So, which prize car will be the next event prize?

Comments

• HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 7,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 5
    O__VER said:
    HeissRod said:
    oof

that was before i even started playing and i'm here for more than 2 years
    Mercedes x5.  Back when you could run a hand of partially-built epics and Ultra Rares and still be undefeated.
    Was it offroad? Because i remember winning my first CF in some Mercedes off-road final, the 333 6x6 being really strong there and my lucky card.

I think that was for either the P1 or 918 first time round. Having a 333 6x6 and a GLE 63 S was dominant against everyone else's Rare 280 GE and UR G63.
    Thanks. I got a sweaty T2 and was really excited. Always wondered which prizecar it was all about.

Don't really know.  I tried quickly to find the Finals thread, but came up with nothing. 

If you want to try and find it, the first event ended on 02/05/18 and the second chance event ended on 02/09/18. 
  • O__VERO__VER Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭✭✭
    O__VER said:
    HeissRod said:
    oof

Mercedes x5.  Back when you could run a hand of partially-built epics and Ultra Rares and still be undefeated.
    Was it offroad? Because i remember winning my first CF in some Mercedes off-road final, the 333 6x6 being really strong there and my lucky card.

I think that was for either the P1 or 918 first time round. Having a 333 6x6 and a GLE 63 S was dominant against everyone else's Rare 280 GE and UR G63.
    Thanks. I got a sweaty T2 and was really excited. Always wondered which prizecar it was all about.

Actually I think I am wrong about it. 918 was Porsche and P1 was Ford (no idea how I won that – must have been a late join lol). Now I'm confused and can't remember what it was.
  • O__VERO__VER Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah it was the Caterham Levante finals. What a waste of time.
    O__VER said:
    O__VER said:
    HeissRod said:
    oof

Actually I think I am wrong about it. 918 was Porsche and P1 was Ford (no idea how I won that – must have been a late join lol). Now I'm confused and can't remember what it was.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12fUXsix9kDoZQqGm9KBakhclwF7njjubwZYEd5QC958/edit?usp=sharing

First 918 Tri-Series was Porsche x5
    Second 918 Tri-Series was French Renaissance x5, DS x2
    P1 was Ford x5, with the GT40 prize car available for use 
    Woohoo!  959 Dakar!  I already have it.  :#
  • evilprofesseurevilprofesseur Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And cue 8 days of wondering what the owner's challenge will look like
  • lemmings99olemmings99o Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Current guess is uk 4wd final. No Prize car for me again if true.
  • hillclimberhillclimber Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Hutch_Tim
    Is this your first re-run?
  • greddygreddy Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something huge probably, VW ID, slick Jag, Senna? 
  • hajduk_fanhajduk_fan Posts: 423 ✭✭✭
    I think Senna.

It just got improved in last update while P1 GTR which is probably its main competitor from same manufacturer got nerfed a bit.
  • KcrayKcray Posts: 110 ✭✭✭
    I think McLaren Senna, Pagani Revolucion, or Lamborghini Veneno
  • AslanVAslanV Posts: 764 ✭✭✭
    Maybe something on the lighter side, or a brand new ER ?
    McLaren Senna 
  • MrpiratepeteMrpiratepete Posts: 968 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Hutch you truly have lost the connection to the community... 
  • hajduk_fanhajduk_fan Posts: 423 ✭✭✭
    I think Senna.

It just got improved in last update while P1 GTR which is probably its main competitor from same manufacturer got nerfed a bit.
    Hey hey.

When you know the modus operandi too well :D
  • LittleEnosBurdetteLittleEnosBurdette Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, what idiot disagrees with these posts without giving any reason?
    Someone really doesn't like you lol.
    Shame we can't see who disagrees like we used to be able to
  • TD42792TD42792 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let’s proceed by elimination. Everyone agrees or likes the post... the one who did not is the one that disagreed. Easy
  • OzzmanOzzman Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please tell me you're not gonna run a final with ER requirements and a bugged UI for the Senna. Surely this cannot be serious.
    Ozzman said:
    Please tell me you're not gonna run a final with ER requirements and a bugged UI for the Senna. Surely this cannot be serious.
    Of course they are, gonna keep the cash machine running.
    edited August 20
    15x CF Offer for the qualifying, talk about inflation... 
  • Hutch_TimHutch_Tim Posts: 670 admin
    @Hutch_Tim
    Thanks for remembering! This was my second re-run actually, but the first one where I was able to beat the owner's challenge, so that was nice.

