So, which prize car will be the next event prize?

Comments

• HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 7,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We get this feature because the physics engine gets changed (again), not because people wanted sth to spend hours on to test and compare and that shakes our garages. Also Hutch likes to reduce traffic at support for changing tunes, so its in their very own interest.
    We get this feature because the physics engine is being replaced with a model that will hopefully better represent car's powerbands, as Tim described above.  Hutch is looking to improve the game and is giving you a tool to adjust to the improvement.  Remember when X car had it's 0-60 reduced in a fix and it made the car slower on the top end?  Based on Tim's explanation of adapting to power curves, the 0-60 would drop in the new engine without affecting the top end.  Isn't that a win?

In the past, when physics have changed, you've been stuck with trying to contact support to get something changed.  Now, you don't have to do that.  Why is that a bad thing?
  • nathanwindnathanwind Posts: 344 ✭✭✭
    Not sure I would class my question as "grief", merely posing a dilemma. Ideas should be able withstand a bit of scrutiny to test whether they are good ideas. It does remind me why I don't post on this site much anyone however. I'll just go back to using it to see the track requirements before I enter events.
    Not sure I would class my question as "grief", merely posing a dilemma. Ideas should be able withstand a bit of scrutiny to test whether they are good ideas. It does remind me why I don't post on this site much anyone however. I'll just go back to using it to see the track requirements before I enter events.
    @nathanwind Apologies for not placing my second paragraph above the reply to you.  That was meant as a general reply to the others and not directly to you.  I'll fix it.
  • AslanVAslanV Posts: 760 ✭✭✭
    edited September 26
    For me, not a problem, the community is a huge enough so we can compare before change.

A person in 323 wants to see if 323 is still the best or not. Same for the person who owns the 233.

Main question will be the time after the release when you can change once. 24h 1W ? 1 month ? (Open question not expecting an answer, as I guess it can still be in discussion,major game design)
  • nathanwindnathanwind Posts: 344 ✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    @nathanwind Apologies for not placing my second paragraph above the reply to you.  That was meant as a general reply to the others and not directly to you.  I'll fix it.
    @HeissRod. No drama. You do a good service on the forum btw. A thankless task for sure.
  • AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im tired of relearning the game once or twice a year when something gets tried to fix. And just by looking at the past i doubt this will be the final engine fix. All previous failed in one way or another.
    Lately a big part of my UR garage became useless as most of my old cars have the back then superior 969 tune. Is Hutch aware how much time it costs to check over 240 maxed URs alone for the correct new tune? And we cant even check many tracks in the campaign, for a event to appear that fits the reqs and has the wanted tracks could take months.
    Keep in mind that quite some players spend unhealthy amounts of money on the game/cards/tunes. The length of the period to change tunes will be crucial for it to be a success or lead to another outcry.
  • StealthFTStealthFT Posts: 331 ✭✭✭
    edited September 26
    @Hutch_Tim the MRA curve fitting tool and engine-traction fix sound good, eager to see these introduced.
    Also, I hope you'll reconsider the time limitation component of the retune feature. Since there will be a single retune per car, it's not like people will be able to exploit it. So is there any need to limit the time too?
    Edit: with around 1400 maxed cars, I'm quite concerned about the time limit thing.
  • lemmings99olemmings99o Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    StealthFT said:
    @Hutch_Tim the MRA curve fitting tool and engine-traction fix sound good, eager to see these introduced.
    Also, I hope you'll reconsider the time limitation component of the retune feature. Since there will be a single retune per car, it's not like people will be able to exploit it. So is there any need to limit the time too?
    Edit: with around 1400 maxed cars, I'm quite concerned about the time limit thing.
    I suppose the worry is someone could max a car for 1 event then change it 3 months down the line for another event if there isn't a time limit on it, even tho they can only do it once.
    Without us knowing what the time limit is, it's difficult to for a justifiable opinion on it.
    edited September 26
    Another thing that sucks is wanting to help out the forumers here with times from the post-update change, but knowing that lurkers will also benefit from it.
  • GymopenGymopen Posts: 119 ✭✭✭
    P1 re-run incoming?
    Gymopen said:
    P1 re-run incoming?
    Didn't we have the viper rerun just before this last one, so a bit soon for another rerun? We're about due an Epic prize car aren't we?
  • PGleo86PGleo86 Posts: 23 ✭✭
    Gymopen said:
    P1 re-run incoming?
    Didn't we have the viper rerun just before this last one, so a bit soon for another rerun? We're about due an Epic prize car aren't we?
    We're due a rerun this upcoming tri-series as the SVJ just finished up, which is new; we are just about due an epic as well I reckon. 22b rerun? (please?)
  • BoxtaSBoxtaS Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 28
    P1, BX, ME4-12 & camaro 1LE are all potentials I think...?
    and Peugeot pikes peak maybe? 
  • greddygreddy Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Me412 i guess. Only American dream legend left. 
    greddy said:
    Me412 i guess. Only American dream legend left. 
    They could do a rerun of it I suppose, was given out in may 2019, but it's not that desirable.
  • TD23088TD23088 Posts: 18
    Thanks for the answer but this feature isn't going to solve anything
    Yes, it is. It will solve the issue where you tuned a car for a particular performance situation and that is changed by the engine improvements, so you can still have that vehicle perform best on whichever challenges you want.
    Out of interest is this a one-time feature for each car? As the physics change with updates cars go from being better as 969 to 699 and then back again. Would a player be allowed to make one adjustment per car? The obvious question would be what if the physics change meant you wanted to change again. I've got quite a few cars that are 969 and id like them to be 699. Are you able to expand any more about the rules behind this feature?
    We release the significant engine improvements. Then for a limited time, any maxxed out car can change once to an alternative 24-upgrade configuration. That's likely how it will work.

