General Discussion

So, which prize car will be the next event prize?

Comments

• grandvachegrandvache Member Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Infiniti q60.
  • AntounAntoun Member Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Infiniti q60.
    It was announced ?
  • grandvachegrandvache Member Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Antoun said:
    Infiniti q60.
    It was announced ?
    Just my guess @Antoun
  • AntounAntoun Member Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Antoun said:
    Infiniti q60.
    It was announced ?
    Just my guess @Antoun
    Damned thought you heard about something... 😂🤦🏽‍♂️
  • lemmings99olemmings99o Member Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got no event starting thursday evening, that's when the 1st part of the series usually starts right? Wonder if it'll pop up later tomorrow 
  • TD01055TD01055 Member Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sweet, a fortnight off
  • samagoichisamagoichi Member Posts: 834 ✭✭✭✭✭

• RWareRWare Member Posts: 497 ✭✭✭✭
    I'll save some gold at least
  • Phil_SmithPhil_Smith Member Posts: 51 ✭✭✭
    It’s a fairly average prize car... which means I’ll no doubt have all the required vehicles to win it. Even though I already have the arguably better ATS.
  • evilprofesseurevilprofesseur Member Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I expect some really cool cars in the carbons
  • RWareRWare Member Posts: 497 ✭✭✭✭
    £10 says the Final is 5 x CF for Tier 1 to accompany the Prize Car, just like the Alfa when it was assumed the car was not that desirable....
  • bscavalcantibscavalcanti Member Posts: 10
    edited August 8
    weak car = good FCs in finals.

Some people saying the final will be 5x BWM GR exclusive.
    And qualy will be 5x porsches + 5x coupés
  • binnerbinner Member Posts: 510 ✭✭✭✭
    It would be fun if they could do 1 car from each decade in a finals or 1 car from each country. Eg. 1 of each 70s, 80s, 90s, 00s, 10s car. Or 1 us, it, jp, Ger, UK. Hell even 1 red car 1 yellow car 1 blue car 1 green car 1 white car would be fun instead of the usual 5x of a tag. Maybe it's too hard to sell cf's though when requirements are not so specific
  • TGPDTGPD Member Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    they can't with their current system of applying restrictions.
    I wish they could though.
  • binnerbinner Member Posts: 510 ✭✭✭✭
    TGPD said:
    I know absolutely nothing about app development but I can't imagine it would be that hard to change that system to allow this. If they're players of the game themselves they must able to see how this could make for fun events with a good variety of hands
  • TGPDTGPD Member Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    binner said:
    TGPD said:
    I know absolutely nothing about app development but I can't imagine it would be that hard to change that system to allow this. If they're players of the game themselves they must able to see how this could make for fun events with a good variety of hands
    If they aren't able to take care of some server upgrades, what are the chances of this happening?
    obviously they have time to create CF packs for every single event (even challenges lately)
  • lemmings99olemmings99o Member Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    VOLVO, surely its gotta be time for it?
  • ManUtdTobbeManUtdTobbe Member Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭✭✭
    VOOOOOOLVO
    I'm gonna lose it if it turns out that the Volvo is actually pretty bad
  • AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Member Posts: 626 ✭✭✭✭✭
    VOOOOOOLVO
    You are not giving up on it Tobias :)
    VOOOOOOLVO
    You are not giving up on it Tobias :)
    Never
  • LEGENDNADALEGENDNADA Member Posts: 902 ✭✭✭✭

I FEEL IT COMING 
  • Hutch_TimHutch_Tim Administrator, Hutch Staff Posts: 603 admin
    Funny you should say that... the Volvo has a pending correction hanging over it that seems likely to make it worse (to make sure it benchmarks properly vs. the 1999 Laguna BTCC). So it won't be given out until that's confirmed and implemented.

Speaking of which, as you'll have just seen, the CTS-V has an upcoming correction but we didn't confirm that until after it was locked in as the prize. Usually we try to avoid that. If it was due to get worse I think we would have had to switch it out, but at least it's getting better. On the topic of it requiring 2 fuses to beat the Boss 302, that's based on the pre-correction version; I haven't been able to test out the results of the corrected one yet (as we haven't re-run the 'resolver' with the next set of cars/corrections etc yet).
  • MoogMoog Member Posts: 339 ✭✭✭
    TD01055 said:
    Moog said:
    jczero said:
    If you haven't won the car before, you'll have an opportunity to win it. If you have won the car before, as this event replaces a new Tri Series, there is an alternate Finals event, with some of the best minimum guaranteed prizes of any event, and some great top prizes, too.
    We get that after not succeeding a new expansion in this game you have to figure out a more interesting way to milk us, but WHEN has owners club ever been giving out any good car? Where’s the minimum guaranteed quality to the once winner of those prestigious cars, does a pikes owner deserve the worst S Porsche SUV? Or does p8 owners deserve the lesser 4wd jag S? Do you call them top prizes? By the way, do owners deserve to have only top 3 for tier 1? Because tier 2 onwards are just rewarded with a CF and a rubbish card.

CANT WE HAVE AN EQUIVALENT OF PRIZE IN OWNERS CLUB FOR ALL THE OWNERS?
    You're moaning about the prizes that haven't been announced yet?
    No, he’s making a point about the quality of the previous owners club prizes, and it’s a fair one. At the very least we should be fighting for a car of equivalent RQ, but that hasn’t been the case in the past.
    They've already stated that the prize cars for the owners will be the best ever...
  • TD01055TD01055 Member Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    M4 GTS anyone?
    Hutch_Tim said:
    Funny you should say that... the Volvo has a pending correction hanging over it that seems likely to make it worse (to make sure it benchmarks properly vs. the 1999 Laguna BTCC). So it won't be given out until that's confirmed and implemented.

Speaking of which, as you'll have just seen, the CTS-V has an upcoming correction but we didn't confirm that until after it was locked in as the prize. Usually we try to avoid that. If it was due to get worse I think we would have had to switch it out, but at least it's getting better. On the topic of it requiring 2 fuses to beat the Boss 302, that's based on the pre-correction version; I haven't been able to test out the results of the corrected one yet (as we haven't re-run the 'resolver' with the next set of cars/corrections etc yet).
    Make it UR ;)
  • O__VERO__VER Member Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 20
    Nevermind. Didn't read properly.
  • EAmaralEAmaral Member Posts: 38 ✭✭
    M4 GTS it is then
    EAmaral said:
    M4 GTS it is then
    yaaaaay.
    On the other hand I'm broke so it's fine by me