General Discussion

More Server Errors?

Comments

• mauro07mauro07 Member Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    seems every day better this game... they wanna kill TD!! :/
  • AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Member Posts: 518 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah that was fun to end the events, every second race was a server error.
  • Evil_RabbitEvil_Rabbit Member Posts: 160 ✭✭✭
    yeah that was fun to end the events, every second race was a server error.
    Yepp, 3 server errors and 3 losses. I could bet everyone in reach...  made me loss T1... 

And 600 gold...  so tnx a lot :) 
    Just make my decision on not spending a singel cent even more clear
  • pSikpSik Member Posts: 66 ✭✭
    Is anyone playing their two new games?
    Would be interesting to check if those games die at the same time.
    *Just saying* :smirk:
  • mazeoopsmazeoops Member Posts: 883 ✭✭✭✭
    I think its just me. I can’t enter events page.
    rolling then server error for me.
  • NinjaDesignzNinjaDesignz Member Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't get in either. The circle of death has made an appearance tonight
  • MrpiratepeteMrpiratepete Member Posts: 184 ✭✭✭
    Can't play Clubs, I always get an error.
  • RWareRWare Member Posts: 425 ✭✭✭
    3rd morning out of 5.......

Pathetic
  • tichoblintichoblin Member Posts: 948 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anybody paid 499 gold for events? I wonder whether they compensate 3 days or not:)?
  • bertmcfishbertmcfish Member Posts: 138 ✭✭✭
    Clubs not working for me either
  • NinjaDesignzNinjaDesignz Member Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Clubs not working for me either
    Interesting... You found a time they were working for you? 
  • Hutch_TimHutch_Tim Administrator, Hutch Staff Posts: 601 admin
    Yeah, something is really not going well here.

What's happening is that one of the third parties we rely on for the whole server/client interaction to work suddenly became a lot less reliable. It's not just us either - as far as we can see other games (and apps) that use that service are having a lot of issues this week too.

We're investigating if there's a better way we can use that service (less calls/minute, smaller calls, something like that - I'm not a server engineer) that may make it less likely to fall over on us. Best-case, the service finds whatever's causing this and fix it themselves. Worst case, we have to switch to someone else.

Until then all we can is put it back up when it falls over, which we appreciate is really not great.
    edited July 12
    Thanks Tim for the explanation. Isnt it a bit risky to start a new tri-series under this circumstances?
  • BoxtaSBoxtaS Member Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Hutch_Tim is there a short term bodge you can do to stop server errors (sometimes) counting as a loss? 

I am an OCD sufferer and I can’t handle my smarfing losses not being a round number. True story 
  • tichoblintichoblin Member Posts: 948 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 13
    No new post here? Surprised!
    Post edited by tichoblin on
  • OzzmanOzzman Member Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BoxtaS said:
    @Hutch_Tim is there a short term bodge you can do to stop server errors (sometimes) counting as a loss? 

I am an OCD sufferer and I can’t handle my smarfing losses not being a round number. True story 
    Actually I've been thinking about this the other day. Correct me if I'm wrong, but when playing an event, you can get a server error at two stages:
    1) After you've selected your cars to use, and tapping on GO. As far as I know this counts as an automatic loss.
    2) After selecting an opponent and placing your cars against his cars. This does not count as a loss, because the server registers your car placement, and the next time you log in, if you won, you can even turn the cards on the prizeboard.
    Now I understand that server errors count as a loss because it's hard to tell why the connection was lost. Was it due to a server error, or beacause the player folce-closed the app for whatever reason. But the only way somebody could exploit this is force-closing the app when finding the opponents (or the selected opponent) unbeatable. So what I'm trying to say is the first case should not be considered as an automatic loss, but after a player reached the opponent selection screen, it should. Surely these two cases can be distinguished (by setting a flag as soon as the opponent selection screen is displayed), and would make server errors a bit less annoying. Am I missing something @Hutch_TIm?
  • hillclimberhillclimber Member Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭✭✭
    one of the rare kind

• OzzmanOzzman Member Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭✭✭
    one of the rare kind

Yeah, I thought it's not so simple, but still I see no reason to consider a server error a loss, when the player didn't even make it to the opponent selection screen.
  • MSteeLMSteeL Member Posts: 863 ✭✭✭✭
    Again at the end of daily.
    Multiple server errors when trying to use last ticket(s) in Daily

On the 2 occassions that I managed to 'enter' the race, I won, got the prize picks when I got back into the game, yet had a loss counted against me in the points.

Also, why do we report a 400 error at this stage? How is it a bad request?
    edited July 31
    server error (circle of death) already 15 minutes before the event ends. cant get back in at all now after closing and restarting!
    Game also disconnected from my Google Play account.
    Edit:Reconnected 3 minutes before the end. That was no fun.
  • hifichrishifichris Member Posts: 274 ✭✭✭

In club event 7h52
  • hifichrishifichris Member Posts: 274 ✭✭✭

Not playable
  • greddygreddy Member Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amateurs... 
  • Blue2moroBlue2moro Member Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Circle of doom on prize board, then when reloading the app I got this. Like, yeah, its MY internet connection at fault. Amateur hour.

• SchmidtiSchmidti Member Posts: 152 ✭✭✭
    Couldn't play in the end...
    Can't log in anymore right now...
    That's just not the way how it should be.