Update 7.0 Car Discussion

Comments

• TheTruePwnzorTheTruePwnzor Posts: 188 ✭✭✭
    Is any track except slalom changed for A/S cars? Lets be real here, 699 was broken for the high end of the garage, there was No point to ever make an A/S Car 969 apart from the Off roaders.

Which tracks do 969 now beat 699 among A/S cars? I’ll bet you 699 is still the best tune on most of these cars
    You're right, actually. Before the pitchforks come out we should do some thorough testing I suppose. Now who has those 969 epics?
  • TheTruePwnzorTheTruePwnzor Posts: 188 ✭✭✭
    I'm always the guy saying give them the benefit of the doubt but this time I just jumped right in to the mob, lol.
  • ManUtdTobbeManUtdTobbe Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s all good :) 
    Hutch deserves criticism here but i think it’s getting over the top. 
  • David_FookDavid_Fook Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is any track except slalom changed for A/S cars? Lets be real here, 699 was broken for the high end of the garage, there was No point to ever make an A/S Car 969 apart from the Off roaders.

Which tracks do 969 now beat 699 among A/S cars? I’ll bet you 699 is still the best tune on most of these cars
    You're right, actually. Before the pitchforks come out we should do some thorough testing I suppose. Now who has those 969 epics?

I’ve been keeping an eye on the obvious ones through the daily (furai, camaro, green porker, r500, S8) and can say that 699 is still the better tune overall. If I was offered the chance to change them all tomorrow I wouldn’t. 
  • ManUtdTobbeManUtdTobbe Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That’s great info
  • greddygreddy Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So all crying was for nothing. And folks complaint about cars that were bugged and needed fix anyway? 
  • GilTrucksGilTrucks Posts: 393 ✭✭✭
    Camaro Z/28 Campaign, Tuned 969 is bad, it can only draw or lose to 699. Be gentle on the support request, if a 969 car is actually better at all in 699, request an exchange. But test before.
    At Car Park, it's certain that the 699 wins the 969, plus a few circular steering tests as well. This is a matter of percent advantage between 969 and 699. This is individual in every car, lane, condition (rain, gravel, etc).
  • RawelRawel Posts: 829 ✭✭✭✭✭

ok, so here are times for two of my handling-oriented epics that I actualy care about, both are tuned 699

lotus 2-11 s'charged
    26:83 slalom standing (midlands 1-2)
    25:56 slalom rolling (france 10-3)
    20:93 g-force standing (midlands 5-2)
    20:03 g-force rolling (west coast 6-3)
    43:73 car park (atsugi 1-1)
    43:16 indoor karting (atsugi 1-1)

mazda furai
    26:40 slalom standing (midlands 1-2)
    25:23 slalom rolling (france 10-3)
    20:63 g-force standing (midlands 5-2)
    19:76 g-force rolling (west coast 6-3)
    43:33 car park (atsugi 1-1)
    42:60 indoor karting (atsugi 1-1)

these are the tracks I'd like them to win over their 969 versions (I can live with losing rolling slalom and maybe rolling g-force), so if anyone has them tuned 969 I'd appreciate times for comparison

• BoxtaSBoxtaS Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone actually found an American Dream car that doesn’t underperform it’s stats? There are some really bad cars out there, and virtually no explanation why. 

I’d love to know how MRA actually gets set, because the spanking below shows that power, torque, mass, drive type & body type are NOT what determines it. Only thing I can think of for this one is different gearboxes:

• David_FookDavid_Fook Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rawel said:

ok, so here are times for two of my handling-oriented epics that I actualy care about, both are tuned 699

lotus 2-11 s'charged

mazda furai

these are the tracks I'd like them to win over their 969 versions (I can live with losing rolling slalom and maybe rolling g-force), so if anyone has them tuned 969 I'd appreciate times for comparison

Furai 969
    SS slalom 26.40 (draw)
    RS slalom 25.16 (969 wins)
    SS G force 20.66 (969 loses)
    RS G force 19.80 (969 loses)
    Car park 43.30 (969 wins)
    Indoor karting 42.60 (draw)
  • RawelRawel Posts: 829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TD01055 said:
    Rawel said:

lotus 2-11 s'charged

mazda furai

Furai 969
    SS slalom 26.40 (draw)
    RS slalom 25.16 (969 wins)
    SS G force 20.66 (969 loses)
    RS G force 19.80 (969 loses)
    Car park 43.30 (969 wins)
    Indoor karting 42.60 (draw)
    so 699 only wins on g-forces... and we can compare further, but I'd guess 699 loses circuits, hairpins, twisty roads since they're more speed oriented...
  • LittleEnosBurdetteLittleEnosBurdette Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BoxtaS said:
    Has anyone actually found an American Dream car that doesn’t underperform it’s stats? There are some really bad cars out there, and virtually no explanation why. 

I’d love to know how MRA actually gets set, because the spanking below shows that power, torque, mass, drive type & body type are NOT what determines it. Only thing I can think of for this one is different gearboxes:

It’s looking like the exception to the rule but the 2 hellcats are quite immense. 
  • GrossbucketsGrossbuckets Posts: 447 ✭✭✭
    BoxtaS said:

greddy said:
    So all crying was for nothing. And folks complaint about cars that were bugged and needed fix anyway? 
     That’s a good one but hey!, according to Hutch....50% of some American nonsense is tested with more nonsense.  So, there 😛 more nonsense
    BoxtaS said:

It’s looking like the exception to the rule but the 2 hellcats are quite immense. 
    Wanna swap!? 👍

looks like the 300C prize car could be a beast too...
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    BoxtaS said:

Those two cars have identical drivetrains. There is no reason the Charger should have lost, unless Hutch artificially inflated the 300's performance, because it's a prize car.

How big was the difference?
    Post edited by HeissRod on
  • LittleEnosBurdetteLittleEnosBurdette Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BoxtaS said:
    BoxtaS said:

Wanna swap!? 👍

looks like the 300C prize car could be a beast too...
    I’ll swap for 2 chirons (maxed)?

The copo camaro should surely be decent, maybe the prize for the event starting tonight? 🤞🏻

@HeissRod just the 77 points, but that’s still quite a margin. Visually it was a thrashing. SRT8 just stops accelerating at about 130. It gets whupped by the new c class corvette too, athough that does have more torque and lower mass. 
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭✭✭
    77 points suggests that it's way behind and not just a narrow loss.  That's just plain wrong.  Post it in the incorrect race results thread or even the incorrect car stats.
  • GrossbucketsGrossbuckets Posts: 447 ✭✭✭
    BoxtaS said:

That widebody is looking so mean! Super jealous Enos, gz
  • TNThomasTNThomas Posts: 601 ✭✭✭✭
    Yeh it’s pretty awesome, at 963 tune it beats the mclaren on Monaco 1mile campaign track. 
    That’s insane! I want that car so bad!
  • mauro07mauro07 Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    it's incredible :O :O next nerf