So, which prize car will be the next event prize?

Comments

• lemmings99olemmings99o Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i hope we don’t get any other ER finals!!
    I wouldn't mind an ER prize car provided the restrictions aren't ER.
    I'm gonna guess at something like this just to try and get people to spend.

• greddygreddy Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    While at it... Why are most koenigseggs classed as coupes if they have removable roof? 
    Nah, that'll probably be used after the next update as the 1st prize car to need the new cars forcing people to buy packs.
  • LEGENDNADALEGENDNADA Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭✭
    Lambo svj
    Unless it's got amazing Mra I'm not that concerned with this one to be honest. I think it's a bit too far behind the power curve now.
  • AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • O__VERO__VER Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Is this one of the best prize cars ever?"

What a weird question. In terms of RQ alone, it's 9th equal alongside 8 other cars. Even then, no way it's the fastest, no way it's the best handling, no way it has the highest top speed. It doesn't have any unique stats, so I would say the answer to that is an obvious "no".
  • BoxtaSBoxtaS Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe one of the best *lamborghini* prize cars ever... 
  • KcrayKcray Posts: 102 ✭✭✭

From a weekly challenge last November which puts MRA at 90 . The only noted change in PL12 was a change to the 0-136mph time. 

It would be nice it @Hutch_Tim could post some comparisons and include the already awarded Huracan Performante and Sesto Elemento. 
    @Hutch_Tim any chance of a comparison table like previous prize cars?
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 7,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Hutch_Tim any chance of a comparison table like previous prize cars?
    Yes, show me it's worse than the Huracan Performante.  :D
  • Blue2moroBlue2moro Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A comparison chart against other prize cars showing how it's one of the best ever would be nice. No Buses allowed!
  • AslanVAslanV Posts: 760 ✭✭✭
    Nice to see you working on these kind of features!
  • xaratsarhsxaratsarhs Posts: 381 ✭✭✭
    Hutch_Tim said:
    So, a new curve-fitting tool has been built which gives us the ability to skew the curve in a few different ways and hopefully get closer to the mark with some of these unusual cars. I've seen it demonstrated but I'm not sure the design has been finalised. We may deploy that at the same time as the fix for the infamous 'engine traction bonus' as they are quite closely related - along with the time-limited one-free-retune functionality, as both are very likely to change which tunes are best in different situations.

Is this feature means that we would only change the tune in the same car or transfer them in an other one of the same rarity? because if its only the first one doesn't do the job.
  • Hutch_RobinHutch_Robin Posts: 934 admin
    Is this feature means that we would only change the tune in the same car or transfer them in an other one of the same rarity? because if its only the first one doesn't do the job.
    It allows you to change the upgrades of a specific car from one tuning to another e.g., 996 to 969. This was developed as it would be accompanying engine changes that, as Tim said in his post, are very likely to alter which tuning is effective on which challenge.

We are not developing the ability to remove upgrades from one car and put them onto a separate car.
  • xaratsarhsxaratsarhs Posts: 381 ✭✭✭
    It allows you to change the upgrades of a specific car from one tuning to another e.g., 996 to 969. This was developed as it would be accompanying engine changes that, as Tim said in his post, are very likely to alter which tuning is effective on which challenge.

We are not developing the ability to remove upgrades from one car and put them onto a separate car.

Thanks for the answer but this feature isn't going to solve anything, in most cases after the "correction" the need is to transfer the tunes to an other one that doesn't affect by this changes...
  • nathanwindnathanwind Posts: 344 ✭✭✭

Out of interest is this a one-time feature for each car? As the physics change with updates cars go from being better as 969 to 699 and then back again. Would a player be allowed to make one adjustment per car? The obvious question would be what if the physics change meant you wanted to change again. I've got quite a few cars that are 969 and id like them to be 699. Are you able to expand any more about the rules behind this feature?
  • Hutch_RobinHutch_Robin Posts: 934 admin
    edited September 25
    Thanks for the answer but this feature isn't going to solve anything
    Yes, it is. It will solve the issue where you tuned a car for a particular performance situation and that is changed by the engine improvements, so you can still have that vehicle perform best on whichever challenges you want.
    Out of interest is this a one-time feature for each car? As the physics change with updates cars go from being better as 969 to 699 and then back again. Would a player be allowed to make one adjustment per car? The obvious question would be what if the physics change meant you wanted to change again. I've got quite a few cars that are 969 and id like them to be 699. Are you able to expand any more about the rules behind this feature?
    We release the significant engine improvements. Then for a limited time, any maxxed out car can change once to an alternative 24-upgrade configuration. That's likely how it will work.

