General Discussion

So, which prize car will be the next event prize?

Comments

• LittleEnosBurdetteLittleEnosBurdette Member Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Hutch_Robin you’ll have the data of the players that competed in the pikes “winners” event and how many prize cars they’ve won, I could dig around and find out who was in the EU ones pretty easily, it was only a handful that were left, of the ones I’m aware of they would have no problem winning any prize car. For sure one of them did win the Pikes twice as I’m sure you know. 
    ppedras said:
    Imo just for entering the winners event you should be guaranteed a car level in RQ to that of the other event prize car. 99% of the time winners are going to be in never filling brackets, up against the toughest opposition, with a worse prize, doesn’t make sense to me. 
    You think everyone who won a previous prize car should be guaranteed another car of that RQ value just for showing up to the second event?
    I do. It’s not logical, like @LittleEnosBurdette said, the competition is many times harder than in the “normal” prize brackets. And secondly Hutch should be grateful for those players to still be around and be playing the game. Why should these players be discriminated and be racing for a lesser prize? Is that logical to you? It’s bad enough that to some players in the past be granted the opportunity to win and keep a second Mercedes GT3 while now we have to be pleased with some “food”.
    Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I don't think any player, no matter what they have won in the past, should be guaranteed a certain level of prize or car just because of what they have won in the past.  Besides taking away from whole competition aspect of the game, wouldn't that be the very definition of 'snowballing' that most players want to avoid.  I've been critical of Hutch for lack of communication (no early heads up on the first 'no prize car' limitation) or bugs that can make the game frustrating, but at the end of the day they don't owe us anything for how long we've played, or how loyal we are, or how many prize cars we've won.
    You’re not in the minority, most people would agree with you I’d assume. I’m not saying Hutch owe me, or anyone else anything, only a fairer reward prize for past winners who have to compete in harder brackets for less of a prize. 
  • mikesmikes Member Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    As a side note, when your reaction to these events we've done is describing it as discrimination and questioning our gratitude towards players unless we give out RQ 30 Legendaries, it feels difficult to have a constructive conversation. Of course we appreciate the dedication of players to Top Drives!
    Agreed.  Just because you don't agree with Hutch doesn't mean you need to start acting like a jerk, as what happens all the time on here. 

What?!  Hutch doesn't give us free cars for X reason?  CONDEMN THEM AND TREAT THEM LIKE DIRT!  
    I WANT MY FREE CHIRON NOW!!!1!1!11!!
  • grandvachegrandvache Member Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ppedras said:
    Imo just for entering the winners event you should be guaranteed a car level in RQ to that of the other event prize car. 99% of the time winners are going to be in never filling brackets, up against the toughest opposition, with a worse prize, doesn’t make sense to me. 
    You think everyone who won a previous prize car should be guaranteed another car of that RQ value just for showing up to the second event?
    I do. It’s not logical, like @LittleEnosBurdette said, the competition is many times harder than in the “normal” prize brackets. And secondly Hutch should be grateful for those players to still be around and be playing the game. Why should these players be discriminated and be racing for a lesser prize? Is that logical to you? It’s bad enough that to some players in the past be granted the opportunity to win and keep a second Mercedes GT3 while now we have to be pleased with some “food”.
    Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I don't think any player, no matter what they have won in the past, should be guaranteed a certain level of prize or car just because of what they have won in the past.  Besides taking away from whole competition aspect of the game, wouldn't that be the very definition of 'snowballing' that most players want to avoid.  I've been critical of Hutch for lack of communication (no early heads up on the first 'no prize car' limitation) or bugs that can make the game frustrating, but at the end of the day they don't owe us anything for how long we've played, or how loyal we are, or how many prize cars we've won.
    You’re not in the minority, most people would agree with you I’d assume. I’m not saying Hutch owe me, or anyone else anything, only a fairer reward prize for past winners who have to compete in harder brackets for less of a prize. 
    I wonder... I don't know what the prize was in the most recent repeat event, but in the pikes event it was a legendary Porsche offroader right (and not the best one).

Would you have preferred 3 trash rq 23 epics for a "free" legend upgrade?

