Any sneak peak to the new updates?

Comments

• RWareRWare Posts: 762 ✭✭✭✭
    There's enough RUF/VW without allowing prize cars, right?

I meant base VW/RUF though, not style icon. I re-read my comment and that could be construed. I meant in the style of minimum 3 x marques that's probably not diverse enough to be 5 x 
  • David_FookDavid_Fook Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RWare said:

I meant base VW/RUF though, not style icon. I re-read my comment and that could be construed. I meant in the style of minimum 3 x marques that's probably not diverse enough to be 5 x 
    Afaik they can’t combine manufacturers as filters yet, so they can do 5x USA 4WD for example, but 5x Gr and 3x VW would take up both filters, not allowing them to ban prize cars
  • greddygreddy Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dont forget that best vw is classified as a prize car. 
  • AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Posts: 933 ✭✭✭✭✭
    To add a 3rd filter would give way more options, hope it will be implemented in the next upate.
  • MrpiratepeteMrpiratepete Posts: 491 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 16
    greddy said:
    If you are speaking about the Golf GTI TCR yes. Since how many months now? Everything takes so long, even minor things like that smh...
  • _HighVoltage__HighVoltage_ Posts: 165 ✭✭✭
    If you are speaking about the Golf GTI TCR yes. Since how many months now? Everything takes so long, even minor things like that smh...
    They are working “hard,” you know? The community put so much effort compiling lists of small changes and improvements in car data - even provided verification links; yet, Hutch still haven’t implemented a majority of these changes because...it takes a long time apparently. 
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 5,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RWare said:
    No more BMW please

I like the 5 x GR with VW x 3 style event though. Or RUF x 3
    With the lack of low-end RUFs available, I doub't we'll ever see an event filter beyond RUF x1

• lemmings99olemmings99o Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are working “hard,” you know? The community put so much effort compiling lists of small changes and improvements in car data - even provided verification links; yet, Hutch still haven’t implemented a majority of these changes because...it takes a long time apparently. 
    Remember tho, they're just a small team lol
    We still haven't had a VW x5 event
  • RWareRWare Posts: 762 ✭✭✭✭
    TD01055 said:
    RWare said:

Afaik they can’t combine manufacturers as filters yet, so they can do 5x USA 4WD for example, but 5x Gr and 3x VW would take up both filters, not allowing them to ban prize cars
    Sorry yes I understand now. That took a while for the penny to drop.

Restriction [1] - 5 x GR
    Restriction [2] - VW/RUF x 3
    No room for the (Non-prize car x 5) restriction

Toss up between wether allowing the Clubsport is ok in this or not. And for that matter the other BMW prizes. I guess they're not game breaking, but you could see 3-prize car hands if we were to have 5 x GR / 3 x RUF for example.

(Have there been 2 x BMW GR prizes released? Or just one....not sure.. anyway, ramble over)
    RWare said:
    TD01055 said:
    RWare said:

Restriction [1] - 5 x GR

Toss up between wether allowing the Clubsport is ok in this or not. And for that matter the other BMW prizes. I guess they're not game breaking, but you could see 3-prize car hands if we were to have 5 x GR / 3 x RUF for example.

(Have there been 2 x BMW GR prizes released? Or just one....not sure.. anyway, ramble over)
    For real now, I don't have any prize cars but jeez just go with it and allow them for this one. What's the worst that can happen? Missing out a ceramic pack if you don't manage to reach place 1-10? If it's a disaster then we just have more proof that prize cars should not be allowed and if it works out then they can think about allowing prize cars more often. 
    I don't care anymore. It feels like nothings happening anymore...
  • MoogMoog Posts: 372 ✭✭✭✭
    greddy said:
    The Golf R400 is listed as a prize car too.

• TimButTimBut Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    To add a 3rd filter would give way more options, hope it will be implemented in the next upate.
    god no. You want x5 some country x3 whatever you have stock x2 whatever you are missing ? 

• MoogMoog Posts: 372 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 17
    Moog said:
    greddy said:
    The Golf R400 is listed as a prize car too.

Sorry my mistake, I shouldn't have trusted my memory. I meant Golf GTI W12.
    Post edited by Gsearch on
    RWare said:
    TD01055 said:
    RWare said:

Restriction [1] - 5 x GR

For real now, I don't have any prize cars but jeez just go with it and allow them for this one. What's the worst that can happen? Missing out a ceramic pack if you don't manage to reach place 1-10? If it's a disaster then we just have more proof that prize cars should not be allowed and if it works out then they can think about allowing prize cars more often. 
    I don't care anymore. It feels like nothings happening anymore...
    Events with ceramics for places 1-10 already allow prize cars
    HeissRod said:
    Events with ceramics for places 1-10 already allow prize cars
    Yeah you are right, my bad.
  • Hutch_KatieHutch_Katie Posts: 110 admin
    @Hutch_Katie can you give us an idea of ETA?

More than a month or less than a month??
    Yes, it's more or less than a month. ;)
    Thanks for the teaser on Instagram @Hutch_Katie - more than one update this year 😉

Sorry, that was false hope. I was referring to events that take inspiration from the feedback. Apologies!
  • TopDrives40778TopDrives40778 Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭✭✭

Being disappointed is always worse! I should be more careful about being Fake News. 
  • mauro07mauro07 Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭✭✭
    and every update a lot of bugs and errors!! So, a lot of time for a new update but they don't check stats !! :D :D
    HeissRod said:
    Actually, we did.  I think the majority of long time players will agree that there were less errors with the cars in the last two updates than there have been in previous updates.  
    Yes, that is true. But there are a ton of long-term mistakes that were never corrected because they are not deemed a priority.
    Agree.  I wish car fixes could be approved quicker and rolled out in between updates.  This way players wouldn't get used to how a car performs and then it gets changed way down the road.  This would save some players fuse food going into cars they wouldn't have otherwise built.

i.e. - I put two grip fuses into my VW W12 Roadster, because it was good in the wet.  Now it's losing it's 4WD. :(
  • David_FookDavid_Fook Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    HeissRod said:
    Actually, we did.  I think the majority of long time players will agree that there were less errors with the cars in the last two updates than there have been in previous updates.  
    Yes, that is true. But there are a ton of long-term mistakes that were never corrected because they are not deemed a priority.
    Agree.  I wish car fixes could be approved quicker and rolled out in between updates.  This way players wouldn't get used to how a car performs and then it gets changed way down the road.  This would save some players fuse food going into cars they wouldn't have otherwise built.

i.e. - I put two grip fuses into my VW W12 Roadster, because it was good in the wet.  Now it's losing it's 4WD. :(
    @HeissRod I would settle for a monthly / twice monthly list of confirmed changes so that we get given as much notice as possible that might influence decisions to upgrade cars, like the VW one in question. I assume you have heard back that that particular change has been accepted?
    edited September 16
    TD01055 said:
    HeissRod said:
    HeissRod said:

@HeissRod I would settle for a monthly / twice monthly list of confirmed changes so that we get given as much notice as possible that might influence decisions to upgrade cars, like the VW one in question. I assume you have heard back that that particular change has been accepted?
    No.  We don't get notified about what they have or have not decided to proceed with.  We just report what we can with as much accuracy and supporting facts as possible.  It's then up to the Hutch team to approve and roll out (or not approve).

My example above was just a vehicle that has good supporting data, so I'm assuming it will be changed.  I could end up being wrong on my assumption, which wouldn't be the first time. lol