So, which prize car will be the next event prize?

Comments

• hillclimberhillclimber Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    Starting with the Pikes Peak last year, repeats have been appearing every 2-3 months.  Based on that, we should see one at the end of this month or in July.

I'm going to throw my guess out for the Peugeot 405 T16 Pikes Peak to be next.

On a side note, the next Austin event should start next Sunday.
    an off-roader again? 

the more I think about the next repeat I think it will be the Metro with an announced nerf.
  • David_FookDavid_Fook Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    Starting with the Pikes Peak last year, repeats have been appearing every 2-3 months.  Based on that, we should see one at the end of this month or in July.

I'm going to throw my guess out for the Peugeot 405 T16 Pikes Peak to be next.

On a side note, the next Austin event should start next Sunday.
    an off-roader again? 

the more I think about the next repeat I think it will be the Metro with an announced nerf.
    Don’t think they can nerf it. They intended to release it as a rally car, and more importantly people fought for it (bought it) as a rally car.

Only option is to buff its stats imho, maybe in line with a re-run before they up it to legendary class
  • RWareRWare Posts: 798 ✭✭✭✭
    I don't think they will upgrade it to a Legendary

Massively unfair 2nd time around for those to upgrade it if it does happen. As soon as that Quattro or the likes comes out, the Metro won't be as dominant in open-restriction Off-road courses
    RWare said:
    I don't think they will upgrade it to a Legendary

Massively unfair 2nd time around for those to upgrade it if it does happen. As soon as that Quattro or the likes comes out, the Metro won't be as dominant in open-restriction Off-road courses
    I agree. I was thinking they could up it to a legendary if they re-run the event now. It wouldn’t change stats until PL9 at the earliest giving new winners fair chance to upgrade. Gives a problem on the third release but given the current rate of re-runs that’s my little boys problem. 
  • TopDrives40778TopDrives40778 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TD01055 said:
    Would love a repeat of a car I already have so I can restock, so let’s go for the GT4 🤞🏼
    You already have the GT4? 🤔
    TD01055 said:
    Would love a repeat of a car I already have so I can restock, so let’s go for the GT4 🤞🏼
    You already have the GT4? 🤔
    The lotus, yes. Should have specified!
    My guess is the next prize car will be a Legendary with between 4 and 6 cylinders
  • SprungGeoduckSprungGeoduck Posts: 52 ✭✭✭
    My guess is the next prize car will be a Legendary with between 4 and 6 cylinders
    That's... an interestingly specific guess, which would narrow it down to...
    - Sport Quattro S1
    - GT-R Nismo
    - Pikes Peak XL7
    - X-Bow GT4
    - 911 GT1 road car
    - 405 T16 Pikes Peak
    - GT3 RS 4.0
    - 959 Dakar
  • hillclimberhillclimber Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's... an interestingly specific guess, which would narrow it down to...
    - Sport Quattro S1
    - GT-R Nismo
    - Pikes Peak XL7
    - X-Bow GT4
    - 911 GT1 road car
    - 405 T16 Pikes Peak
    - GT3 RS 4.0
    - 959 Dakar
    I know someone who would really like to have on more shot at the XL7... 
    but the smart kids already brought their arguments against a repeat and 778 said "between 4 and 6 cylinders" between 4 and 6 is 5. so the next prize car has to be the Audi Quattro S1, unless someone wants to disagree with 778 👊
  • SprungGeoduckSprungGeoduck Posts: 52 ✭✭✭

Arguments against a repeat, huh?
  • jczerojczero Posts: 653 ✭✭✭✭

They've got to make money somewhere...
  • RWareRWare Posts: 798 ✭✭✭✭
    Oh man. This car is OP.

I was far too low in RQ to compete last time. Wonder if I will have a shot this time. Probably not without shelling out though
  • evilprofesseurevilprofesseur Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh man, good thing I didn't blow my food on the laguna. I'll be pissed if I don't win again, I was on the very border of t1 last time.

please please make the reqs very broad so that participation will be very hight.
  • hifichrishifichris Posts: 376 ✭✭✭
    918 spider !!!
  • MoogMoog Posts: 375 ✭✭✭✭
    Make it a musketeer event :)
  • Evil_RabbitEvil_Rabbit Posts: 229 ✭✭✭
    362 days since I won the 918, my best car by far.
    I wonder how many of us are still out there...
    But it would have been more fun with the last Bugatti or Mclaren, or any other Epic that hasnt been up for grab

Will be nice to be able to sit this one out though :)
  • Hutch_RobinHutch_Robin Posts: 843 admin
    We occasionally hold events for previously awarded Prize Cars, enabling players another (or their first) opportunity to obtain particular Prize Cars. As we don't often run these events (currently around one in four Tri Series), we have to select which cars are awarded. That is based on things like player requests, desirability, time since last awarded, how popular the events were in the past, how popular the event is likely to be now, usability in events.

We have been giving out new top prize cars more frequently that at any time in the past. Tri Series weren't reliably every 2 weeks all throughout last year.

If you haven't won the car before, you'll have an opportunity to win it. If you have won the car before, as this event replaces a new Tri Series, there is an alternate Finals event, with some of the best minimum guaranteed prizes of any event, and some great top prizes, too.
  • MalaniMalani Posts: 68 ✭✭✭
    Will be my first owners club event too - hope the prizes will be better than some of the recent ones.....
  • LEGENDNADALEGENDNADA Posts: 970 ✭✭✭✭
    You should guarantee a 5x CF for the owners :pensive:

Do you mean to tell me that 8 is not between 4 and 6?!   Curse you numbers for fooling me again!  🧮
  • evilprofesseurevilprofesseur Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mikes said:
    oh man, good thing I didn't blow my food on the laguna. I'll be pissed if I don't win again, I was on the very border of t1 last time.

please please make the reqs very broad so that participation will be very hight.
    German, 1996s, RWD, 2seater, red colour X5
    bring out the  carbons!
  • LEGENDNADALEGENDNADA Posts: 970 ✭✭✭✭
    TD01055 said:

Well that was unexpected. Pretty annoyed actually, as an owner. @Hutch_Robin there are so many earlier prize cars that haven’t been repeated, can you explain the thinking behind this?
    None of them are desirable enough to get new players to spend. 💰 

I agree it’s too early for a re-run of the 918, it’s not like the Pikes where there were only a handful of owners left.

Competition to win it this time will be relatively easy with 80-90% of the “top” players out of the equation, the owners event meanwhile will be a bloodbath and the prizes for lower tiers (where I’ll be) will be rubbish, you can almost guarantee that, a CF for last place.....another RQ19 whoop de do. 

Good luck to those going for it first time though. 

Even the top tier prizes won't be that good:)
  • O__VERO__VER Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Save your Epic food. Most people, myself included, have realised the 918 is the best car in the game and have upgraded or maxed it.