Update 7.0 Car Discussion

Comments

• evilprofesseurevilprofesseur Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    those high-end challengers seem to be the only useful cars in this update. I'm tempted to buy carbons once they show up but I only have enough gold for two so the chances are rather slim.
  • LittleEnosBurdetteLittleEnosBurdette Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭✭✭
    those high-end challengers seem to be the only useful cars in this update. I'm tempted to buy carbons once they show up but I only have enough gold for two so the chances are rather slim.
    I spent about a million IG cash on US packs, pulled the hellcat, one other not so good epic and 3 ultra rares, rest were C’s. 
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 5,027 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I spent about a million IG cash on US packs, pulled the hellcat, one other not so good epic and 3 ultra rares, rest were C’s. 
    On the flip side, I have spent half a million on US Premiums and only pulled Cs.
  • 43MK443MK4 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    On the flip side, I have spent half a million on US Premiums and only pulled Cs.
    Spent 3 million of which big majority was US premiums. Got 3 epics: boss and 2x RQ23 American "dreams"
  • adms87adms87 Posts: 296 ✭✭✭
    What do you guys think it will be the best tune for the Durango when it gets its stats corrected? It will probably be one of the fastests SUV, so I was thinking about 996, because its handling is not so good, but if they also correct the handling I dont know...I think I am gonna cross my fingers to get a second Durango  :D and until then It will remain as 666.
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 5,027 ✭✭✭✭✭
    adms87 said:
    What do you guys think it will be the best tune for the Durango when it gets its stats corrected? It will probably be one of the fastests SUV, so I was thinking about 996, because its handling is not so good, but if they also correct the handling I dont know...I think I am gonna cross my fingers to get a second Durango  :D and until then It will remain as 666.
    This is the only Super Rare I haven't pulled from the new cars.  :s
  • milewski1015milewski1015 Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    adms87 said:
    This is the only Super Rare I haven't pulled from the new cars.  :s
    I’ve only pulled one and it’s already waiting at 666 (have done the fuses for engine and chassis to go 969)
  • JayJay Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    adms87 said:
    I have done one as 969 doing my second as 996.

Hope it gets fixed upgraded otherwise it's kinda useless.
  • GrossbucketsGrossbuckets Posts: 447 ✭✭✭
    That Widebody beating the Mclaren is amazing!  What’s the diff between the two Epic Hellcats?  They have the same stats except the yellow one has more grip for some reason.  I mean they both have the same width!  Where is your “widebody”?  But seriously, do u know if one beats the other in a straight line?
  • TNThomasTNThomas Posts: 598 ✭✭✭✭
    Jay said:
    adms87 said:

I've got my first 969 as well and my second is on its way up but I have a feeling we are in for a name correction not a massive upgrade in stats.
    I think it’s easier to mess up the stats than the name and picture, so I am hoping they bump up the stats. Also, another super rare SUV is useless, but an epic SUV would be a nice addition
  • adms87adms87 Posts: 296 ✭✭✭
    Jay said:
    adms87 said:

I've got my first 969 as well and my second is on its way up but I have a feeling we are in for a name correction not a massive upgrade in stats.
    It would be a shame not have the SRT in the game. 
  • grandvachegrandvache Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Yeh it’s pretty awesome, at 963 tune it beats the mclaren on Monaco 1mile campaign track. 
    Yours might be “better” but mine is green, and thats got to be worth at least 10 more bhp.
    That Widebody beating the Mclaren is amazing!  What’s the diff between the two Epic Hellcats?  They have the same stats except the yellow one has more grip for some reason.  I mean they both have the same width!  Where is your “widebody”?  But seriously, do u know if one beats the other in a straight line?
    @LittleEnosBurdette and I have run some tests, looks like they're exactly the same, certainly when they're stock.  Bothlook like being the best epic drag cars available at the moment, although the copo Camaro looks to me like it'll be faster in the shorter drags.
    Have a look at the wheelarches and you'll see why one is the widebody and the other isn't.
    @Hutch_Tim Could you please share some information on the following two things?

