Nissan GT-R Nismo Prelims [EVENT]

bluedogsnoopbluedogsnoop Posts: 825 ✭✭✭✭✭
How strong is your Jaguar hand and is the prize car something you desire? 

Comments

• DabigpDabigp Posts: 686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want the nismo, but will have to invest heavily in my S and A cars...
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 7,263 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This, but no way are they going to allow the XJ220 to run.  It’d be nice to have, since I don’t have a GT-R yet.

• PashaPasha Posts: 333 ✭✭✭
     Without XJ220 will be tough? Do you think so?

• ThephenomsprintThephenomsprint Posts: 467 ✭✭✭

Eh.....
  • Destroyer2k11999Destroyer2k11999 Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Thought I stood a chance, looking at all the hands above apparently not without heavy investment :o

Eh.....
    At least you have Project 8 and two bullets F-type Convs. Hope it is going to be enough
  • Steph81Steph81 Posts: 238 ✭✭✭
    Like it, should be fine

• RawelRawel Posts: 943 ✭✭✭✭✭

No chance
    edited November 2018
    @Steph81 You've already got that Nismo, just chill and wait  ;) 
  • ThephenomsprintThephenomsprint Posts: 467 ✭✭✭
    Pasha said:

Eh.....
    At least you have Project 8 and two bullets F-type Convs. Hope it is going to be enough
    Hope so too ... 
  • mauro07mauro07 Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭✭✭
    only A class my jaguar but stocks :/
  • David_FookDavid_Fook Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s a no on both counts from me. I’ll max the F-type and buy a couple CF’s, but not going to be my event.

Now that 4wd performance cars won’t be useful for off-road drags the car doesn’t seem that important.
  • evilprofesseurevilprofesseur Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I should be fine. Got enough food for epics and some for legends too. 

• bantel_catbantel_cat Posts: 969 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TD01055 said:

Now that 4wd performance cars won’t be useful for off-road drags the car doesn’t seem that important.
    4WD should still have an advantage over RWD on off-road drags though I'll doubt we'll see any so that Project 8 doesn't have a big advantage, I wonder if they could add a no prize car requirement? 
  • bluedogsnoopbluedogsnoop Posts: 825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TD01055 said:

4WD should still have an advantage over RWD on off-road drags though I'll doubt we'll see any so that Project 8 doesn't have a big advantage, I wonder if they could add a no prize car requirement? 
    I think David was referring to the 4WD of the Nissan as a prize car and how useful it will be down the line. I agree though it will be interesting to see how they limit the advantage of the Project 8. Since the Trans-Am is being offered as a prize in the current event, then you have to assume there will be dry tracks in the final, or else that is a troll and a half. Maybe an RQ limit? (we all know how well that is received though). 

As for me. Jaguar is a better garage than most, so I am not trying too hard in the current event as it is just not worth the resources. 

• David_FookDavid_Fook Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    TD01055 said:

I think David was referring to the 4WD of the Nissan as a prize car and how useful it will be down the line. I agree though it will be interesting to see how they limit the advantage of the Project 8. Since the Trans-Am is being offered as a prize in the current event, then you have to assume there will be dry tracks in the final, or else that is a troll and a half. Maybe an RQ limit? (we all know how well that is received though). 

As for me. Jaguar is a better garage than most, so I am not trying too hard in the current event as it is just not worth the resources. 

Yeah I just did some tests with my newly acquired GT-R (timing much?) and it gets destroyed on drags by the 996 patrol. (5 secs on wet dirt 1/4). It was off-road Japanese drags where the lack of a gtr hurt so much. 

Also noticed from the the daily how good 4wd standard tyres now are in the wet.  I barely won the matchup below - another tune on the CT6 and it would have won

• MettitiMettiti Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    inb4 
  • rei348rei348 Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭✭
    Another car I'll never win! Yeah!!!
  • mauro07mauro07 Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rei348 said:
    Another car I'll never win! Yeah!!!

me too :D:D  i will play and i will arrive in silver tier around 9/11 position as everytime!!! :D:D
  • MettitiMettiti Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Martyo said:
    Umyeah I think I need to start playing this game more
    you're in better shape than me and i play this game too much lol
  • joel24joel24 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭✭
    I'll be able to secure tier 2 or maybe 1 ........ that is before 1 hour before the event ends. Then all the late joiner swill join and kick me to #140. This has happened a lot of time before . #event end times.
  • GrossbucketsGrossbuckets Posts: 447 ✭✭✭
    Anyone have time differences between (or on) the Jag XKR-S GT vs the F-type convertible?  They have the same engine but f-type is 50kg lighter....can’t explain the difference in MRA.  Anyhow....I’d like to know if the XKR-S GT is worth building?  Thnx
  • baestbaest Posts: 551 ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone have time differences between (or on) the Jag XKR-S GT vs the F-type convertible?  They have the same engine but f-type is 50kg lighter....can’t explain the difference in MRA.  Anyhow....I’d like to know if the XKR-S GT is worth building?  Thnx
    F-Type for fast, XKR-S GT for twists.
  • GrossbucketsGrossbuckets Posts: 447 ✭✭✭
    baest said:
    Thnx, can anyone explain how a car that uses the same drivetrain, gear box, transmission, engine, and only weighs 50kg more is so much slower?
  • O__VERO__VER Posts: 1,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    baest said:
    Thnx, can anyone explain how a car that uses the same drivetrain, gear box, transmission, engine, and only weighs 50kg more is so much slower?
    Because inconsistency.
  • JayJay Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    baest said:
    Tuned different? I wonder how many of these cars are tuned differently in real life. Same gear box with different ratios will alter performance for different circumstances I spose. Dunno. Just an honest question.
  • joel24joel24 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭✭
    F type is more modern than the xkrs gt. ;)    Btw both have same midrange ?
    And also can anyone tell which is better from those three cars using >, < symbols.
  • EndlessWavesEndlessWaves Posts: 786 ✭✭✭✭

Another fortnight, another pair of D rarity reward cars, another 500 trophies.

On the bright side, I've never had an XJ-R so if I can make it to the ceramic tier in the prelims I'll stand a good chance of getting my first. Plus three out of my four high rarity Jaguars came from Prize car events/build-ups.