PL7.5 Known Issues and planned fixes

13»

Comments

• Hutch_TimHutch_Tim Posts: 623 admin
    As previously noted, the Race Info tips are adequate for beginners, but not very accurate for close races. It doesn't know when to call out weight as a key factor (roughly 1,700kg vs 1,000kg in this case), and it doesn't know that engine upgrades improve traction (not relevant in this case as both are 969).

"Better spec" is the newer term for "Performance fingerprint", meaning the Subaru XT has some sort of factor that should make it better on this kind of course that isn't captured by 0-60, handling etc (similar to how the hill climb bonus works). I do think "Better Spec (e.g. ABS, TC)" is a bit of a misleading phrase since it's often one of these bonuses at play rather than ABS or TC.
  • evilprofesseurevilprofesseur Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hutch_Tim said:
    "Better spec" is the newer term for "Performance fingerprint", meaning the Subaru XT has some sort of factor that should make it better on this kind of course that isn't captured by 0-60, handling etc (similar to how the hill climb bonus works). I do think "Better Spec (e.g. ABS, TC)" is a bit of a misleading phrase since it's often one of these bonuses at play rather than ABS or TC.

so in short the message boils down to "the winning car had following advantages: 'it was better in some regard'
    Could we make the race info list weight in slalom? Shouldn't be that difficult seeing as - if I understand this correctly - the car advantages screen uses very simple logic now.