General Discussion

959 Dakar Testing

1356711

Comments

  • XA2XA2 Member Posts: 231 ✭✭✭
    TD01055 said:
    Ok hutch, riddle me this. The Dakar (at 1.3) loses a 1/4 mile drag on ICE to the carrera 4 RQ22 (303) on performance tyres. Neither have traction control. Ridiculous.

    There needs to be something wrong, I cant think of a reason why this is possible other than that there is something wrong with the car.. 
  • HeissRodHeissRod Member Posts: 4,891 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone have the regular 959 to compare against the Dakar on various tracks?

    Also, during recent discussions, it was mentioned that certain cars are held as Legendaries (RQ27) because of their prestige, even though they should technically be RQ25/26 due to performance.  Is the Dakar one of those, @Hutch_Tim?
  • DeserTDeserT Member Posts: 502 ✭✭✭✭
    Hutch denied there is any mistake with the car other than the “SUV” hidden tag which is missing.

    ....
  • RawelRawel Member Posts: 815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They said no car is currently a legendary because of its prestige
  • BoxtaSBoxtaS Member Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do. Dakar (16.83) beats 959 (17.10) on 1/4m ice. But both are beaten by the 911 C4 (16.76) as above, and also the Honda legend (16.46).

    I’m stumped. 

    Dakar is good on the twisties tho 👍
  • bobdylanbobdylan Member Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't even think the dakar rally car was all that fast , isn't the dakar rally more about endurance shooting up and down sand dunes ... what's the actual stats of the real car ? 

  • jczerojczero Member Posts: 653 ✭✭✭✭
    This is not the type of car that deserve this kind of expectation and this kind of requirement to obtain, even the Mazda BBR MX serves greater purpose than this car in its category.

    all we need is a car that lives up to its stats, HIGH RIDE (climb), HIGH SPEED (drag), and HIGH TURN on terrain (offroad tyre with 81grip). 
    :angry:


  • Bucks73Bucks73 Member Posts: 607 ✭✭✭✭
    I have to say Hutch, this forum is an excellent sample of your playing and paying base.  And no one can understand or agree with the performance that the Dakar 959 is putting out, so would be great if you could reassess this car, which I know you said you would look into in an earlier, post,

    But I also assume any change (if you decided on it) would mean having to wait for a future update?
  • BoxtaSBoxtaS Member Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    BoxtaS said:
    TD01055 said:
    Ok hutch, riddle me this. The Dakar (at 1.3) loses a 1/4 mile drag on ICE to the carrera 4 RQ22 (303) on performance tyres. Neither have traction control. Ridiculous.

    If that’s correct, then the Dakar can’t be 4WD. Even if it was on performance tyres with 4WD it would stuff the 911 on a quarter mile on ice - like the regular 959 does.

    hang on, hold my beer...
    I retract this comment. The Dakar absolutely stuffs the Silvia (rwd only, no tc and off road tyres) on the ice drag, by a 9 second margin. 

    performance may be down in what I expected but I no longer think the car is not 4WD.

    it is getting beaten on drag by cars with half the power but the same mass, and less suitable tyres tho. 

    Someone must have have put ethanol in that 911 C4. Or given it traction control...


  • bobdylanbobdylan Member Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm Google shows top speed was actually only 130mph .
    The turbo engine was de tuned to 400bhp to cope with the garbage African fuel . 
    DAKAR rally was all about endurance not like the normal nuts group B rally cars
  • BoxtaSBoxtaS Member Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m still going to max mine before my 12c 
  • milewski1015milewski1015 Member Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welp, sad to say it looks like I’ve abused my wallet for something not nearly as good as it seems :(
  • Huskic69Huskic69 Member Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭✭✭
    happy metro owner intensifies
  • David_FookDavid_Fook Member Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hutch_Tim said:
    Yes, any fix would have to wait for an update unfortunately - the performance of every car at every upgrade stage on every challenge is calculated and held on the server, and has to match what the client simulates.

    I think the off-road drag race results are a separate bug which we've seen examples of reported elsewhere.

    @hillclimber Very interesting! I didn't know that happened. As I mentioned on the last Top Drives show, the 'Race Info' tips algorithm is much harder to get perfect than anything else, so it might just be wrong about that. But I'll check.

    In terms of overall performance, it's legitimately RQ27 (this may change with the hill climb/SUV fix), but beating the Pikes Peak on twisty courses is definitely not to be sniffed at!
    Thanks. Can we get confirmation that the off-road drag results are suspect? The drag speed is literally the only thing that it has over the metro. I haven’t been able to compare directly but I think the Dakar will ship 100 pts to the “inferior” metro on drags
  • David_FookDavid_Fook Member Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    .....
  • Huskic69Huskic69 Member Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TD01055 said:
    .....
    that one is simple, aMg PoWeR bRo
  • AntounAntoun Member Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one is nice too, I’m pretty sure that this Audi has no Hillclimb boost...

    Lost by 103...

    Seriously ?


  • MSteeLMSteeL Member Posts: 906 ✭✭✭✭
    Ill be writing some refund tickets if there is no fix for this car soon. Dont compare it to pikes, that car is OP on every track exept motocross, 1 mile drag and test bowl. If there is no fix for this soon its misleading the player base and that is not acceptable. The stats are looking good on the card, but its performance is just a lie in the face.
  • bobdylanbobdylan Member Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TD01055 said:
    Hutch_Tim said:
    Yes, any fix would have to wait for an update unfortunately - the performance of every car at every upgrade stage on every challenge is calculated and held on the server, and has to match what the client simulates.

