General Discussion

More Server Errors?

Comments

• hifichrishifichris Member Posts: 296 ✭✭✭
    Unplayable since last night
  • lonelyterroristlonelyterrorist Member Posts: 90 ✭✭

• Hutch_TimHutch_Tim Administrator, Hutch Staff Posts: 603 admin
    Yep, I see it - can't get in to events at all myself. I've flagged it, hopefully we can sort it out shortly. 
  • REALAISREALAIS Member Posts: 129 ✭✭✭
    For me, server error I am getting for every ticket in Daily and Lotus, and claiming prizeboard after game reloads, but Vauxhall event is working for me without problem.
  • DabigpDabigp Member Posts: 573 ✭✭✭✭
    CF for everyone incoming as a compensation👍
  • miggemigge Member Posts: 116 ✭✭✭
    unplayable. i could not even join a daily since yesterday....
  • Evil_RabbitEvil_Rabbit Member Posts: 183 ✭✭✭
    How can we still have these problems? Ive been around for almost 1.5 years now and we stil face these problems.
    Before you ad more content to the game pleae make sure the game is working properly!

Im not puting in 1 cent anymore untill you fix the problems at hand
  • TopDivesTopDives Member Posts: 616 ✭✭✭
    Dabigp said:
    TopDives said:
    Dabigp said:
    CF for everyone incoming as a compensation👍
    Nah, inflation will kill the game.
    Or you can buy this generous offer right now!
    Haha i saw it too. What a joke! 
  • BasilBasil Member Posts: 205 ✭✭✭
    edited July 9
    Same problem here. Looks like the servers are the only ones burning rubber at this moment.
  • PimPim Member Posts: 45 ✭✭
    TD01055 said:
    Back in but the scores are all to hell. @DeserT is killing it 😂

Working for me too
  • David_FookDavid_Fook Member Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Strange - after I play a race against people it looks like their score might be updating.
  • Hutch_RobinHutch_Robin Administrator, Hutch Staff Posts: 821 admin
    How can we still have these problems? Ive been around for almost 1.5 years now and we stil face these problems.
    Before you ad more content to the game pleae make sure the game is working properly!

Because it's not a bug that can be fixed, it's server scaling. You have to scale servers with demand. We have fixed server issues in the past, and we have improved server scaling, but if demand is particularly high and unexpected, server issues can unfortunately arise. When the late join fix is in place, another good consequence of this is it will spread load over a longer period, so we should see benefits to server stability, too.

Server engineers work has almost nothing to do with new content, one doesn't affect the other. If we encounter server issues or bugs that we need to fix, we can ensure that we focus improving those things, but it won't affect new cars, environments, or other client features.
  • tichoblintichoblin Member Posts: 949 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BoxtaS said:
    At least we now have confirmation that a late join fix is planned. I fear that we may regret it, because without strategic joining, the only remaining strategy for a good place in a big event will be to buy 15x CF 

Looking at the things they have done in the last few updates….I’m really scared we will regret it.

100% sure we will recall the times of late joining with nostalgie
  • James_PearceJames_Pearce Member Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭✭✭

Because it's not a bug that can be fixed, it's server scaling. You have to scale servers with demand. We have fixed server issues in the past, and we have improved server scaling, but if demand is particularly high and unexpected, server issues can unfortunately arise. When the late join fix is in place, another good consequence of this is it will spread load over a longer period, so we should see benefits to server stability, too.

Server engineers work has almost nothing to do with new content, one doesn't affect the other. If we encounter server issues or bugs that we need to fix, we can ensure that we focus improving those things, but it won't affect new cars, environments, or other client features.
    So it’s the fault of late joiners that the servers failed. In that case perhaps you should penalise us by taking away our prize cars. Oh, hang on....
  • hillclimberhillclimber Member Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭✭✭

So it’s the fault of late joiners that the servers failed. In that case perhaps you should penalise us by taking away our prize cars. Oh, hang on....
    don't be so harsh, they can't blame VPN travellers anymore.
  • LittleEnosBurdetteLittleEnosBurdette Member Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anybody else getting another error now? 🤦🏻‍♂️
  • RWareRWare Member Posts: 529 ✭✭✭✭
    Yup. Takes about 20 seconds to resolve a race looking at the scoreboard....
  • hillclimberhillclimber Member Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭✭✭
    my circle of death is still there. oh well, I will just use it as a night light. nice dreams to everyone. 
  • MSteeLMSteeL Member Posts: 880 ✭✭✭✭
    I have to confess. I think I broke the server, I joined the daily event late. sorry!
    Darn, I wanted to do that! But forgot to join in the end.. 
  • RWareRWare Member Posts: 529 ✭✭✭✭
    Same spinning circle of doom today on entry to events.

What is going on Hutch???
  • OzzmanOzzman Member Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, same for me. It was fine an hour ago.
  • DrizztSalvatoreDrizztSalvatore Member Posts: 271 ✭✭✭

EVENTS...SHAGGED... can only get into challenge and campaign