Seems to me that might make a more welcome reward to people who already have the prize car, plus perhaps a single CF lottery ticket.
  • hillclimberhillclimber Member Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 8

Would you have preferred 3 trash rq 23 epics for a "free" legend upgrade?

I'm certain a 100% in that bracket will answer that question with "all day long YES!"
    this car can only catch up with the SQ5 when it's maxed and even than it loses on the slower tracks. So it's not worth the 15 epics needed to bring it to a competitive level and @333 it's not good for anything. At least not for the guys you typically find in the winners bracket.
  • MSteeLMSteeL Member Posts: 859 ✭✭✭✭
    I also wanted to say that 5x cf would be reasonable reward for first tier if the prize car you are missing is a very good legendary and not some mediocre epic. 
  • ManUtdTobbeManUtdTobbe Member Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The prizes for the PP owners event did look meh, but for the latest one i thought they did a really good job, the former owners were basically guaranteed a CF + Epic, not sure how anyone can complain about that?
    The prizes for the PP owners event did look meh, but for the latest one i thought they did a really good job, the former owners were basically guaranteed a CF + Epic, not sure how anyone can complain about that?
    But the former winners would probably have been guaranteed that or better in the main final no?  
    It was certainly a better structure in the Porsche one but the only reason people didn’t complain was because the Carrera GT is a poor legendary and not worth winning again to collect dust, and also that the S Mercedes (that was only awarded to places 1-4) in the winners was probably a more useful car. 
    Anyway, I’m fighting a losing battle here, if people think Hutch are getting it right..... I give up. 
  • TimButTimBut Member Posts: 827 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love to take part in owners to club, no need to put much effort and still get cf+epic, or maybe even legendary
    TimBut said:
    I would love to take part in owners to club, no need to put much effort and still get cf+epic, or maybe even legendary
    Clueless. 
  • AntounAntoun Member Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Hutch_Robin I would like to know if something will be done for the Acura NSX-T, Mini Cooper S Works GP and Hummer H3T ?

These 3 Prize cars were offered only as Tiers 2 at the very begining...
    Do you have already an idea ?
  • TD01055TD01055 Member Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭✭✭
    But the former winners would probably have been guaranteed that or better in the main final no?  
    It was certainly a better structure in the Porsche one but the only reason people didn’t complain was because the Carrera GT is a poor legendary and not worth winning again to collect dust, and also that the S Mercedes (that was only awarded to places 1-4) in the winners was probably a more useful car. 
    Anyway, I’m fighting a losing battle here, if people think Hutch are getting it right..... I give up. 
    While it’s true that previous winners would have a good shot at winning again, doing so would likely require effort, resources, fuses Etc, so to say they should win an equivalent car just for entering is probably a stretch. I don’t think they have quite got the balance right yet, it’s somewhere in between. I think at least an equivalent RQ prize, maybe a higher % tier one and better tier 2 prize is the way to go. 5xcf seems good too. These should be events that reward owners above and beyond the normal prizes.
    edited January 8
    I think they got it close to spot on in the Porsche owners event. Getting CF + Epic without having to fight hard or make fuses is enough for sure, more then that for just showing up is excessive. If the original prize car is stronger then the top prize in the owners event needs to be stronger too (and probably tier 2 aswell), but not the bottom prizes.

Calling others clueless for having a different opinion (one that is shared by most on this forum) seems pretty arrogant.
    I think they got it close to spot on in the Porsche owners event. Getting CF + Epic without having to fight hard or make fuses is enough for sure, more then that for just showing up is excessive. If the original prize car is stronger then the top prize in the owners event needs to be stronger too (and probably tier 2 aswell), but not the bottom prizes.

Calling others clueless for having a different opinion (one that is shared by most on this forum) seems pretty arrogant.
    What gives you the opinion it’s shared by most on the forum/player base? Long term players more successful and valuable to Hutch than you and I have quit over it. As I said, it’s my opinion right or wrong. 
    If you think I care that you or anyone else believe I’m arrogant you’ve got the wrong person I’m afraid. 
    I get the idea that the majority disagree with you from the responses in this thread.

And no, i don’t expect someone arrogant to care that others perceive him/her as arrogant, because thats how arrogance works.
    edited January 8
    I get the idea that the majority disagree with you from the responses in this thread.

