Nissan GT-R Nismo Prelims [EVENT]

Comments

• David_FookDavid_Fook Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    TD01055 said:
    bobdylan said:
    @bobdylan In your bracket and working my way up, so if I get there would appreciate a bit of cooperation. What are you running? 
    Will do 
    I’m with you gents as well
    Hello again, David! I’m even less convinced of a top 10 in this event - trying to decide which of my P1 (663), Levante and 620R (both 333) to upgrade and use. Can do a couple of fuses with spare epics but no more. Or might not bother as it’s still just a B or C and a CF! 
    I think I’m going to bail. I have no Hope for the finals so will save my food. My Levante and P1 are still stock so I’ve gone for R500. When Gabor is only on the fringes of the top-10 you know it’s a tough group!
  • Peter_GPeter_G Posts: 35
    edited November 2018
    Anybody with me ?
  • rkorallerkoralle Posts: 733 ✭✭✭
    Should i have a chance with this for tier2 or better enter late?
    Story McLaren or stock levante?

• nel1978nel1978 Posts: 172 ✭✭✭

@DeserT, @Olli8888, @CharlieR i m trying to make my way to top 10 and work together to stay in top 10.  
  • MSteeLMSteeL Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nel1978 said:

@DeserT, @Olli8888, @CharlieR i m trying to make my way to top 10 and work together to stay in top 10.  
    Hi there Nel, had some great battles with you, hope no grudges out there! Btw what is the situation on EU brackets guys?
  • James_PearceJames_Pearce Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TD01055 said:
    TD01055 said:
    bobdylan said:
    @bobdylan In your bracket and working my way up, so if I get there would appreciate a bit of cooperation. What are you running? 
    Will do 
    I’m with you gents as well
    Hello again, David! I’m even less convinced of a top 10 in this event - trying to decide which of my P1 (663), Levante and 620R (both 333) to upgrade and use. Can do a couple of fuses with spare epics but no more. Or might not bother as it’s still just a B or C and a CF! 
    I think I’m going to bail. I have no Hope for the finals so will save my food. My Levante and P1 are still stock so I’ve gone for R500. When Gabor is only on the fringes of the top-10 you know it’s a tough group!
    I’ve decided to drop down and smarf for a bit. My hand is comfortably T3, and I can get back there pretty easily if needed. Can hopefully collect enough for a couple more Ceramics on the way back up! 
  • nel1978nel1978 Posts: 172 ✭✭✭
    MSteeL said:
    nel1978 said:

Hi there Nel, had some great battles with you, hope no grudges out there! Btw what is the situation on EU brackets guys?
    Hello @MSteeL, had to check your IGN, that s ok with battles i like that. But now i will reconaize you and hope you can help each other. 
    Our bracket still only 202 players and looks hard one 😬. I suggest you to wait a litlle bit more. I will tell when is full.
  • Steph81Steph81 Posts: 238 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Brackets filling like this game is dying... slow and painful
    Post edited by Steph81 on
  • funbreakefunbreake Posts: 103 ✭✭✭
    Come on hutch. That's a bad joke. Really not funny. The brackets are useless!
  • GrossbucketsGrossbuckets Posts: 447 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    I don’t know what they are doing with brackets these days....of course they never tell us anything but, I have noticed that no matter when I join...I’m in a bracket with same people and very high trophy counts (up to 100k trophies). This seemed to happen when I crossed the 20k trophy mark.  So, it is disconcerning to know that you are stuck in the mud, spinning wheels again...much like it was just after finishing campaign with no way to compete.  I haven’t seen most of you forumers (in a bracket) for a long time??  Anyone know what is up?  I see a lot of foreign names, and the trophy counts still seem to range from small to enormous.  Doesn’t look like they are organizing by trophy counts alone but there is some change
  • Nacho101Nacho101 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭✭
    Wonder why brackets are filling so slowly. The requirements are not tough, most people would have 3 jags and 2 UK cars. In fact I was expecting an avalanche of players to join. Has everyone left or is everyone just going to join late? And if players are joining late, just how late are they joining??

BTW, anyone know how the asian servers are going? I don't fancy my chances against the likes of Cey Kim, Eric, and Seven Han.
    Case and point

Any bracket (player totals) updates guys?  Asian, US ?
  • ZumZum Posts: 70 ✭✭
    nel1978 said:

I‘m with you, too, but my hand probably isn‘t strong enough for tier 1.
  • DeserTDeserT Posts: 502 ✭✭✭✭
    nel1978 said:

We are gonna have to race each other unfortunately since we are a bit packed... we need to spread the wins and keep racing whoever is below. Nice hand btw!
  • benhaha85benhaha85 Posts: 236 ✭✭✭
    Which would you run, the XKSS at 996, or the XK8 at 969? Cannot make my mind up between those 2.
  • evilprofesseurevilprofesseur Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭✭✭
    benhaha85 said:
    Which would you run, the XKSS at 996, or the XK8 at 969? Cannot make my mind up between those 2.
    probably xk8. it'll lose on hairpin but should win slaloms, car parks and twisty roads. I'm running a 969 xkss, would switch to xk8 if I had one.
    @nel1978 sure, looking forward to it! Guess I joined your bracket too guys, 30 people joined in 12 hours. Again, this is just absurd.
  • BoxtaSBoxtaS Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MSteeL said:
    @nel1978 sure, looking forward to it! Guess I joined your bracket too guys, 30 people joined in 12 hours. Again, this is just absurd.
    Think I’m in that bracket too. About 12 forumers so decided to smarf. 

It’s rather sad that it’s far more lucrative to intentionally lose at this game than to try to win. I know it’s always been like that, but never more so than now. 
  • UltimateUltimate Posts: 777 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That’s only because you’ve decided to work with other forumers @BoxtaS. If the gloves were off, I think the feeling would be much different. So in that sense, it’s not so much the game has evolved as such as our own play style 
  • BoxtaSBoxtaS Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ultimate said:
    That’s only because you’ve decided to work with other forumers @BoxtaS. If the gloves were off, I think the feeling would be much different. So in that sense, it’s not so much the game has evolved as such as our own play style 
    That’s a very fair point, and I agree - some of it we’ve brought upon ourselves, but it used to be a more manageable number of us in each bracket. 

The forum cabal is a bit like the EU though - you could leave, but you’d be in serious trouble if you did! 
  • ojlerouxojleroux Posts: 173 ✭✭✭
    I'm in your group @DeserT, @Olli8888, @CharlieR, @Zum, @nel1978.
    My hand is hopefully enought for tier3, maybe you can avoid me ;)
  • mauro07mauro07 Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭✭✭
    how fill EU server?
    Just join, it wont fill till 5 mins before it ends... Ghhhhwzzzz
  • TimButTimBut Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    actually prelims are closing faster than previous event 
  • bluedogsnoopbluedogsnoop Posts: 825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mauro07 said:
    how fill EU server?
    The are 73 in mine and it has only gained about 20 or so in the last 6 hours. You are better off joining and smurfing and at least getting $ for ceramics than waiting and taking the chance in the last few hours. 
    mauro07 said:
    how fill EU server?
    The are 73 in mine and it has only gained about 20 or so in the last 6 hours. You are better off joining and smurfing and at least getting $ for ceramics than waiting and taking the chance in the last few hours. 
    who is in the first 10 position? some forumers?
  • DabigpDabigp Posts: 686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does somebody know if a xkss 699 wins the twisty tracks against a 969? Im upgrading one now
  • bluedogsnoopbluedogsnoop Posts: 825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mauro07 said:
    mauro07 said:
    how fill EU server?
    who is in the first 10 position? some forumers?

Thanks a lot!! :)