1. Will the 0-60 time of the Viper ACR be corrected?

2. Will the stats of the Durango SRT be corrected or will the name and picture be changed?
  • ManUtdTobbeManUtdTobbe Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RQ15 Hemi seems to have a pretty good MRA from some short testing.
  • LittleEnosBurdetteLittleEnosBurdette Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @LittleEnosBurdette and I have run some tests, looks like they're exactly the same, certainly when they're stock.  Bothlook like being the best epic drag cars available at the moment, although the copo Camaro looks to me like it'll be faster in the shorter drags.
    As Martin said, they were both the same stock on drags but the WB obviously has the advantage everywhere else with the added handling...... which is nice. 
  • Blue2moroBlue2moro Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I have 36 American Dreams as I've made sure to keep 1 of each that gets pulled.  Starting to run low on slot space so need a clearout. Are all the E/Fs trash or are there any I should consider keeping?

Dodge Stealth and Blazer Xtreme seems like solid uncommon cars.
  • Blue2moroBlue2moro Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, already started the Stealth upgrade as that looked like a keeper.
  • OzzmanOzzman Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blue2moro said:
    Yeah, already started the Stealth upgrade as that looked like a keeper.

The Chevy 454 SS is also a good dragger (for a 1/4 mile at least, within the RQ9 group).
  • greddygreddy Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would keep both pickups and stealth and probably one of 10rq standard draggers newport maybe? 
    edited October 2018
    Hutch_Tim said:
    No comment on the Viper ACR and Durango SRT?
    Oh, I noted those. We need a better system for tracking these corrections so people can know what we've noted and what stage something is at. After failing to come up with a perfect solution I've just thought of a maybe-adequate one... I'll talk to the rest of the team tomorrow just to check I'm not crazy and if it makes sense I'll kick it off.
    @Hutch_Tim What did the team say? Do you have a solution?

If so, does that mean you can answer the two questions I asked earlier about the Viper ACR and Durango SRT?  :#
  • Hutch_TimHutch_Tim Posts: 623 admin
    RobGripes said:

But the response of Tims' that really makes my blood boil is saying that there are no guarantees that support can help us if we want a tune changed for us due to the change in game physics.

Yeah, sorry about that - I really do have to caveat it though because we can never give carte blanche for that kind of change. We get requests to change 12Cs from 633 to 363; or someone might ask for a tune to be fixed and then write in a few days later for it to be set back to get an advantage in a different event, and so on. Support have to judge each case on its merits.

But, much more importantly, I did more of an investigation into the changes. I found the optimal tune for a bunch of Epic/Legendary cars on all of the asphalt tracks with curves both before and after the latest AI driving fix. As I suspected, the AI driving bug could affect any kind of tune in any kind of twisty situation; the result of fixing it is therefore that we end up with a roughly equal number of changes of optimal tune in each direction.

For example, comparing 969 vs 699 before vs after, some tracks 969 used to wIn are now won by 696; some the other way around; some used to tie BUT are now won by 969 or 699; some where 699 or 969 used to win are now ties. There is no bias towards or against any particular tune.

Put another way, a car that was best tuned 699 on 75% of all the twisty tracks will still be best tuned on 75% of twisty tracks (or close enough), just not necessarily the same ones.

We'll certainly keep a close eye on the impact of any future physics changes on tunings. We're building a new tool to let us more quickly evaluate that.
  • 43MK443MK4 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    Spent 3 million of which big majority was US premiums. Got 3 epics: Boss and 2xrq23 American "dreams"
    Does anyone know why the white Corvette has a lower RQ than the red Corvette?

MRA probably, is there a weight difference?
    MRA probably, is there a weight difference?
    The white one is heavier indeed, but has a better 0-60 time.

Red Corvette:

White Corvette:

So probably just has worse MRA then.