General Discussion

An Update on Updates

Hutch_RobinHutch_Robin Administrator, Hutch Staff Posts: 818 admin
edited August 2018 in General Discussion
We're going to be testing out some marketing materials over the next few days and weeks, which may include new icons and new screenshots in the Android store. Some will contain cars from manufacturers from a future update. I want to let you know in advance that we're not releasing an update with new cars yet - we're likely to have a bug fixing update soon, and then release our next update with cars a little ways down the road.
Post edited by Hutch_Robin on

Comments

• AJTheCaveManAJTheCaveMan Member Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait, so don't start hoarding again. I don't think I could handle that again yet! Thanks for the update, update.
  • 43MK443MK4 Member Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Android players, can u post the cars from new manufacturers here once u see them in the store.
  • Sherby90Sherby90 Member Posts: 290 ✭✭✭
    The answer is..... nice, but still no VW for me
  • RawelRawel Member Posts: 789 ✭✭✭✭✭

And more from dodge
  • TD01055TD01055 Member Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vipers and Hellcats!
  • HeissRodHeissRod Member Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please include Jeep.  Please include Jeep.  Please include Jeep.
  • WizardOfLoz2_77WizardOfLoz2_77 Member Posts: 26 ✭✭
    Rawel said:

And more from dodge
    My 'Vanishing Point' sense is tingling.
  • mazeoopsmazeoops Member Posts: 883 ✭✭✭✭
    there are no RQ change for this update?
  • binnerbinner Member Posts: 483 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    So next tri-series dodges to win the P1? 😅🤔
  • JayJay Member Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ooohh

• NinjaDesignzNinjaDesignz Member Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where are you guys finding these pictures? I'm on the google play store and I don't see anything
  • TopDivesTopDives Member Posts: 594 ✭✭✭
    Where are you guys finding these pictures? I'm on the google play store and I don't see anything
    The game's icon
  • greddygreddy Member Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope for some dodge classics included too. 
    Dodge Charger 1968
    Dodge Challenger 1970
    Dodge Viper 1992
    Dodge Coronet SuperBee 1969
    Dodge Dart 1968

Its time to start saving gold and money for those usa premium :)
  • lukec436lukec436 Member Posts: 90 ✭✭✭
    mikes said:
    I look forward to the Trabant update. 
    East Berlin update with new "Berlin Wall No Mans Zone" track. Whichever car gets shot less wins
    I'm likely just gonna pass this dodge update up and not care too much about it. I'm gonna just stockpile gold and cash for my birthday in a few months and have a huge spending spree of 10K+, although probably more.
  • TheTruePwnzorTheTruePwnzor Member Posts: 188 ✭✭✭
    Mopar! That's some of Detroit's finest steel right there! Nevermind that a Tesla P100D smokes a Hellcat in a straight line, it sure doesn't sound as good.
    Too bad it won't have this turbine powered apocalypse ride (It looked hella cool in person):

• SnowyOwlSnowyOwl Member Posts: 237 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    I want to see some Astons
    we need more a’s
  • TGPDTGPD Member Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    VAG cars would certainly be sweet, there are so many gems in their family.
  • Huskic69Huskic69 Member Posts: 1,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TGPD said:
    mk2 gti omg
    TGPD said:
    Would be interested to know how we have Audi, Bugatti, and  Porsche but no other VAG vehicles.

Also so much want for the Miura, Speed Six, Fabia S2000, and Rambo Lambo.
  • Hutch_RobinHutch_Robin Administrator, Hutch Staff Posts: 818 admin
    HeissRod said:
    Some licences take longer to acquire than others. Just so you're not hanging on, this update won't include Jeep.
    HeissRod said:
    Some licences take longer to acquire than others. Just so you're not hanging on, this update won't include Jeep.
    Many people were probably expecting a track hawk. Ah well... but you never said anything about VAG group! Got my hopes super high, even if I probably shouldn't!
  • SprungGeoduckSprungGeoduck Member Posts: 52 ✭✭✭
    So.

I know we're all thinking about the Hellcat.

It'll be the ultimate Impala/El Camino type car, right? The destroyer of all drag races?

I'm not so sure. As such, I did some thinking, based on cars we already have in the game, to figure out where the RQ machine will throw the 'Cat. My first point of reference is a car that I reckoned was pretty close to what the Hellcat will probably be: the Jaguar D-Type.

The Hellcat will probably look quite similar to this statistically. A little quicker off the line, probably somewhere in the region of 3.5 seconds depending on what statistics Hutch chooses to use, and with maybe 35 miles an hour extra top speed. Everything else - grip, drive type, tyres - should be about the same. My first thought was that, as a result, the Hellcat would shake out at the top of Ultra Rare, at RQ22. This is a horrible thing for a multitude of reasons. The car would be incredibly easy to acquire, since Hutch will probably offer up Dodge carbon fibre packs when the update drops, and incredibly easy to upgrade, since upgrades would be relatively cheap and it would only require Super Rares to fuse up. Everyone and their dog would have a fully-upgraded one pretty quickly and the drag race meta would stagnate for all non-Bugatti owners.

As a result, it'll probably end up in Epic, as an RQ23 car similar to this Tuscan. It'll be very comparable to this car, actually - a bit faster off the line, but a bit less grip. Being in Epic will also make the meta less hellish (heh), as the car will be harder to acquire and upgrade. It'll still be a great car - for the RQ, no stock car will accelerate faster or have a higher top speed - but it won't be quite as meta-defining.
    Have you taken into account that it's possible we could get the Challenger & Charger Hellcats?  What about the Demon?  The old Ram SRT/10 would be pretty cool as well.
    HeissRod said:
    While this is disappointing, it certainly doesn't sound like a "We are not looking to add Jeep."  B)
  • TD01055TD01055 Member Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Are we getting the bug-fix update tomorrow? Odd that the P1 finals aren’t showing yet and I know you guys like to finish big events on a Sunday anyway...
  • bobdylanbobdylan Member Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feel free to ues my profile pic 😉
  • Huskic69Huskic69 Member Posts: 1,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bobdylan said:
    Feel free to ues my profile pic 😉
    Bro that would attract all the ladies :wink:
    edited August 2018
    HeissRod said:I
    Have you taken into account that it's possible we could get the Challenger & Charger Hellcats?  What about the Demon?  The old Ram SRT/10 would be pretty cool as well.
    Not only this but what about all of the brutally fast for their time Mopar rides: the hemi 'cuda, the '68 dart L023(it ran low 9s in the quarter off of the lot!), the '68 Daytona, the '78 Lil' Red Express(I mean, really, just so much want), even the 80's Dodge-shelby glh-s(goes like hell might be a bit of a misnomer but in the malaise-era of emissions controls it was indeed a beast), and the Super Bee, just to name a few. Mopar has some drag beasts that could change the drag meta not only at the very top but in all kinds of brackets and at a variety of rqs. I would love to see some competition for the Camino.
    Post edited by TheTruePwnzor on