And no, i don’t expect someone arrogant to care that others perceive him/her as arrogant, because thats how arrogance works.
    You’re the only person that’s given me any disagrees? 👍🏻
    Because 2 or 3 people agree on a post doesn’t make it a majority I’m afraid. 
    Anyway, as I’ve said 2 or 3 times, Robin has not replied so I’m done here. 

You’re the only person that’s given me any disagrees? 👍🏻
    Because 2 or 3 people agree on a post doesn’t make it a majority I’m afraid. 
    Anyway, as I’ve said 2 or 3 times, I’m done here. 
    Small sample so i could be wrong.

Still super arrogant to call him clueless for having a different opinion.
  • TimButTimBut Member Posts: 827 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually I would love to have some Owners club events separately from tri series, just like any other rare events. Like some small privilege for a players who put much effort to win prize car.  
  • milewski1015milewski1015 Member Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the Pikes was a bit of an outlier when it came to prize cars. If I remember correctly it was the first prize car to be given out that required the use of a manufacturer that was brand new to the game. Hutch has pointed out before that comparatively very few people owned the Pikes because not many people were able to meet the requirements to enter, let alone do well in that event. Maybe @HeissRod can help me remember as he’s pretty good about keeping data, but I don’t think that there were any Suzuki-specific packs available. This meant that you really had to gamble with Japanese premiums or ceramics to get your hands on competitive Suzukis. At the time, with the game in it’s relatively new state, I’m sure a lot of current players (myself included) had yet to invest large sums of money into the game (excluding known spenders like @Camaro or @BaZzi). People were still learning how the game works, and I’m sure there were some people that just didn’t think the pikes would be as valuable as it is. The point I’m trying to make is that a lot of the success people had in obtaining the pikes its first go-around was pack luck based. Yeah, I’m sure the super whales got their hands on it. But I would argue that the original pikes is a prize car that is much less indicative of overall garage strength than others - because of the fact that the event and it’s stipulations were difficult to meet/succeed with. Therefore, I’d conclude that a number of people that won the pikes were just lucky with packs and that doesn’t necessarily mean that they would win it on the re-run. 
  • milewski1015milewski1015 Member Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 8
    TimBut said:
    Actually I would love to have some Owners club events separately from tri series, just like any other rare events. Like some small privilege for a players who put much effort to win prize car.  
    That would be a cool idea for sure, especially if prize car use is starting to be phased out of events for exciting rewards. However, I’m not sure how Hutch would go about balancing this. I assume they’d do a similar thing as they’ve been doing with the owners club events alongside the finals. But I think there would have to be a non-owners event going on that owners couldn’t enter in order to maintain fairness. People would gripe if owners of a certain car had more events (and therefore more rewards/prizeboards) at their disposal. 
  • Huskic69Huskic69 Member Posts: 1,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Antoun said:
    @Hutch_Robin I would like to know if something will be done for the Acura NSX-T, Mini Cooper S Works GP and Hummer H3T ?

These 3 Prize cars were offered only as Tiers 2 at the very begining...
    Do you have already an idea ?
    I would like to see them in the austin weekend challenge
  • HeissRodHeissRod Member Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe @HeissRod can help me remember as he’s pretty good about keeping data, but I don’t think that there were any Suzuki-specific packs available.  
    I was an infant back then, in terms of game use, but I don't recall ever seeing any Suzuki-specific packs ever.  Doesn't mean I haven't just forgotten about them.....
    HeissRod said:
    Maybe @HeissRod can help me remember as he’s pretty good about keeping data, but I don’t think that there were any Suzuki-specific packs available.  
    I was an infant back then, in terms of game use, but I don't recall ever seeing any Suzuki-specific packs ever.  Doesn't mean I haven't just forgotten about them.....
    It was the first new manufacturer and the first multiple-race series. I believe it was three rounds and each race unlocked better Suzukis. And you won Suzuki packs. I believe they were for sale, but I can't remember.
    So yes, you could buy all the ceramic Suzuki packs you wanted. Spoiler - I did not remain in third...or the top 5...

• samagoichisamagoichi Member Posts: 828 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, they were for sale:

@Huacanacha - blast from the past. I was hoping he'd return after the NASCAR season was over.