You shouldn't be planning to retune cars to 699 before you know what scenarios that is and isn't effective in, and you won't know that until after engine improvements are released.
  • BoxtaSBoxtaS Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, it is. It will solve the issue where you tuned a car for a particular performance situation and that is changed by the engine improvements, so you can still have that vehicle perform best on whichever challenges you want.
    We release the significant engine improvements. Then for a limited time, any maxxed out car can change once to an alternative 24-upgrade configuration. That's likely how it will work.

You shouldn't be planning to retune cars to 699 before you know what scenarios that is and isn't effective in, and you won't know that until after engine improvements are released.
    If a car can only be changed once, how do we know whether to make that change if we can’t change it back? 

Assuming most of us don’t have multiple maxed individual cars, we would need to either use them in an event or find a friend with a different tune to compare - so how long will we have to do all this testing? 
  • nathanwindnathanwind Posts: 344 ✭✭✭

Fair point. Let's take my epic ipace. I tuned that 969 early after it came out and it looks like the 699 is better. A change is made. I don't have two ipaces so how do I know if the 699 or 969 is now better? On this basis I'm not sure the change of tune is that useful as how will you know if it's better to stick or twist unless you have a duplicate to compare against.
  • TD42792TD42792 Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭✭✭

Fair point. Let's take my epic ipace. I tuned that 969 early after it came out and it looks like the 699 is better. A change is made. I don't have two ipaces so how do I know if the 699 or 969 is now better? On this basis I'm not sure the change of tune is that useful as how will you know if it's better to stick or twist unless you have a duplicate to compare against.
    The only way I can see it working is if the retune is available pretty much forever, and in an event if you see another tune is much better then that is the time to retune, otherwise it is pointless. But then if it is as such, it changes the meta quite a bit, all of sudden you wont be able to beat a hand as the guy changed his tune.

In a nutshell, I dont see how the retune function can be implemented in a useful manner. 
  • LittleEnosBurdetteLittleEnosBurdette Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They way I’m understanding it is that we’ll be allowed to change the tune after the update for a limited time only, then you’re stuck with it. 

Obviously this is going to be a pain to test then retune the higher RQ cars we have so one would hope the time frame isn’t too short. 4 weeks is a minimum I’d say. 

• TD42792TD42792 Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They way I’m understanding it is that we’ll be allowed to change the tune after the update for a limited time only, then you’re stuck with it. 

Obviously this is going to be a pain to test then retune the higher RQ cars we have so one would hope the time frame isn’t too short. 4 weeks is a minimum I’d say. 

176 fully upgraded leg / epic / UR (not even counting SR and below). That is a LOT of testing. And obviously there are much bigger garages than mine out there.
    Assuming someone is mad enough to spend the time and run the tests, how do you even know which tune is better if you dont have duplicates? In 4 weeks there are not so many events that you can test that many cars vs opponents with different tunes. 2 tri-series, that’s not a lot of testing.
    There'll be a lot of posts on here with people asking for times on a lot of cars on different tracks, expect utter chaos.
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 7,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 25
    I don't get why Hutch is getting grief for this feature, as it's something the playerbase has been asking for.  Now that they are delivering it, they're getting grief for what....not telling players what the best tune is post update?

nathanwind said:
    xaratsarhs said:
    nathanwind said:

How did you decide on 969 to begin with?  You observed competition, found posted times somewhere, or asked the community for times.  You will do the same thing here, except this time you won't respond with a "oh great, my old tune is now useless".  Instead, you'll get a chance to change it. 
    Post edited by HeissRod on
  • AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 25
    We get this feature because the physics engine gets changed (again), not because people wanted sth to spend hours on to test and compare and that shakes our garages. Also Hutch likes to reduce traffic at support for changing tunes, so its in their very own interest.