    I think the off-road drag race results are a separate bug which we've seen examples of reported elsewhere.

    @hillclimber Very interesting! I didn't know that happened. As I mentioned on the last Top Drives show, the 'Race Info' tips algorithm is much harder to get perfect than anything else, so it might just be wrong about that. But I'll check.

    In terms of overall performance, it's legitimately RQ27 (this may change with the hill climb/SUV fix), but beating the Pikes Peak on twisty courses is definitely not to be sniffed at!
    Thanks. Can we get confirmation that the off-road drag results are suspect? The drag speed is literally the only thing that it has over the metro. I haven’t been able to compare directly but I think the Dakar will ship 100 pts to the “inferior” metro on drags
    The metros were 400 ish bhp and this was 400 bhp ish so rwd vs 4x4 would give a off the line advantage too the dakar you would think 🤔
  • AntounAntoun Member Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Bugatti could you please test your 303 Dakar on the Monaco 7.4 (1/4 mile on sand) ?

    My Dakar (1.3-1.3-1.3) did it in 13:80 and my Metro 6R4 (303) in 13:93

    I would like to know the difference on sand for the same configuration.
  • BugattiBugatti Member Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Antoun said:
    @Bugatti could you please test your 303 Dakar on the Monaco 7.4 (1/4 mile on sand) ?

    My Dakar (1.3-1.3-1.3) did it in 13:80 and my Metro 6R4 (303) in 13:93

    I would like to know the difference on sand for the same configuration.
    Sure, will post when i get a chance
  • David_FookDavid_Fook Member Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bobdylan said:
    TD01055 said:
    Hutch_Tim said:
    Yes, any fix would have to wait for an update unfortunately - the performance of every car at every upgrade stage on every challenge is calculated and held on the server, and has to match what the client simulates.

    I think the off-road drag race results are a separate bug which we've seen examples of reported elsewhere.

    @hillclimber Very interesting! I didn't know that happened. As I mentioned on the last Top Drives show, the 'Race Info' tips algorithm is much harder to get perfect than anything else, so it might just be wrong about that. But I'll check.

    In terms of overall performance, it's legitimately RQ27 (this may change with the hill climb/SUV fix), but beating the Pikes Peak on twisty courses is definitely not to be sniffed at!
    Thanks. Can we get confirmation that the off-road drag results are suspect? The drag speed is literally the only thing that it has over the metro. I haven’t been able to compare directly but I think the Dakar will ship 100 pts to the “inferior” metro on drags
    The metros were 400 ish bhp and this was 400 bhp ish so rwd vs 4x4 would give a off the line advantage too the dakar you would think 🤔
    In the context of the game, they are both 4wd off road tyred cars. The metro has slightly better grip, the Dakar better acceleration.

    the fact that it “beats the pikes peak on twisties” is not an acceptable answer. The merto destroys the pikes on the off road straight stuff, so it stands to reason that the Dakar should too, and beat the metro.
  • joel24joel24 Member Posts: 683 ✭✭✭✭
    I remember this car being a nightmare to beat in one o the challenges.
  • David_FookDavid_Fook Member Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How are we skipping the fact that the Dakar barely beats a common Tahoe up a hill hutch? Which is not only legitimately rwd but on standard tires with no TC, a Dakar should CRUSH it.

     do we truly believe that an Audi R8 would, in any realistic scenario with performance tires be able to beat the Dakar SIGNIFICANTLY, up the hill because of "power"? Hutch the bugatti's stink at hill climb, but i think they have the most power in the game currently, with TC and ABS. 

    We need to stop going back to the pikes peak as comparison hutch but look at the other cars brought to your attention, maybe not as detailed as what hillclimber showed, but with actual screenshots. The metro seems to be much better in straight line stuff and up a hill too which is odd, it does not need to be nerfed, the Dakar needs to be boosted. It's an RQ27 legendary probably due to how horrible it is in rain (most likely comparable to most rares or uncommons with suitable tires) but it should perform as an RQ30+ in offroad conditions to justify the RQ27 rating but it doesnt
    I think they’ve already noted the “Coupe/SUV” hillclimb bug, even saying it’s RQ may change after they fix it. 

    Not heard anything about it’s dreadful drag performance though. The Carrera 4 example is all the evidence I need to see an issue surely?
  • Destroyer2k11999Destroyer2k11999 Member Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @TD01055
    Sounds like a legitimate reason if it weren't for the fact that @mikes showed a screen of the RQ18 Audi Quattro 20V also winning vs the RQ27 959 Dakar up a hill. Both are coupes but the Quattro is 60kg lighter (stock) with abs, I guess that's enough to make up for the having half the HP, being medium ride height and being on performance tires  :D

    That carrera 4 is nuts though, I wonder how the offroad 924 performs in similar tests?
  • Destroyer2k11999Destroyer2k11999 Member Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess it lost because it was stock? (can a rally car even be considered stock?)

    But by 140 pts???
  • hillclimberhillclimber Member Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭✭✭
    well in the defence of hutch it performes as it says on the card at lest when it comes to 0-60 time.


    maybe @Bugatti will find the time to do more comparing with the Metro. and I'm sure hutch will deliver more answers too. let's be patient but also let's not forget.
Sign In or Register to comment.