General Discussion

Update 7.0 Car Discussion

Comments

• ManUtdTobbeManUtdTobbe Member Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    lg29 said:
    Found this beauty in a US Premium!
    Wow very nice. I wonder if the vipers have good midrange because everything except for the grip on this one is underwhelming for its RQ level
    Seems to be atleast decent MRA after some quick testing at 000. I don't really have many cars in that 0-60 bracket though so it's hard to gauge. 

Edit: Times at stock.
    1/4 mile: 12:00
    1/2 mile: 18:43
    1 mile: 29:60
  • NinjaDesignzNinjaDesignz Member Posts: 2,112 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lg29 said:
    Wow very nice. I wonder if the vipers have good midrange because everything except for the grip on this one is underwhelming for its RQ level
    Seems to be atleast decent MRA after some quick testing at 000. I don't really have many cars in that 0-60 bracket though so it's hard to gauge. 

Edit: Times at stock.
    1/4 mile: 12:00
    1/2 mile: 18:43
    It's gonna have the same 1 mile time as the prize porsche from yesterday when upgraded
    So average or slightly above average MRA? 
    So average or slightly above average MRA? 
    I'm gonna go with slightly above average
    Sounds good, visually it looks Amazing and my US hand wasn't great so i'm over the moon.
  • hajduk_fanhajduk_fan Member Posts: 293 ✭✭✭
    lg29 said:
    Meanwhile mine SRT Viper with 3.1s acceleration does 1 mile in 29.76s and yours also has +3 on handling.
    greddy said:
    Here it is 996

Is it any good tho?
  • hajduk_fanhajduk_fan Member Posts: 293 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    So, did anybody figure out which new lower class (C,D,E,F) cars are worth keeping ?

So far I found 3 of them, Corvette ZR2, rq14 Plymouth and one E class Dodge, can't remember the name but it's yellow on picture.
  • _HighVoltage__HighVoltage_ Member Posts: 144 ✭✭✭
    That ZR2 needs to have the year corrected. It's 1971, not 1981.
  • greddygreddy Member Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    greddy said:
    Here it is 996

Is it any good tho?
    Nope,  just run some tests against elcamino. Vetta lose quarter and half mile, won 1 mile. 
    I think some of the Dodge cars have way too high handling. For example, the Magnum SRT-8 has better handling than the Camaro Z28 SS. I could be wrong but I don't think that is realistic
  • Blue2moroBlue2moro Member Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, for now everything gets upgraded to 669 that would normally have been 699. Just in case Hutch realise the mistake and correct things. Not gonna risk 969ing grip cars and then being useless if there is a tweak. 
  • baestbaest Member Posts: 473 ✭✭✭✭
    TD01055 said:
    HeissRod said:
    Oh great.  Now all of our thinking that higher level cars should be 233 is now called into question.  Should Caterhams still be built 699?  RQ30 Audis?  What else?!
    Well let’s test em. Anyone got a 969 S8? That was pretty much worse everywhere
    I've a 969 S8+
  • Destroyer2k11999Destroyer2k11999 Member Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The HP and torque of this camaro are correct but the picture and weight is of the 2015 version not the 2017, the weight should be 1671kg not 1783kg 
  • mazeoopsmazeoops Member Posts: 900 ✭✭✭✭

Any faster rare car than this?

mazeoops said:

I heard midrange is bad
  • David_FookDavid_Fook Member Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RobGripes said:
    The physics changes are horrible. 

There seems to be no logical reason that a lighter, grippier car would lose a slalom, g-force or other similar race.

Are there ANY races a 699 tune wins? If not,the game is broken, and boring.

All of our hard work going into testing etc will be useless, and our cars tuned 'correctly' are also now useless.

I am quite disappointed by this news now. 
    It looks like only slalom has been affected. If you look back a 699 rs6 still wins on drags, twisty road etc. 699 S8 and green Porsche still wins twisty road
  • TNThomasTNThomas Member Posts: 573 ✭✭✭✭
    mazeoops said:

I heard midrange is bad
    Can anyone confirm this (preferably with a 996 tune)? I just wanted to start maxing it out...
  • RobGripesRobGripes Member Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TD01055 said:
    RobGripes said:
    The physics changes are horrible. 

There seems to be no logical reason that a lighter, grippier car would lose a slalom, g-force or other similar race.

Are there ANY races a 699 tune wins? If not,the game is broken, and boring.

All of our hard work going into testing etc will be useless, and our cars tuned 'correctly' are also now useless.

I am quite disappointed by this news now. 
    It looks like only slalom has been affected. If you look back a 699 rs6 still wins on drags, twisty road etc. 699 S8 and green Porsche still wins twisty road

I haven't updated yet but when I do I will definitely run a few tests. I hope this is the case, that only slalom is affected but that is the one race that you would expect weight to play a vital role in determining the result. 

• TGPDTGPD Member Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mazeoops said:

I heard midrange is bad
    Can anyone confirm this (preferably with a 996 tune)? I just wanted to start maxing it out...
    Midrange definitely is bad, the stats are too good for it's RQ
  • Amy25Amy25 Member Posts: 18
    edited October 2018
    I'm so lucky................................... With my main account I bought 12 American Premium Packs, the only new cars were the Hemi Cuda and the Chevy Monte Carlo SS.The rest were El Caminos, Suburban, Mustang and Cadillacs........  On the second account which is rarely used and has only 40 cars I had only 50.000 cash, bought one pack and got the Epic Lingenfeldter Corvette... Damn!
    Post edited by Amy25 on
  • BoxtaSBoxtaS Member Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bobdylan said:
    12rq? This should be swift in a straight line
    I like the look of that too, and this: 

• bobdylanbobdylan Member Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭✭✭
    033 it 
  • OzzmanOzzman Member Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Nacho101 said:
    Ok, so the AI driving changes seem to have made the beat even faster

Before it did standing start slalom in 30.70 for 323 and I think 30.66 for 233.  Now 323 does 30.53 and 233 does 30.63. Stock times are the same.

The 323 AZ-1 also beats the 233 AZ-1 in Slalom. 

EDIT: Looks like it might be across the board.
    RQ19 Elise 135 Slalom results:

Standing Old
    233 27.93 
    323 28.00

Standing New
    233 27.96 
    323 27.93 

Rolling Old
    233 26.20
    323 26.16

Rolling New 
    233 26.50
    323 26.40
    This is a game changer... what do we do now with our useless 233 builds? I understand the need to correct certain issues/bugs but I’m beginings to think we were better off before...

Seems also to be the case with indoor karting and car park, these two tracks and the standing slalom were usally the places where the 699 cars could shine. Did a bit of testing with my Honda Beats:

Indoor karting:
    969 (old - new): 51,36 - 51,43
    699 (old - new): 51,33 - 51,50

I don't have the times for the car park before the update, but IIRC the 699 was faster there as well, now however:
    969: 48,20
    699: 48,33

I just can't think of a track where the 699 Honda Beat is fastest now. And I'm sure it's not just the Beat. This is serious.