is allucinnant in coins ( 1399 coins I think if I do not buy with my real money). I think that Hutch games should either Add a card pack classe A and S or increase the probability of getting for class cars A and S
  • There is nothing wrong with the algorithms. It`s all random! Don`t blame Hutch, just keep on playing and you will get what you deserve <3
  • As Arcade_racer said, even if I buy 3 Ceramic Cards in a day, I will not get legendary cars.
  • baestbaest Posts: 508 ✭✭✭✭
    As Arcade_racer said, even if I buy 3 Ceramic Cards in a day, I will not get legendary cars.
    You will, eventually :P
  • degoodegoo Posts: 39
    There is nothing wrong with the algorithms. It`s all random! Don`t blame Hutch, just keep on playing and you will get what you deserve <3
    well... more than a year playing, almost every day, I don't remember how many CF and ceramic packs I opened... and nothing! no single legendary... just the McLaren, I'm just giving up since this is random, but .... yes, there is something wrong with the "random" algorithm.
  • baest said:
    As Arcade_racer said, even if I buy 3 Ceramic Cards in a day, I will not get legendary cars.
    what do you mean?! explain to me
  • flight4590flight4590 Posts: 550 ✭✭✭
    dodojanik said:
    Probability to get a S car from a Ceramic are lower as to CF, but if you'll play smart you can open 3 ceramics per day opposed to one CF in a few weeks. So even probability is lower chances are much higher. For examle I've got 5 S cars and all are from Ceramics.
    I would genuinely like to know how 3 ceramics per day is possible..
  • baestbaest Posts: 508 ✭✭✭✭
    baest said:
    Not sure the saying is global, but - "Throw enough 'poo' and eventually some will stick" :P
  • flight4590flight4590 Posts: 550 ✭✭✭
    baest said:
    baest said:
    Not sure the saying is global, but - "Throw enough 'poo' and eventually some will stick" :P
    If it’s stupid but it works, it isn’t stupid.
  • degoodegoo Posts: 39
    dodojanik said:
    Probability to get a S car from a Ceramic are lower as to CF, but if you'll play smart you can open 3 ceramics per day opposed to one CF in a few weeks. So even probability is lower chances are much higher. For examle I've got 5 S cars and all are from Ceramics.
    I would genuinely like to know how 3 ceramics per day is possible..
    me too...
  • GaborBartalGaborBartal Posts: 31 ✭✭
    degoo said:
    well... more than a year playing, almost every day, I don't remember how many CF and ceramic packs I opened... and nothing! no single legendary... just the McLaren, I'm just giving up since this is random, but .... yes, there is something wrong with the "random" algorithm.

Well, has it been more than 33? More than 66?
    33 is how much CF opening is needed on average, statistically, to get an S car. And that is not guaranteed even, as it's sheer probability.

https://hutch.helpshift.com/a/top-drives/?s=car-packs&f=what-are-the-drop-rates-in-the-carbon-fiber-car-pack

3% chance per pack.

Even if there is a 50% chance for something, like in a coin toss, it's still normal if you don't get a head, say, 6 times in a row, which is 3x longer than the average. One person might get a head the first time, you may get it the 5th or 10th time, however unlikely that may be, but the large sample size converges to 50%.

With one in 33 probability (3%) many people simply don't get one even after 50 packs or a hundred packs, nothing strange, nothing wrong with the algorithm. It's just that many people believe they have a chance (that is, a realistic chance) in the first place. The game is P2W scheme, so they lure the majority of the people into believing they have a chance against paying users, but they absolutely don't.

Also the gambling element is addictive and also unfair: There are people who get 2 S cars out of, say, 20 packs versus people with 0 S cars out of 100 packs. It takes the element of skill away from the game and replaces it with pure chance, the addictive quality of gambling, and the frustration of losing all the time (which, psychologically may even force you to play more, eventually even pay, to get SOME reward eventually and not feel like a loser).

Gotta say, the devs are smart from a business perspective, but it's really not fun for the actual players. Even paying must feel bad for having spend hundreds of dollars only to struggle to be in top 10 daily, against players who spent even more. I genuinely think most people either feel regret or pure frustration.
  • StyxingerStyxinger Posts: 52
    edited August 15
    <___>
  • MrpiratepeteMrpiratepete Posts: 631 ✭✭✭✭✭
    degoo said:

Well, has it been more than 33? More than 66?
    33 is how much CF opening is needed on average, statistically, to get an S car. And that is not guaranteed even, as it's sheer probability.

https://hutch.helpshift.com/a/top-drives/?s=car-packs&f=what-are-the-drop-rates-in-the-carbon-fiber-car-pack

3% chance per pack.

Even if there is a 50% chance for something, like in a coin toss, it's still normal if you don't get a head, say, 6 times in a row, which is 3x longer than the average. One person might get a head the first time, you may get it the 5th or 10th time, however unlikely that may be, but the large sample size converges to 50%.

With one in 33 probability (3%) many people simply don't get one even after 50 packs or a hundred packs, nothing strange, nothing wrong with the algorithm. It's just that many people believe they have a chance (that is, a realistic chance) in the first place. The game is P2W scheme, so they lure the majority of the people into believing they have a chance against paying users, but they absolutely don't.

Also the gambling element is addictive and also unfair: There are people who get 2 S cars out of, say, 20 packs versus people with 0 S cars out of 100 packs. It takes the element of skill away from the game and replaces it with pure chance, the addictive quality of gambling, and the frustration of losing all the time (which, psychologically may even force you to play more, eventually even pay, to get SOME reward eventually and not feel like a loser).

Gotta say, the devs are smart from a business perspective, but it's really not fun for the actual players. Even paying must feel bad for having spend hundreds of dollars only to struggle to be in top 10 daily, against players who spent even more. I genuinely think most people either feel regret or pure frustration.
    It hurts how true this is.
  • D3nzelloD3nzello Posts: 14
    since Im not that familiar with Hutch, do the devs even care or listen to the community? or even take quality sugesstions serious? I played alot of diff games and barely do devs gave 2 cents about their community...
  • MrpiratepeteMrpiratepete Posts: 631 ✭✭✭✭✭
    D3nzello said:
    since Im not that familiar with Hutch, do the devs even care or listen to the community? or even take quality sugesstions serious? I played alot of diff games and barely do devs gave 2 cents about their community...

Yes, I get the feeling that they do of course listen, but that doesn’t mean that they care about or use our feedback (They are also not the fastest regarding Updates/Hotfixes). Instead of implementing most of our feedback they almost always try to argue against it and want to convince us why their perceptions is right and we are wrong. They have their own mindset how they want the game to be and right now we reached a point where their idea differs so much with what the playerbase wants that I don't really see a bright future.

• D3nzelloD3nzello Posts: 14
    yeah had the same experience with mynba2k (the app)...every year it got worse and worse, the devs didnt care about their player base anymore. wish I knew that before I spent 50 bucks on packs lol
    just gonna roll with what I have and not bother anymore about gold buying.