You shouldn't be planning to retune cars to 699 before you know what scenarios that is and isn't effective in, and you won't know that until after engine improvements are released.
    I have to strongly disagree with only being able to retune only "maxxed out car"s .  If I have committed to an upgrade path but I have not yet achieved enough fuse material then why should I be bound to that upgrade path if it may not be the best after the new system in put in place?  e.g. If the best current upgrade path for any given car is 699 and the car is currently in an upgrade state of 669 there are only two option from that point, 699 or 969.  If the new system determines the best upgrade is 996 then there is no option to achieve this if you don't let in cars that are not fully upgrades.

I also strongly disagree with not having the ability to move upgrades to different cars.  If you chose to upgrade a car because it was the best at whatever you upgraded if for and the new system makes that obsolete then you should get your upgrades to apply to a different car.  e.g. You upgrade a Porsche because it was the best one in your stable to upgrade in a Porsche event.  Now the new system comes in and that Porsche is no longer the best in your stable for whatever reason you upgraded.  Now another Porsche would be better and you are stuck with an upgraded underperforming Porsche only because the new system made it worse.
  • GymopenGymopen Posts: 119 ✭✭✭
    Gymopen said:
    P1 re-run incoming?
    They're doing re-runs in-between each newly released prize car.
    Gymopen said:
    Gymopen said:
    P1 re-run incoming?
    They're doing re-runs in-between each newly released prize car.
    22b it is then 😂😂
  • KcrayKcray Posts: 102 ✭✭✭
    P1 time?
  • BoxtaSBoxtaS Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kcray said:
    P1 time?
    Only if the requirements suit me. ME4-12 if not 👍
    Volvo BTCC? No? Ok  :'(:'(
  • O__VERO__VER Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thinking it's time for an ER prizecar. They're almost all pretty ridiculously high end though, so it's probably gonna be a shitfight unless Hutch decides to run the Spyker.
    edited October 12
    Might be too early for an ER prize car.  It took nearly 6½ months to see our first GE prize car in a tri-series (Atom V8) and 2½ for an IR prize car (Sesto).

I'm throwing out a guess for a Bentley prize car.
  • TopDrives40778TopDrives40778 Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jag XJR-9 🤤
  • AslanVAslanV Posts: 760 ✭✭✭
    More than prize car, I am more looking at the requirements ! I am still looking to get my first one ^^
  • KcrayKcray Posts: 102 ✭✭✭
    I think it will be the BMW M3 GTR, but would gladly accept what 40778 suggested as well
    We're overdue an epic tho, last one was march for the metro or may for the muira
    RUF RTR 2016 Rq98 it is then