(This is not the thread for it, but while I'm here and for anyone wondering, the 2nd hot fix for PL12 just finally got approved by Google Play so is starting to roll out on Android now).

Regarding prize car choice and correction/nerf-conspiracy: when a new car comes in, it can clarify what the performance hierarchy of a certain set of cars should be, and you'll see corrections to existing cars on that basis, as car correction experts will know. This could go either way, although if we're adding newer cars (like 2019 or 2020) I suppose it's likely they will be at the top of a hierarchy, and rather than engage in some sort of stat-inflation we'd rather adjust the older cars downwards to respect the performance hierarchy. But then I would say that, wouldn't I.

Anyway, time for some benchmarks. I've re-run these results for cars that had their performance change in PL12. First up, the S96 2013 McLaren Senna:

Nothing too surprising there based on the stats; it loses to the McLaren P1 on fast tracks, but wins on the twistier ones.

I also though it would make sense to look again at the monthly challenge Arc 6 prize, the S83 2016 KTM X-Bow GT4, after it has had some corrections:

The X-Bow GT4 does sit a little strangely among its peers; a worse 0-60, better handling, worse weight, better MRA. Perhaps most notable is that it can even beat a Superlight R500 in a Twisty Circuit, but of course it would need the upgrades to match.

Perhaps more interesting is it has the joint-equal highest handling of all of our "Rest of the World" cars (country = Sweden/Austria/Australia/Netherlands/Croatia, if you want to check that in the filters).
  • MollyWonkaMollyWonka Posts: 12
    @Hutch_Tim
    In the list of fixes there was a change from 0-100 to 5.1 seconds for the McLaren Senna. In your testing 0-100 is 5.3 seconds. So this change didn't happen in the game?
  • evilprofesseurevilprofesseur Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I assume it loses to p1 gtr everywhere or almost everywhere?
    Hutch_Tim said:
    @Hutch_Tim
    Thanks for remembering! This was my second re-run actually, but the first one where I was able to beat the owner's challenge, so that was nice.

(This is not the thread for it, but while I'm here and for anyone wondering, the 2nd hot fix for PL12 just finally got approved by Google Play so is starting to roll out on Android now).

Regarding prize car choice and correction/nerf-conspiracy: when a new car comes in, it can clarify what the performance hierarchy of a certain set of cars should be, and you'll see corrections to existing cars on that basis, as car correction experts will know. This could go either way, although if we're adding newer cars (like 2019 or 2020) I suppose it's likely they will be at the top of a hierarchy, and rather than engage in some sort of stat-inflation we'd rather adjust the older cars downwards to respect the performance hierarchy. But then I would say that, wouldn't I.

Anyway, time for some benchmarks. I've re-run these results for cars that had their performance change in PL12. First up, the S96 2013 McLaren Senna:

Nothing too surprising there based on the stats; it loses to the McLaren P1 on fast tracks, but wins on the twistier ones.

I also though it would make sense to look again at the monthly challenge Arc 6 prize, the S83 2016 KTM X-Bow GT4, after it has had some corrections:

The X-Bow GT4 does sit a little strangely among its peers; a worse 0-60, better handling, worse weight, better MRA. Perhaps most notable is that it can even beat a Superlight R500 in a Twisty Circuit, but of course it would need the upgrades to match.

Perhaps more interesting is it has the joint-equal highest handling of all of our "Rest of the World" cars (country = Sweden/Austria/Australia/Netherlands/Croatia, if you want to check that in the filters).

Can you please show us how it compares against the P1 GTR.
  • LEGENDNADALEGENDNADA Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i hope we don’t get any other ER finals!!